PDA

View Full Version : 07 Honda Odyssey - pertol smell inside the car after 80kms service - new fuel filter

Saileng
15-09-2010, 07:32 PM
I have recently serviced the 80,000 kms service at RAC Myaree WA and few weeks later the car start to smell petrol. I sent it back to RAC on Monday and all they said is tighten a "nut" and the seal behind it may need to be replaced due to wear and tear but need 6-8 weeks to order from Japan? Puzzle?

2 days later the smell start again and is now came from inside the car. I am not convinced with their explanation and will send the car back tomorrow morning. When I asked them why didn't they check the fuel fileter to see whether they fit correctly as the pressure must be right and they could not asnwered me/ I also ask did they check whether the overflow tube being placed correctly and they just mumble.

Can someone help me so that I will not be fool by the counter when I send the car tomorrow.

Many thanks

Saileng

snug_gles
22-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Go to Honda (I use Burswood Honda) and ask them to take a look at the problem. Likely that any parts that are required... they will have it. I don't believe this 6~8 week order from Japan crap. Honda dealerships in Perth will order their parts from Eastern States... and they will typically have stock there.