PDA

View Full Version : 6 deck cd problem.

tay113
16-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Hi guys,
Anyone out there got a spare 6 deck cd to clear as my one is stuck to just one disc and wont shuffle.Any other ideas as i am quite happy with the current players sound quality and especially it does play cassette too or is it worth the money to replace just the player to a mp3? .thanks tay

YLDS2K
16-09-2010, 12:21 AM
You will notice a incredible difference in sound output if you change your headunit and put a decent set of speakers behind it. I do have a CD stacker which i have recently removed from my car although it also has the same problem that a CD is stuck in it. Mine is the type that fits in the secret compartment and not on the LHS inside the boot.

Keep your eyes peeled also in the For Sale thread as i've seen a few of these come up for a decent price. Also i will be writing up a DIY on a custom stereo system install into S2's (still in the progress)

tay113
16-09-2010, 01:04 AM
You will notice a incredible difference in sound output if you change your headunit and put a decent set of speakers behind it. I do have a CD stacker which i have recently removed from my car although it also has the same problem that a CD is stuck in it. Mine is the type that fits in the secret compartment and not on the LHS inside the boot.

Keep your eyes peeled also in the For Sale thread as i've seen a few of these come up for a decent price. Also i will be writing up a DIY on a custom stereo system install into S2's (still in the progress)

Thank you and will consider a head unit and also where would i place the rear speakers to get better sound? Will i get decent sound quality with current speakers or added speakers as the noise level is about 70decibel while in the car.Looking forward to your DIY set up.cheers tay

YLDS2K
16-09-2010, 01:10 AM
some people tend to cut out holes behind the seats to slip in 6 inches although i feel that this just sends sound into your back and will not produce any clarity whatsoever. I actually added speakers within the roll bar hoops with a purpose made bracket and i have put in a 6 inch JL Audio, which gives me unbelievable sound quality even on the freeway with the top down. This will be covered with pics and how to install in the DIY

tay113
16-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks and looking forward to your pics.

euromandeluxe
16-09-2010, 04:48 PM
hey YLDS2K, do you find that the roll hoop speakers tend to give you too much sound from the right channel (when in the drivers seat) and not enough from the left channel? I'm wondering if having a speaker so close to your head causes a loss of stereo balance

YLDS2K
16-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Well it does feel the sound is closer although I prefer it closer. In some tunes I listen to, the original artist/dj's tend to play around with sound levels and I can still distinguish what sound is coming from where. I just basically put mine in to give me louder and less distorted music in my car especially when the top is down.

VeYzZii
17-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Tay11e. I have a stacker i took out of the car. 15 inch sub didnt fit... So i got busy with the grinder in the bood. I got the stacker, but not the frame holding it in the car. PM if interested.