PDA

View Full Version : removal of antenna and rear washer jet

bennyv
17-09-2010, 09:08 AM
hey people been playin in the shed for a few months,in this time i have done a couple of minor repairs and now want to rubb the whole car back for the paint job.
i can pull my whole car aprt and put it back together but do you think i can figue out how to releasepower antenna ffrom panal some kind of metal clip and same with rear water jet.

car is vtir dc2 integra

Bludger
17-09-2010, 11:41 AM
you know how to pull your whole car apart and put it back together but you don't know how to remove the antenna and washer jet?

Bulbasaur
17-09-2010, 02:21 PM
antenna is easy. open up the boot and remove the trim. your going to have to remove the trim where ur car's brake lights are aswell to remove the trim on the side where the antenna is under. you only require a 10mm socket and cross head screwdriver for this trim thing. once you got under the trim theres one bolt holding the antenna in place, use ur socket and remove it, you still wont be able to take it out yet since there is a plug giving it the power, a 3.5mm jack and a hose still connected to it. once you took them out go back to the outside of the car where ur attena is and there should be little dents on the crome peice where ur antenna sits. use a clamp or something to hold onto the only to the crome peice so u can twist it.

if you have trouble gettin the plastic screw out of the trim get a flat headed screwdriver so it fits under the washer thing the screw is sitting on and providing some force push it up abit but not enough to pull the whole thing out you should be able to take the screw out normally