PDA

View Full Version : O NOES - Sunroof won't close

Avalon Shotkicker
18-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey guys and girls,

I recently (today) got a new sunroof switch for my DC4, and while it opens the sunroof, it doesn't close it. At first, I thought it might just need to be lubricated, but I don't hear any noises from the sunroof motor, so I'm guessing the switch I bought was a dud.

I'm hoping it's not the switch, because wreckers don't stock parts for Integras here, and the closest wrecker is out in Sydney!!

Can someone please help me

Thank You
Avalon Shotkicker

androo
18-09-2010, 09:48 PM
That sucks... You probably already know this but just in case you don't (and it means you can still drive it in the rain) there is a tab just above the rear passenger's heads. Get a screw driver and turn it. This will manually close it the sunroof.

With regards to actually fixing the issue, unfortunately I don't know =(

Sm1l3y
18-09-2010, 09:53 PM
If that doesn't work, Glad Wrap...

Super-DA9
18-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Man, I feel your pain. I'm in canberra too and no one does hondas :(

I had to get my stuff from Honbits in sydney.

Avalon Shotkicker
19-09-2010, 11:04 PM
That sucks... You probably already know this but just in case you don't (and it means you can still drive it in the rain) there is a tab just above the rear passenger's heads. Get a screw driver and turn it. This will manually close it the sunroof.(
Unfortunately, Only half the manual came with the car, and the problem solving chapter (which included manually closing it) was missing. Thanks for the help!! I closed it with that method (I took out the tab and used the included sunroof crank.

Man, I feel your pain. I'm in canberra too and no one does hondas :(

I had to get my stuff from Honbits in sydney.

True, especially when your friends with Excels, Commodores and Falcons can get parts from everywhere!!

I bought the switch from Honbits, and they should expect a phone call from me this week!!