PDA

View Full Version : ITR Linkage

Limbo
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if the ITR shift linkage is actually lighter than the EK4 vtir linkage? Just thinking about getting some but couldn't be bother changing them if they are the same weight cos the VTIR ones seem pretty good currently with just a short-shifter.:cool:

I already know they will fit but i've seen the ek linkage and they are quite heavy. Any help would be appreciated

ATSE
06-01-2005, 10:41 PM
What do u mean by the weight? The Type R Linkage + Bushings is more "precise" and "accurate" when shifting... thats the only difference.

hondar
06-01-2005, 11:38 PM
What do u mean by the weight? The Type R Linkage + Bushings is more "precise" and "accurate" when shifting... thats the only difference.
you are right... more firm feeling.. i

Limbo
07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Hondar do you know if they are lighter? would be good to have a lighter shift linkage that's all

ATSE
07-01-2005, 12:41 PM
But why lighter? U doing weight reduction or somthing???

Limbo
07-01-2005, 05:52 PM
will be later on but i just wanna keep the options open

Muckafutha
07-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I havent weighed them before but i have used my hands to compare the weight. The ITR shift linkage(including shifter and whole assembly, bushings etc) is thicker yet lighter than the ek4 one.

type one
07-01-2005, 07:16 PM
I havent weighed them before but i have used my hands to compare the weight. The ITR shift linkage(including shifter and whole assembly, bushings etc) is thicker yet lighter than the ek4 one.
that would be my expectation - but i just didn't want to say it.

Limbo
07-01-2005, 08:38 PM
okay thanks guys will have to put out a wanted sign

hondar
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Hondar do you know if they are lighter? would be good to have a lighter shift linkage that's all

i dont know actually, i dont see the reason to have a light shift linkage?

at the end of the day you want to shift quick and accurate, in a race it is crucial, you dont want to mishift or you dont know on which gear you are on now... lol...

it is definetely better than the stock shifter judging by those who has tried them.. i mean the best way is drive an itr and see if you can feel any different.

Muckafutha
07-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Im no expert so I dont know how honda managed it but the fact is it is lighter. Just because it is lighter doesnt mean it won't improve the shifting. Having had it installed in my EM1 i can say from personal experience that the shifting is very positive and firm. Having installed it myself, i can say that it is lighter.

Limbo
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks mate