PDA

View Full Version : Red Stickered - Clearance below 100mm (Changing Springs)

notJDM
20-09-2010, 03:54 PM
If I got red stickered for clearance below 100mm.
Currently on cut springs, bought the car like that.

I am thinking of getting new springs maybe 2 inch drop?
Will that pass? Keep in mind I have 14'' rims.
Or do I have to change it to stock springs?

mugen_ctr
20-09-2010, 04:07 PM
change the springs to stock, after clearing the defect, swap to lowered springs

notJDM
20-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Cheers.

How much does it usually cost if you bring springs to the shop and tell them to change it for ya?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-09-2010, 04:39 PM
lol, Pm Bennjamin, he can do it for you, it'll be cheaper then a shop and he is a pro at it.

VT3C
20-09-2010, 04:40 PM
ohh gawd.. PLEASE do a search on DIY spring installation.. then u just need a $20 spring compressor, a jack and a couple of sockets :P otherwise it will cost you a couple of hundred i'd say for a workshop to do an install of springs alone.. it's more time consuming to do a spring swap than a whole set of coilovers..

notJDM
20-09-2010, 04:45 PM
@SHOGUNOVDDRK: Cheers for the help.

@VT3C: Not everyone knows how to change and put on springs correctly and safely. I'm just scared on something going wrong as I have no experience or knowledge with springs.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-09-2010, 04:48 PM
ohh gawd.. PLEASE do a search on DIY spring installation.. then u just need a $20 spring compressor, a jack and a couple of sockets :P otherwise it will cost you a couple of hundred i'd say for a workshop to do an install of springs alone.. it's more time consuming to do a spring swap than a whole set of coilovers..

Let him watch Ben, he will know for the future atleast.

TheSaint
20-09-2010, 05:50 PM
@SHOGUNOVDDRK: Cheers for the help.

@VT3C: Not everyone knows how to change and put on springs correctly and safely. I'm just scared on something going wrong as I have no experience or knowledge with springs.

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
without you by my side
But I spent so many nights
thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
I learned how to carry on
and so you're back
from outer space...............

i was worried about doing it at first as well - but it really isnt that hard lol - just time consuming and dirty =)