PDA

View Full Version : Burning smell

ekay1
21-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Hey guys, i recently got this sort of burning smell coming from the rear ride side of the car towards the exhaust/wheels and the engine bay. I got an injen cai, however, the engine smells like something rubbery is burning =( i'm not 100% of the exact spot of the smell. I dont thrash the car or anything or brake heavily and yet this smell continues to come up. should i take it to the mechanic or has anyone have any answers? Thanks!

shadou
21-09-2010, 02:27 AM
check ur exhaust for any signs of plastic getting burnt onto it, usually bags get stuck onto your exhaust and hence the smell. however it may be something else as well.

SajadEG
21-09-2010, 02:53 AM
melting plastic under ur car will have a distinct smell

mikey72
21-09-2010, 04:16 AM
check ur exhaust for any signs of plastic getting burnt onto it, usually bags get stuck onto your exhaust and hence the smell. however it may be something else as well.

+1, there are so many places for a plastic shopping back to get caught on an exhaust. Check this, jack the back of the car up and just do a visual inspection (Y)

ekay1
21-09-2010, 12:06 PM
melting plastic under ur car will have a distinct smell

+1, there are so many places for a plastic shopping back to get caught on an exhaust. Check this, jack the back of the car up and just do a visual inspection (Y)

I just opened the bonnet and found that the radiator/headers area infront of the engine ( not 100%, doesnt look like headers but is where it should be ), is very hot upon driving. Thanks guys, ill check it out asap and see how it goes. Hopefully everythings good.

Samm928
21-09-2010, 01:13 PM
make sure your car isnt overheating. :)

na-118
21-09-2010, 01:43 PM
cars too low hitting splash guards LOL

mnc
21-09-2010, 03:22 PM
- oil leak onto hot exhaust while driving.

- Brake fluid leak in one of the brake lines leaking onto the exhaust.

- Exhaust leak.

Just do a thorough inspection before you take it to the mechanics.

Can save you a few bucks for maccas or something =]

ekay1
21-09-2010, 04:08 PM
make sure your car isnt overheating. :)
The oil temp seems to be fine, just when i pop the bonnet, heats ceased in that area near the radiator.

cars too low hitting splash guards LOL

My car is on stock springs, so its hard for me to hit the ground =P

- oil leak onto hot exhaust while driving.

- Brake fluid leak in one of the brake lines leaking onto the exhaust.

- Exhaust leak.

Just do a thorough inspection before you take it to the mechanics.

Can save you a few bucks for maccas or something =]

May i ask how to check these?

mnc
21-09-2010, 08:52 PM
take off your wheel, check your suspension/brakes and brake lines for leakage. (do it on a dry day).

Open up hood. check for signs of oil leaks etc and go form there.

Keep us up to date with clear pictures and the community of OH will do it's best to help a fellow member out =]

ekay1
21-09-2010, 10:13 PM
take off your wheel, check your suspension/brakes and brake lines for leakage. (do it on a dry day).

Open up hood. check for signs of oil leaks etc and go form there.

Keep us up to date with clear pictures and the community of OH will do it's best to help a fellow member out =]

^ thanks mate, ill check everything tomorrow and tell you hope it goes! cheers man!