PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro Base Unit problem

tanjimh
22-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi All, all of a sudden since last night I am getting "err" message coming up on the stock Audio unit of my Accord Euro 2003. I couldn't eject or load any disk. The red light underneath the unit kept on blinking.
The radio works fine.
I took it to a Honda dealer, and they said they would replace the whole unit for 600$ as they don't repair them.
I called north field car sound and they said they will charge 80$ just to do a quote and it might cost upto 600$ to repair :mad: .

Can I get some advise on this please. Will be much appreciated.

Thanks

ICACHA
22-09-2010, 07:31 PM
sounds like your in QLD (put your location in your profile).

look up Nams Electronics in Marrickville NSW, they repair Honda units. ask them what its gonna be worth.

tanjimh
22-09-2010, 09:27 PM
yes, I am based in Brisbane. Today one of the car audio guys advised me to reset the audio by turning on the head light, disconnecting the negative end of the battery, reconnecting it and turning off the head light just to check if it reset the audio system. I did that. Now the radio works fine but the cd player is not responding. If I press the CD/AUX button nothing happens or I press the mode button on the steering it changes between AM/FM mode. It does not switch to CD mode. Do I need to do anything with the CD unit once I reset the car battery?

ICACHA
23-09-2010, 09:16 AM
im not a tech.

easier fix would be to put an aftermarket unit down below where your other pockets sits. should be less than $600 if its about the money :)

ICACHA
23-09-2010, 09:17 AM
if you want to go down the path of repair, here you go... http://www.nam.net.au/

tanjimh
23-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info Mate. I bought a re-manufactured one from ebay for 290$, and I can trade-in mine for 50$.
Now I just need to find a guide to remove and remount my dash.

ICACHA
23-09-2010, 03:31 PM
take it to a store and have it done. much easier to pay a little than to pay a lot if you damage something.

www.audioexpress.com.au Chris is up there in QLD.