PDA

View Full Version : Engine help!!!!!

mr fiddler
23-09-2010, 02:12 PM
hey guys,
I'm hoping someone else has had this problem before so you can point me in the right direction for my 94 del sol :D

i have been slowly trying to get better performance outta my sol and like working on any car have run into some head aches! LOL my current one is im getting a weird fan sounding noise when the clutch is out, im paranoid that its something serious and I wana fix it asap if it needs to be done so, apparantly the guy that i bought it off said that it had been converted to a hydraulic clutch but theres no fluid distributor for it, so i kinda dont believe him, he also said that there was other things on the car that simply AREN'T there so im trying to bring my baby in order and get her ass jdm! the mysterious noise seems to disapear when you push the clutch in and after noticing it, thats where i found it kinda sounds like a fan.
Also when i start my car up and drive it a round and let it warm up, it wont hit vtec at all for a lil while, any ideas!?!?!?!??!1

cheers for all ur assistance boys!
peace

thaizeg
23-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Clutch sound seems like a bearing noise. Relatively cheap to get another bearing unless u can do it yourself it can cost 200-300 for labour to replace the bearing.
Sometimes it's best to replace your clutch depending on it's condition while you are at it to save you spending on labour the next time round.

In regards to the vtec issue make sure u have enough oil and it gets to correct pressure. Maybe have a look at your vtec solenoid to see if it's operating correctly.

ECU-MAN
23-09-2010, 05:20 PM
sounds like ISB to me

dougie_504
23-09-2010, 05:48 PM
^

99% sure

Input shaft bearing