PDA

View Full Version : CRX Del Sol suspension

BOXXXR
23-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey guys, I have a really bad squeaky sound coming from the front end. I have been told that it is my shock. Just wondering if EG shocks fit, seeing as I'll have to replace it. I would buy coilovers but atm I am doing it tough for coin.

Just seeing what I can do about it and possibly the cheapest way to get out of it for now.

Cheers. :)

sxmachine
24-09-2010, 06:57 AM
yeh mate there the same shock you can use the eg one

sinseven
24-09-2010, 08:35 AM
yeah as above it will be all good if you use eg shocks

drgtr
24-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I had a bad squeak on my Del Sol too from the front end. Was not the shocks. Double check the two bolts from the wish bones on the "strut tower" The Strut towers on the hondas are weak and crack.

When you have any cracks in the shell or chassis they squeak.

BOXXXR
24-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I had a bad squeak on my Del Sol too from the front end. Was not the shocks. Double check the two bolts from the wish bones on the "strut tower" The Strut towers on the hondas are weak and crack.

When you have any cracks in the shell or chassis they squeak.

Will check it out. Thanks mate. How did you get that repaired?

Just wondering if both front & back EG coilovers fit?

drgtr
24-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Panel beaters. They weld and just paint over that section. Not too hard.

dc292177917
25-09-2010, 04:25 AM
DC2R factory sussy + LCA would help it a bit if u wanna upgrade it to coilover later
they're a tad bit stiffer and drops a bit of height, most important is they are pretty affordable

mr fiddler
19-10-2010, 02:45 PM
the eg shocks are a nice quick fix and they are relatively easy to replace urself with a mate or two...

GenesisEG
19-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I got a set of suspension from my EG. Got no idea of brand or anything, but it's lower than stock. Would be happy to get rid of it cheap to make some space in my garage.

If you're interested, PM me. I'm in Sydney.