PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows

Sisyphus
24-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Gudday

Passenger side leccy window on civic wont go up or down. Regulator and motor fine, switches reconditioned. Looks like current goes to the switch but the window does not move.

Still no luck from master or passenger door switch. Window works intermittently but is very unreliable.

Does anyone know what the problem may be? Is there a relay system in the 1995 civic EK4 VTi-R? Has anyone had a wiring fault with this model?

thanks - any help would be good.

Dave

EK1.6LCIV
24-09-2010, 07:03 PM
what has been touched in your car, they dont just stop working

fuse perhaps

Sisyphus
24-09-2010, 08:02 PM
nuthin touched. Just stopped working ages ago and doing something about it now. Fuse is OK.

thanks nyway.

mugen_ctr
24-09-2010, 08:21 PM
window may have fallen off its rail... its common problem with them, try an take off the trim an see if it has, chances are its a simple solution to that, just undo some bolts to loosen the rail enough to fit the window back into the rails

PGB
24-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Power windows shouldnt have a relay to my knowledge. Did it work after your "reconditioned" the switches?
If you havent touched anything. Mabye just check everything is plugged in. Motors, switches, plugs for door looms and even the back of the fuse box. Then try a healthy dose of contact cleaner if there is no problems with the wiring.

Sounds like a switch fault to me though.

Sisyphus
24-09-2010, 08:32 PM
it's all pulled down. I have the motor and the regulator on the front seat and attached to the switch. Not the rail.
Not the fuse (replaced with new fuse)
Not the motor (tested)
Not the regulator (looked at by a leccy window reseller who siad it was good)
Might still be the reco switches (reconditioned by an electrition with a metre, soldering iron etc.)
Might still be broken wiring (unless there is a relay in these cars it's all that's left).

thanks dude

Sisyphus
24-09-2010, 08:35 PM
yeah PGB I am lenaing towards reconditioned switches still cactus. Next trick is to get some new / working switches and see if they do the job.

~Sp33~
24-09-2010, 11:35 PM
yeah PGB I am lenaing towards reconditioned switches still cactus. Next trick is to get some new / working switches and see if they do the job.

They're not hard to come by.

Sisyphus
17-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Well I know it has been a while on this thread but thought I should update in case anyone ever has the same problem. It turns out that the wires running from the battery to a connector in the drivers side door (it sits in a white plastic housing in the door) were broken. The problem was intermittent because sometimes the broken wire would go back into the plug i.e. when the door was open in a particular angle and create a circuit. The central locking wire was also broken. Re soldered the wires into the connector pins and now the window and central locking work. Thanks for the help.

ericl33
17-01-2012, 08:42 AM
love happy endings

JPR28610
17-01-2012, 08:22 PM
congrats