PDA

View Full Version : GPS Aerial Mounted Outside??

richard_k
24-09-2010, 10:28 PM
hey guys

just wondering whether it's safe to have the gps aerial from a pioneer avic-f310BT mounted on bonnet. The guys from wow ran it through to the engine bay and mounted it on the corner of my bonnet. Will it be safe against rain etc?

biee2
27-09-2010, 02:18 AM
hey guys

just wondering whether it's safe to have the gps aerial from a pioneer avic-f310BT mounted on bonnet. The guys from wow ran it through to the engine bay and mounted it on the corner of my bonnet. Will it be safe against rain etc?

i have the same unit in my car.....i pulled out the centre vent cover and mounted it right in between the 2 vents and then replaced the cover. i have also had mine for more than a year and its working fine

richard_k
27-09-2010, 05:12 PM
oh ok yeah i should do that. so do you reckon it'll be safe outisde the car?

richard_k
27-09-2010, 05:28 PM
also do you use your ipod through it? cause i do and the base is distorted heaps. Do you know how to fix it?

biee2
30-09-2010, 09:17 PM
i dont kno if its safe or not in the outside the car as water and heat expecialli when you mentioned it sitting under the bonnet. the antenna is lik a small cube and its plastic so yeah not sure how much it can withstand but i stalled it where the vents are and at first i was scared the heat from comming out form the vents is to hot for it but it seems to be fine.....as for the sound quality, its not that great.....im actualli annoyed with the sound quality so will be seeing new speakers in the car when i get the cash......hoping the speakers and amp will improve sound quality.

richard_k
30-09-2010, 09:21 PM
yeah exactly i might put it where you have it aye :D
haha i noticed the bass was abit shit but i adjusted it and it seems alright.
i'm buying a CAI, coilovers and new rims v soon so new speakers will have to wait for me ):