PDA

View Full Version : CD5 CD stacker

glazewolf
26-09-2010, 01:49 PM
!!!!!

Troy
27-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Sounds like a dead stacker :thumbsup:

Did this start happening recently? Has it always done this? Have you made any sound system changes lately? Is the tape holding it up strong enough to secure it against excess movement?

Another line of thought... how many discs have you tested? Have you tested these discs in another known-good system?

ICACHA
28-09-2010, 08:05 PM
should be moved to the ICE section.

there are 2 brands that ever went into the CD5. alpine and kenwood. you need to work out which you have and send it in for repairs. you cannot buy something today to replace it and repair is your only option unless you want to change the headunit.

Troy
28-09-2010, 10:47 PM
You know I totally forgot about that... when I bought my CD5 it had a stacker in the boot but it also was dead. It was bolted properly to the roof inside the boot, not taped on!

I pulled it off and chucked it out, replaced the tape deck with a Super Cheap Auto sale special! Sony CD/MP3 deck for like $120, does all I need it to do. The original wiring is still there just obviously not connected to anything.

Troy
28-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah I was there early one morning checking out the decks... and this chick comes up to me (haha it never happens) and says that the decks are going on sale tomorrow, new catalog is coming out! So I'm like sweet, I'll see ya tomorrow!

Just keep checking and grab the runout models, it's still new and warrantied and all, just not the "latest and greatest".

Troy
29-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Yep plenty of knowledge around these forums, if you get stuck just ask away (search first!). Obviously in the ICE forum for this kind of stuff.