PDA

View Full Version : Car starts then stalls...

Super-DA9
26-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Ugh. Here's another problem thats ever so kindly popped up out of nowhere amongst the other things I already have to fix..

Sometimes when I go for a decent drive and then turn the car off, and come back and start it again (for example, just needed to run inside to get something, so turned off for a short period of time) it starts, and then slowly loses idle and dies, then is very difficult to start again, just keeps cranking without start, unless I wait a few minutes then try again.

Keep in mind this doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes. This has never happened the whole time I've had the car until a few days ago, and has happened once more since then.

Could this have something to do with the recent change of seasons and the weather heating up? Maybe a temperamental thing, but something has to be the cause of it nonetheless.

I changed the fuel filter and ignition coil recently too so it's not a clogged filter or loss of spark.

Any help would be seriously appreciated as my car is doing my head in with all it's problems that are popping up all at once, it's like the cars got f**king PMS.

Easy rep here for anyone with useful ideas :)

thanks...

SajadEG
26-09-2010, 11:55 PM
have you noticed any weird things on your cluster while driving...like pointers dropping off or idle bouncing

ECU-MAN
27-09-2010, 12:23 AM
sounds like Main PGMFI Relay

Super-DA9
27-09-2010, 12:56 AM
nah nothing weird on the cluster while driving, all is fine.

thanks ECU-MAN I'll look into that. +1 rep

all ideas welcome

Nuci
27-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Its not the alternator / battery is it? When youre driving the alternator is keeping the battery topped up, but when you stop the car the battery doesnt hold charge so its unable to kick over when u start it again. Sounds simple but probably worth checking mate.

Super-DA9
27-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah thanks for the suggestion but the battery is fine :)

asshat
27-09-2010, 09:31 PM
maybe check the throttle body, it might need some WD40 and cleaning

Super-DA9
30-09-2010, 07:56 PM
It seems I've fixed it. Re-soldered all the points in the PGMFI Main Relay and she hasn't stalled since. anyway we'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

Thread Closed.