PDA

View Full Version : Remove entire roof

s2kjn
28-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any useful threads on how to remove the entire frame of the roof, not just the vinyl cover. Re-installation links would be useful too!

Much Appreciated:angel:

tiksie
28-09-2010, 05:42 PM
There were not too many pics to show or taken. The ones that were of importance were the ones that involved removing all the plastic trim in the roof well area. It was difficult to position the body in such a way to get hands into the back to unclip and remove everything that taking a camera to it was just not possible.

In anycase. The simple flow is as follows:

1. Remove seats.

2. Remove plastic trim (door sills, rear corner plastic, rear plastic).

3. Remove center console to get to the screws holding down the glove box.

4. Remove the trunk liners and the spare wheel to get to some clips holding down the rear plastic roof well trays.

5. Now remove all the roof well plastic pieces by unclipping the plastic body clips (this has to be done with the soft top in the 'up' position.

6. Once roof well plastics are removed, put the soft top in the 'down' position. Reove the glove box organizer.

7. Now remove the roll hoops.

8. You should now have access to the soft top assembly and motors. Unplug all soft top electrical clips.

9. Raise the top by hand and remove the 8 or 10 bolts holding the rear of the top down to the rear of the car.

10. Lower the top. Now remove the 4 bolts on each side holding the soft top frame to the chassis of the car.

11. Before lifting the assembly out of the car, make sure the soft top sides have been separated from the folds of rubber seal around the rear of the roof well.

12. Have a helper lift the assembly straight out.

13. Now have fun reassembling the plastic liner pieces back into place.

I'll try and find some pics to post up. BTW, all that I've typed is from memory from work on my car that I did this past December. It may not be very accurate.

hmmmmm

aznsiko
28-09-2010, 11:28 PM
sorry no links or sites but personal experience.. you gotta remove part of you chassis which is held by bolts next to the roll hoops on each side.. then remove motor and frame will come out with the lot...

s2kjn
29-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks guys. I guess that the pics would help alot. Might give the manual a go with the steps above provided!