PDA

View Full Version : Hole under fuel cap

aimre
08-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Behing the fuel door, under the petrol cap there is a little hole on my EG civic.

where exactly does it lead and whats it there for???:confused::confused:

thnx:wave::wave::D

bennjamin
08-01-2005, 01:56 AM
you mean the small , 1cm across hole - in the actual body ?
I had a look at mine too - and it looks to be just a escape route to prevent excess fuel sitting in the lip. it leads directly out thru the inner guard , into the rear wheel arch...

OR maybe not.

Dr4g0n
08-01-2005, 06:23 AM
nah you're right ben..if you spill too much petrol in the hole, you can see it come out on top of the rear wheel. make sure to rinse out the hole and your tyre if this happens...

aimre
08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
OK. coz i was worried cos i got petrol on the body so i closed the lid and wass gonna pur water in that area but noticed the whole and didnt know where it went (water in fuel tank = not to good... duh) so i wiped it with wet tissues :)

SPEEDCORE
08-01-2005, 04:59 PM
*NODS* Just put the fuel filler lid back on before throwing water at it and you'll be right.

aimre
08-01-2005, 11:30 PM
*NODS* Just put the fuel filler lid back on before throwing water at it and you'll be right.

i hope ppl havent needed ur advice

Dr4g0n
09-01-2005, 04:40 AM
what the hell you on about aimre? that's the logical thing to do...screw the cap back on, pour sh!tload of water into the filler area to get rid of spilt petrol...

what sounds wrong about that?

aimre
09-01-2005, 08:32 AM
what the hell you on about aimre? that's the logical thing to do...screw the cap back on, pour sh!tload of water into the filler area to get rid of spilt petrol...

what sounds wrong about that?
I know u gotta put the filler cap back on... what i ment is that i hope no one has done that without putting it back on...

The reason i asked in the first place was bcoz i had no idea where the hole just below the filler cap went and i didnt want to pour water down there b4 i knew where it went.

sorry if i my posts were misunderstood :rolleyes: