PDA

View Full Version : difference between accord and euro..

accordingly flash
08-01-2005, 12:36 PM
besides looks wot are the differences and why have both models.

yfin
08-01-2005, 01:36 PM
besides looks wot are the differences and why have both models.
One is made in Thailand, the other is made in Japan. Enough of a difference for me not to look at the Accord V6.

albii
08-01-2005, 02:07 PM
too true it looks like someones grandfathers car ....plus the 2.4 in the accord has 118kw as opposed to 140kw in the euro, plus it doesn't offer the 6 speed manual.

Slugoid
08-01-2005, 03:02 PM
The Accord is US designed and Thai built, and it's the standard Accord in the US and China too.

The Accord Euro is the Jap designed and made, and it's the standard Accord in Japan and UK. Also called the Acura TSX in the US.

I've sat in both of them, and interior wise it looks the same but somehow the Accord seems to be not pretty well built compared to the Euro. It's a tad heavier than the luxury Euro too. From the reviews I've read, the Accord is a good car, but not as refined as the Euro.

albii
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
i have to disagree as the accord is very refined even more than the euro due to softer suspension and so forth.the euro is more of a drivers car with a more raw feel to it as the accord is more of a tourer. i drove both and to me the accord is an older persons car.

bigdongers
08-01-2005, 03:41 PM
The Accord is a bigger car and this is most noticable in the rear. I would consider it more a widebody Accord whereas the Euro is the mid sized sedan. Kinda like how Toyota had a standard Camry and wide body Camry a few years ago.

The Accord is more suited to older drivers who have owned previous generation Accords or are moving from a Camry, Falcon or Commodore. The Euro is for the slightly younger crowd who want a more sporting drive.

albii
08-01-2005, 03:46 PM
well said bigdongers ..

stephen8512
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
The Accord is more suited to older drivers who have owned previous generation Accords or are moving from a Camry, Falcon or Commodore. The Euro is for the slightly younger crowd who want a more sporting drive.

very true! ^^

accordingly flash
08-01-2005, 05:30 PM
i gotta say the euro is drop dead sexy,but the front end of the accord looks like a dropped curry pie..

EuroAccord13
09-01-2005, 11:18 PM
The US Designed Thai Built Accord reads LUXURY all over! It's got bigger interior space too and the V6 goes quite fast too.. Faster than a Manual Euro...

Interior fittment between both cars are the same to the last lining...

I've actually seen a kid driving one of those Accords.. but maybe it's his dad's car or something? heheheheheh...

MiSloVic
10-01-2005, 12:58 PM
the accord recently had its price dropped quite noticeably... it is now $30k for the 2.4 and $36k for the V6.. very attractive pricing. me taking a closer look at the accord. :)