PDA

View Full Version : get a type r head or do up origanl head?????

papie
03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
hi all
need advice on what to do i have a integra vtir now i can get a b16a type r head but would i be better of doing up my origanall head of my motor i have all ready bought typer cams spoon head gasket but really need to know wether to spend the money on buyeing the type r head or port polish valve springs and better valves in my origanle head?
what will give me the best power for my money?

thanks

bennjamin
03-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Dood for one - a CTR or civic type R comes with a B16B vtec engine - so u really mean a " b16b type R head". Second , im not exactly sure what you are asking , so ill put it like this -

I understand that swapping a B16a /b head onto a b18c CAN increase flow and efficinecy somewhat , due to the better inlet and outlet ports and more aggressive cams - BUT simply swapping would not be enough - you would have to perform other mods such as port and polish , advance timing etc etc to get the best out of the head.

Im no pro at VTEC - but i would be spending my money on a good set of cams , port and poilsh , even a head gasket to increase compression alittle more , adjustable cam gears....even new b series ( ITR) pistons etc. And ofcourse , a new piggyback or stand alone computer to handle these goodies.

Then once its all together , pay sum dood for dyno time and to tune it properly - and u will have a fast lil package.

But dont stop with wat i say ! There are heaps of more knowledgeable doods on this site ;)

Good luck , Ben

ALLMTR
03-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Whilst a B16a head flows a BIT better it aint worth the hassle IMHO

You will also lose a little compression (about 0.2)

What engine management are you running???

papie
03-12-2003, 09:22 PM
its all standard