PDA

View Full Version : issues...idling related

.::F[L]Y::.
08-01-2005, 05:32 PM
hi guys/girls.

just got a quick question in regards to a 99 model civic coupe VTIR em1. I have just encounted this problem with my car today as i was driving to work. My car was idling weird today, as in when im slowing down to stop at the lights the revs drop to close to 0-100rpm then jumps back up to normal idling abt 800rpm. Furthermore feels like the car is idling rougher and is abit sluggish. Also when i go to start the car it doesnt sound like it starts up the same as usual, meaning when i turn the key the revs normally blip up to abt 1500-2000rpm then drops but now it seems like it jus blips upto 1000rpm then drops to idle.

i have come to the conclusion of three possible problems
-POD filter puncture
-air sensor is messed up
-stepper motor ( but the revs dont jump when im driving only when im going to stop)

well anyways i have tried to provide as much detail as i can so has anyone had this kinda problem?

cheers

fly:rolleyes:

08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
anyone??

karbonphyber
08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
er...... i think it's 500rpm. not 100rpm. pls count the lines! =o)

standard should be 750rpm deviation of 50rpm.

maybe you should get someone to check. =o)

if the throttle is sluggish, that might be another point of consideration.

all the best =o)

Nuttz
08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
one of your sensors could be cloged... I think its in the throttle body... the IACV..
I dunno.. :P

bennjamin
08-01-2005, 10:53 PM
do a search for my IACV clean for starters....try this if u can and see if it helps. Is the filter dirty or old ? Do you need to change your oil ?

08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
oil has been done 2000km ago so its still good.

filter is good as well

i think its a sensor problem as well now after reading around. Wat is the IACV? is that the the seonsor coming off the intake pipe? or is that the one on top of the TB?

well i will try and reset ecu in the morning...

its weird how things can suddenly jus fail hehe

HRV-80Y
08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
easiet solution...clean ur throttle body fly !! mine jumped from like 1000k to 1500k jus jumpin up n down cleand throttle body n all sweet....

come honda garage n ill clean it for ya haha

LORYDA
09-01-2005, 10:43 AM
FLY - I completely relate to your problem... I have been havin this shit go on for a while but have frankly been too lazy to invesstigate the root of the problem. I got a 97 coupe.. would appreciate if anyone could provide any avenues here

Limbo
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
did one of your sensor plug fall out of your CAI? Make sure all plugs have not come loose, check if you hear any air leaking from you throttle body, and also the above suggestions, also might wanna reset your ECU that might help.

09-01-2005, 05:05 PM
problem has been fixed i think :) :) thanks MRJDM hehe

basically the throttle body needed abit of a clean...now it runs smoothly as hrv-boy suggested.

well other problems which COULD have contributed could be faulty air sensor, map sensor or some other sensor...

i havnt reset the ecu as yet but will soon to make sure everything is running sweet :)