PDA

View Full Version : Hasport bits for my b18c7 into ED6

xtnsevolution
04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Afternoon Gents,
Im about to do a buy up of Hasport bits for my engine swap and just wanted conformation that what I'm intending to buy is what i actually need.

Plan is to throw my B18c7 with the LSD and hydro box into my 88 ED6.

So far I'm certain i need:
- B series Mounts for 88- 91 civic with hydro box
- shafts

Parts I'm not so sure about are:
- 88-91 Civic/CRX B-Series Rear Engine Bracket
- Shift linkages ( Will the standard DC2R shift linkage and shifter work? )

Other questions I have are
- Will the dc2 A/C compressor fit or will I need to ditch it in favor for my standard ED one?
- Is it possible to retain my standard interior harness and use the b18c7 engine harness, I realise some plugs will have to be changed etc but is it rather straight forward to link the 2 harnesses up or a total head f**k?

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Christian.

Webby_roller
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Subscribing to this one... will be doing the same thing at the end of the year... If you dont like useing the cable to hydro clutch kit, you can try this "SONEM EF bolt-in hydraulic clutch conversion" it allows the use of a full hydro mater cylinder to be used :)

xtnsevolution
05-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Will i need it if i have all the dc2r bits ? i have the whole integra not just the engine.

Webby_roller
06-10-2010, 01:00 PM
You will need some way of transfering the cable energy into the hydro clutch... lots and lots of research man... thats all you can do...

bennjamin
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
You should use everything from a ef8 or ef9 - as in the b series mounts for your ps pump , ac pump etc. You can easily custom fit a clutch pedal and hardline off a later ek , dc or Eg ! Then route the hardline similar and mount the master cylinder in line on the firewall.

cotties
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
For the rear engine bracket u can use one out of a da teg much easier to find
For shift linkage you can ether use your stock one and get it cut down shorter or get a hasport one
Pretty sure the dc2 won't fit
As for wiring there's a million ways of doing it
Easyest and cheapest is to buy a obd0 to obd1/2 (depending on what ecu you have) conversion harness which has all the nessisary extra wires for vtec and diffrent o2 sensor
Idd sugest getting the kit from rywire in the states
All dealings I've had have been good with them

As for drive shafts idd sugest just going to local cv shop much easier and cheaper and better quality to