PDA

View Full Version : 60,000 Service Cost

crazyray
06-10-2010, 09:42 AM
hey all

just wondering how much people paid for it.

2008 Accord Euro.

thanks

already done a search and nothing came up :wave:

john23
06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
+1
Got this coming up in the next few months, best to be informed! ;)
Mine's a 2006 Lux, but should roughly be the same i'm guessing

Type R Positive
07-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Next one for me is the 60k one. It is a bit more than the minor service.
I get my car serviced at k-mart here in Darwin. The Honda wankers wanted $370 for the 50k minor service......

john23
07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
But you get free cocoa at Honda!!! ;)

Thought it'd be something around the $400 mark again for the 60000km

My situation's a bit different though actually... When I went to buy the car from my local Honda, found out that the 50,000km service wasn't done yet... and it had done 55,000km!!
Had to barter with them for 3 hours until finally they agreed to do the service at cost price for me: $120... so yes they make quite the profit!!!!

Neesmo31
07-10-2010, 10:21 AM
If you get your services done through them expect to pay.... my 100km service on my old dc2r was like 1500....

I was soooooooo surprised about the EURO service. There is really bugger all you have to do to them. Compared to the patrol service that i will have to do from now on, euros are a walk in the park.

racerwannabe
07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Just get it done at a reputable mechanic. It'll be way cheaper and they performance the same service anyway.
I use to take mine to a honda dealer for servicing until they scratched the paint in a few places when they washed i presume. Just because its a dealer doesnt mean they will take better care of your car. They are just like any other mechanic except with a honda uniform on.

power_of_dreams
07-10-2010, 12:26 PM
curious to know as well, i'm on 58,000 and this will be my last service with them as my warranty is up at the turn of the year.

Euro08Jaz
07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
59,996 so yes I would also like to know

Neesmo31
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Also how bout you give honda 1 simple phone call? They will be able to tell you staight up - pending there isnt anything more that they have to do on the day if something is stuffed.

power_of_dreams
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
^^^

It's always nice to know what people have paid in the past so we know we arn't getting ripped off, especially if its the same dealer.

Type R Positive
07-10-2010, 05:10 PM
If you get your services done through them expect to pay.... my 100km service on my old dc2r was like 1500....

I was soooooooo surprised about the EURO service. There is really bugger all you have to do to them. Compared to the patrol service that i will have to do from now on, euros are a walk in the park.Tell me about it! They got a list an arm long that they do to my Prado! With the euro, last service was change the oil. No filter or anything else, just oil.......

Type R Positive
07-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Just called Darwin Honda, $390 for 60k service. CU2 manual.

power_of_dreams
07-10-2010, 05:29 PM
wouldn't expect it to be that expensive for the cl9 though.

had a quick look at the service guide.
you can save a bit of money by:
buying aftermarket pollen filter so they don't slog you.
bringing your own oil.

and, I think they change air filter as well, so if you have an aftermarket intake or a k&n you won't need that.

otherwise it's just brake fluid change and oil filter change as well as all the normal checks.

Neesmo31
08-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Everything i have ever done to my dc2r was all genuine parts. This is the dillema though, you do the services yourself - and you miss out on that all mighty stamp in the service book. For a Euro with 60000 on the clock i would take it to the dealer, get them to stamp it as much as it pains you. I would rather do every bit of work on my cars myself (which i did do with my DC2R) but i kept every receipt. There was thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of maintenance done on that car.

My mentality is do your logbook through a dealership until 100,000 then do your own from there (just for resale reasons). Keep every receipt, and if you do your own work - do it right. I have lost count of how many oil filters i have taken off other peoples cars that i need to put a screwdriver throught them just to get them off. All of my cars that i do the filter just spins off nicely in your hands. Simple shit like that, even doing spark plugs, never crack them hot or even warm in an alloy head. Do it dead cold.

Things to remember - use antiseize everywhere, torque things properly, follow the instructions, take your time, perform the job safely and double check everything you do.

ricsvtr
08-10-2010, 10:58 AM
I got quoted -
$495
$469
$470

from three separate Honda dealers in WA.

Euro08Jaz
26-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I just got quoted 480 from rolfe honda in canberra

shmivic
26-10-2010, 05:25 PM
From memory my 60k service was around $550, although i asked for a new fuel filter to be fitted aswell.
Prestige honda in Perth W.A

Im due for the 70k now, i dont have a clue yet on how much it will cost though once its done ill post it up on here

power_of_dreams
15-11-2010, 12:36 PM
been quoted 460-470 range.

take off 80 if you dont want pollen filter swapped

oh_lol
16-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Would you guys recommend going to a workshop/mechanic other than Honda?

I have my 120k km coming up

Brian.Ferreri
16-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Hey All,

My situation is a bit different so I am after some advice. I have a late 06 lux manual. I bought second hand from a Honda Dealer in mid 09. The car was not really used by the previous owner as he travelled a lot overseas for work and as such the next service listed is the 24 month/31000km service. The car has only done about 27,000 and the service is listed as this month. When I bought the car I got an additional 3 year warranty added so the car effectively has 2.5 years of warranty left. Last time I took it to honda they told me i needed a neww battery, $150, (Half Price after warranty so $75), a polin filter $120, and wiper blades, $70. So, I told them not to do any of it, and as a result, the battery is still going strong with no hessitation at start-up, the wiper blades seem ok to me but i will replace after summer, and I bought the polin filter from Autobarn for less than half that price and changed it as it was getting pretty dirty.

My question is, if i go back to Honda (different dealer of course) should I be looking at the 24 month service, or some combination of 24 month and later. Also, where can I take the car so as not to kill the warranty?

Thanks,

Brian

Euro808
17-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi All,

Cheapest quote i got so far is from Robert Lane for $375 Plus $84 if the pollen filter is required.
John Blair charges $ 527 bucks ...LOL

Have you guys tried Abundant Auto Services in Mitcham? Their prieces are very reasonable and they do a good job too :)

power_of_dreams
17-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi All,

Cheapest quote i got so far is from Robert Lane for $375 Plus $84 if the pollen filter is required.
John Blair charges $ 527 bucks ...LOL

Have you guys tried Abundant Auto Services in Mitcham? Their prieces are very reasonable and they do a good job too :)

wtf.
I got quoted $467 full service from robert lane, then minus $84 for the pollen filter = $383

oh_lol
18-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Would you guys recommend going to a workshop/mechanic other than Honda?

I have my 120k km coming up

No one know??

Danzvtil
18-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey All,

My situation is a bit different so I am after some advice. I have a late 06 lux manual. I bought second hand from a Honda Dealer in mid 09. The car was not really used by the previous owner as he travelled a lot overseas for work and as such the next service listed is the 24 month/31000km service. The car has only done about 27,000 and the service is listed as this month. When I bought the car I got an additional 3 year warranty added so the car effectively has 2.5 years of warranty left. Last time I took it to honda they told me i needed a neww battery, $150, (Half Price after warranty so $75), a polin filter $120, and wiper blades, $70. So, I told them not to do any of it, and as a result, the battery is still going strong with no hessitation at start-up, the wiper blades seem ok to me but i will replace after summer, and I bought the polin filter from Autobarn for less than half that price and changed it as it was getting pretty dirty.

My question is, if i go back to Honda (different dealer of course) should I be looking at the 24 month service, or some combination of 24 month and later. Also, where can I take the car so as not to kill the warranty?

Thanks,

Brian

Manufacturers warranty can not be voided by servicing at a non honda dealer.All you have to ensure is that your mechanic is reputable and equivalent or better spec oils and parts are used( note not genuine). Some dealers STILL spin the your wty is void crap if you dont service it here blah,blah,blah.Threaten ACCC action if they do.
Ignore the above if you have an aftermarket warranty-they could specify exactly where to service it.
Also, your local dealer may be easier to deal with if a waranty claim is made and your car has their service stamps in the book.

Euro08Jaz
19-11-2010, 04:59 AM
And I believe if you service else where the chance of good will repairs are much less after warranty.

Neesmo31
14-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Update - for a 70kms service, the ONLY thing they do is change the oil. They dont even do the oil filter!

Have a guess how much these lads want JUST to change the oil (and "inspect" everything else)

$220 - unbelievable. I will be doing that one myself.

For that price I will be changing oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant flush + all the inspections they would have done myself.

buddah51au
14-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I always get my car serviced at Buddah's Service Centre, very cheap rates. The only time it has been to Honda was for the first service & the Software Update.

05accordeuro
14-04-2011, 03:38 PM
look up http://www.fixedpricecarservice.com.au

thats where I organise my services :)

MR_LATE
14-04-2011, 10:26 PM

WHOA thats crazy prices

3URO
11-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Bump.

I'm due for a 60k service on my '05 Euro. I got it in January this year from a friend barely drove it as he was out of the country most the time.

Now I've got a few quotes from NRMA who are asking for $315 and MIDAS for $215. I've read on the forum that you are able to take your own oil and filter. Both the NRMA at North Parra and the MIDAS in Parra use Valvoline semi synthetic 10w-30 and valvoline oil filter as well.

Does anyone have experience with MIDAS OR NRMA? and will the 10w-30 be alright for the car?

Cheers

tony1234
11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Bump.

I'm due for a 60k service on my '05 Euro. I got it in January this year from a friend barely drove it as he was out of the country most the time.

Now I've got a few quotes from NRMA who are asking for $315 and MIDAS for $215. I've read on the forum that you are able to take your own oil and filter. Both the NRMA at North Parra and the MIDAS in Parra use Valvoline semi synthetic 10w-30 and valvoline oil filter as well.

Does anyone have experience with MIDAS OR NRMA? and will the 10w-30 be alright for the car?

Cheers
Both are franchises so depends on who owns it.

Black Euro
12-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Bump.

Cheers

If I was you i would go to Honda and get their oil and oil filter and take it your local mechanic, well that's what I do.
Works out cheaper. :)

3URO
14-07-2012, 05:51 PM
If I was you i would go to Honda and get their oil and oil filter and take it your local mechanic, well that's what I do.
Works out cheaper. :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking about doing as well. But both places have said they only use their own stuff. I can't bring my own oil and filter and besides old man doesn't want to take it to any random mechanic.

Black Euro
16-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking about doing as well. But both places have said they only use their own stuff. I can't bring my own oil and filter and besides old man doesn't want to take it to any random mechanic.

oh fair enough, I'm not sure about how other people on this forum feel, but i always use honda oil and oil filter and i have been doing that since i had my prelude....:honda:

aaronng
16-07-2012, 02:54 PM
oh fair enough, I'm not sure about how other people on this forum feel, but i always use honda oil and oil filter and i have been doing that since i had my prelude....:honda:
Honda oil filters yes. But Honda oil is not the best. It is just regular mineral oil made by Caltex.

Avs
27-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi guys

I just replaced the pollen filter in my V6L accord 2008, as there wasnt one in my car I am unsure if I put it in the right way up, I have the softer part facing up, is this correct? The other side is the plasticky side?

Thank you

azn_k3nt
27-10-2012, 06:05 PM
OTR or MJ for service in Westall/Springvale area for me...I'm currently running on motul from OTR but going to give martini oil a chance. Major service is coming up in the next 15,000km for me and got quoted $300 but really depends on what really get done... :)

stndrd
27-10-2012, 06:38 PM
If you need servicing done, I can arrange a time to come out onsite after hours or on a weekend

Fredoops
28-10-2012, 09:17 PM
If you need servicing done, I can arrange a time to come out onsite after hours or on a weekend

Had mine done at Sleeping, highly recommended!

ChaosMaster
01-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Asked Astoria Honda a while back for a rough estimate of cost during my 20k km service. ~$350 for minor and ~$500 for major. Been servicing my car myself ever since.

by-life
11-12-2012, 06:45 PM

It is good resource:

Called one mechanic, quote over than the website.

cend0l
11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
I got a $460 quote for a 40K km service? Reasonable?

Fredoops
11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I got a $460 quote for a 40K km service? Reasonable?

no?

What is needed to be done?

cend0l
12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
no?

What is needed to be done?

The standard major 40000k service..valve clearance and all that crap

Fredoops
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Job details
Make: Honda
Carline: Accord 2.4 Euro Auto 08-
Service: 40K 24Mth Service
Est Time: 3 Hour(s)

Job instructions
Replace engine oil
Replace engine oil filter.
Replace dust and pollen filter

Inspect valve clearances.
Inspect all drive belts.
Inspect front and rear brakes.
Inspect parking brake adjustment.
Inspect headlight alignment.
Check all fluid levels and condition of fluid.
Check headlight,tail,indicator,reverse & brake light operation.
Inspect parking brake adjustment.
Inspect headlight alignment.
Check all fluid levels and condition of fluid.
Check headlight,tail,indicator,reverse & brake light operation.
Visually inspect tie rod ends, steering gearbox and boots.
Visually inspect suspension components.
Visually inspect driveshaft boots.
Visually inspect brake hoses & lines including abs.
Visually inspect exhaust system.
Visually inspect fuel tank, lines and connections.
Test drive vehicle (check all systems and controls).
Inspect tyre condition and rotate tyres.

Parts
Oil filter c - 1 piece(s)
Element filt - 1 piece(s)
Washerdrain - 1 piece(s)
Engine oil - 4.2 litres

That's what's needed to be done.

Note the thing says INSPECT valve clearance, doesn't mean they'll do it.
You'd be suprised how many times workshop don't do the clearance and charge you anyway

I recken it's no more than $400 worth of work from a dealer, because valve clearance is only a $120 job (I got it done separately), the rest is just a normal service plus an air filter (which they might not even replace), which dealers should not charge more than $250

Ps: Hondas gonna try to rip you blind for the air filter, up to $75 iirc, I got an honda OEM airfilter shipped from the states via eBay for less than $30...

stndrd
13-12-2012, 12:14 AM
At 40,000km the valve clearances will be fine (unless you can noticeably hear a tappet noise).

If you are in Melbourne and are after a competitive alternative, drop me a PM

Fredoops
13-12-2012, 12:21 AM
At 40,000km the valve clearances will be fine (unless you can noticeably hear a tappet noise).

Nothing beats actually seeing the wok being done in front of you.

buddah51au
13-12-2012, 10:01 AM

There is no tappet noise if they are tight

BigBen
13-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Hahaha inspect valve clearance, you think they'll even open up the valve cover? Unless you stand there and watch them check the clearances.

So they charge you 3 hours of labour to change the oil.

As per Fredoops recommendation, I would do a tranny flush at the same time or earlier.

buddah51au
14-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Hahaha inspect valve clearance, you think they'll even open up the valve cover? Unless you stand there and watch them check the clearances.

So they charge you 3 hours of labour to change the oil.

As per Fredoops recommendation, I would do a tranny flush at the same time or earlier.

Thats why i do all my own servicing, everything is done properly. When I check the valve clearance on my 08 CU2, all the exhaust valves were tight.

dougie_504
14-12-2012, 12:06 PM
There is no tappet noise if they are tight

Pretty sure that's what stndrd was alluding to?

And yeah I doubt they'd bother opening it up to check properly. Just have a listen. Best done DIY like you do, safest option and not a hard job anyway.

GAZOOM
14-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Just got mine done for 60,000km. Cost me $770 from my local mechanic. Got rear brake pads changed

cend0l
24-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Was that a valve clearance adjustment or just an inspection that blew away your $120?