PDA

View Full Version : Help! Car will not start ?! On my eg vti !! **********

JDM-EGG
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
hey guys , got a problem with my car , just turned my car on the other day, it was on for like 5 seconds and then just turned off b y itself and tried starting it again and it wont start.. just to forward everything its not having any spark at all , so i thought it was the dizzy , changed that over and still no spark ? checked all fuses and etc and it all seems to be all be okay.

any help would be appreciated !

cheeers

its is a EG VTI D16 single cam vtec

KLR-16A
06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
could be ur timing????

JDM-EGG
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
as in timing belt ? need more info bro

AE092
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Check your coilpack if it's getting any signal, that or your leads but doubtful as you say you are not getting any spark

na-118
06-10-2010, 04:52 PM
how did you check that your not getting any spark, remove sparklead and earthed it?
is the fuel pump clicking

you need a timing light to check your timing, if you replaced your dizzy without timing it you just retarded the timing,
instead of replacing the dizzy straight away, should've checked the plugs, re gapped them. get a multimetre and check resistance on leads
how's the battery
hows the fuel
any previous electrical faults in regards to hard starts or anything? prior to this

bennjamin
06-10-2010, 08:09 PM
if it started then stalled its most likely the ignition coil or igniter unit failed. More so since its not sparking.

Stop trying to start it and replace the ignition coil - see if that gets it started.

JDM-EGG
06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
if it started then stalled its most likely the ignition coil or igniter unit failed. More so since its not sparking.

Stop trying to start it and replace the ignition coil - see if that gets it started.

hey ban thanks for the help but ive already changed over with another dizzy and still no good ? what do u reckon.. 2 mechanics came to look at it

one mechanic changed over to another dizzy , no good.
and the other did test to the electrical , and said it could be the ECU or somewhere has gone wrong from the wiring loom , maybe loose plug, or faulty cables ?? he said he has to take the wiring loom apart and look ? could this be the problem as i know his gonna rip me off.

cheers guys

deezy
12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
same thing happened to my car man my timin belt skipped its teeth and snapped my sparkplug :( that could be the problem?? or maybe fuel pump.. my mate was driving b4 in his eg vti then all of a sudden it turned off he changed the fuel pump and it was all good.
gimme ur bbs wheels :P

VTec1987
12-10-2010, 04:54 PM
car fixed?

JDM-EGG
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
car fixed?

nopes :(

NA-tastic
12-10-2010, 06:14 PM
does the sound of the engine turning over sound like a little different from usual?

JDM-EGG
12-10-2010, 06:23 PM
nopes, sounds normal .. just has no spark

apparently mechanic says it could be a problem in the loom or the ECU ?

can this be a problem ?

SajadEG
12-10-2010, 06:24 PM
hey guys , got a problem with my car , just turned my car on the other day, it was on for like 5 seconds and then just turned off b y itself and tried starting it again and it wont start.. just to forward everything its not having any spark at all , so i thought it was the dizzy , changed that over and still no spark ? checked all fuses and etc and it all seems to be all be okay.

any help would be appreciated !

cheeers

its is a EG VTI D16 single cam vtec

does it start then shut off, if so its ur ignition switch as ben said
i had this problem a few weeks ago

JDM-EGG
12-10-2010, 06:38 PM
no car does not start at all

JDM-EGG
12-10-2010, 06:39 PM
no does not start ..

i have changed the WHOLE DIZZY and the problem is still the same so must be the wiring loom or ecu like the mechanic said , can this be a problem ?

onlykillzz
12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
work you way through things to check, is there power getting to the dizzy ? if not go back again is there power going to the main relay? (common problem with honda's) also can you hear the fuel pump prime ? if not that would tell me it could be ECU related, also have you done any modes lately?

lycan
12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
work you way through things to check, is there power getting to the dizzy ? if not go back again is there power going to the main relay? (common problem with honda's) also can you hear the fuel pump prime ? if not that would tell me it could be ECU related, also have you done any modes lately?

Yup i agree with onlykillzz, dont too quick judge the problem. I thingk the ecu is the last chance before that you must following the system. Make sure the input and the power was supply to disstributor. One more thing do you change whole distributtor including the coil?

JDM-EGG
12-10-2010, 07:07 PM
well my mechanic said my relay (under the dash) is not working thats why fuel is not priming cause of my alarm system ?
and yes mechanic has tested power going to dizzy and there is.. so thats why he said there was a problem with wiring loom or ecu.

where is the main relay located ?

CAR is fully stock and untouched .. just decided to turn off when i started it off and not start anymore :(

my mechanic said that the alarm is wired to the relay to cut off the fuel , could this be a problem ? my mechanic said this is bad for the ecu and relay

VTec1987
12-10-2010, 10:26 PM
do you have a alarm?

VTec1987
12-10-2010, 10:26 PM
don't let the mechanic milk ur bum.... pm ill hook u up with a good price...

jdm_b16a
13-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Check the ECU - open the case and check it has not been damaged/zapped (this was my problem and I changed the EFI Relay and dizzy at least half a dozen times)

Check the Main EFI Relay, located next to the under-dash fuse box (at your right knee).

The Civic FSM goes through the steps to check if the Relay is functioning correctly. You check for PWR, Fuel Pump, and IGN.

Peter

JDM-EGG
01-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Check the ECU - open the case and check it has not been damaged/zapped (this was my problem and I changed the EFI Relay and dizzy at least half a dozen times)

Check the Main EFI Relay, located next to the under-dash fuse box (at your right knee).

The Civic FSM goes through the steps to check if the Relay is functioning correctly. You check for PWR, Fuel Pump, and IGN.

Peter

thanks for the help , but the ecu was the problem

as i bought a cheap one form another member slapped it on and worked straight away!

cheers everyone for the help

Lukey
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
what was wrong with the ecu?