PDA

View Full Version : ClubRSX Race Header - Experiences?

Nuci
07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey all,

Just looking through ClubRSX, and saw that theyve made their own race header for the k20. What do people know about them? From the reviews ive read theyre pretty good. and only about 450 plus shipping from the states. Is this too good to be true? And whats peoples experiences buying through ClubRSX? Is it just a matter of placing an order for an item and they ship to to your door? Or have i got to arrange my own postage?

Any help would be great. Cheers.

muzukashi
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I've had them on my car for a few months now no complaints very good indeed great change from OEM and gives a very nice roar i'd recommend these if your looking into them unless you can fork out the extra to get the todas but these are indeed bang for buck,

I think they were previously called Kiddracing headers but ClubRSX has since then turned it into their own product because of the success or something along those lines not too sure correct me if i'm wrong,

shipping that from clubrsx will cost alot more ontop of the 450 last time i looked they wanted quite alot to have those headers shipped to aus unless its changed lol

overall the shipping price might throw you off abit but if you can find it for a reasonable amount shipped to aus then should be all good the headers themselves are very nicely made, goodluck champ have any other questions just ask :)

p33r
07-10-2010, 04:46 PM
i've been seriously looking into getting these headers too. i don't think you need to change the sway bar but it is cat delete so I believe you have to find merge a cat with the header to be roadworthy. someone correct me if i'm wrong. Also anyone recommend any places to get a cat fitted and what kind of cat?

heard these are the most bang for buck headers, just need to find out on shipping price and method. Does anyone know if the extras they offer are necessary? (spring bolts, angled cel)

muzukashi
07-10-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm currently running OEM sway and everything sits fine as for the cat i ran a XForce cat welded with a flexi to fill up the gap that it will produce, get it done at Hakan he is familiar with this setup and knows what his doing in general he'll most likely whack on the xforce and flexi aswell,

As for the necessity of the add-ons the spring bolts you should probably get those as you wouldn't want shit to be rattling or become loose overtime as for the angled cel not too sure if that will play a big role but if you got the extra cash might aswell get it done do it once do it right haha

LANCEEG
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
The aus $ is strong against the us$ so buying from the us now could save u heaps..

TypeS
07-10-2010, 04:56 PM
It is an excellent header, manufactured by a company called Private Label, and exported through entities such as KiddRacing and ClubRSX.

Great power, good fitment, and without the requirement of changing sway bars, makes it the best bang for buck header, for the DC5.

p33r
07-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm currently running OEM sway and everything sits fine as for the cat i ran a XForce cat welded with a flexi to fill up the gap that it will produce, get it done at Hakan he is familiar with this setup and knows what his doing in general he'll most likely whack on the xforce and flexi aswell,

As for the necessity of the add-ons the spring bolts you should probably get those as you wouldn't want shit to be rattling or become loose overtime as for the angled cel not too sure if that will play a big role but if you got the extra cash might aswell get it done do it once do it right haha

Thanks brother, what's the point of getting the spring bolts? and the angled cel is to prevent the engine light coming on right?
where's Hakan? Cheer

muzukashi
07-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks brother, what's the point of getting the spring bolts? and the angled cel is to prevent the engine light coming on right?
where's Hakan? Cheer

They tighten and lock each of the pieces of the header together because i think of head the header came in 3 pieces un-assembled without them the only thing holding the whole header together is just the force you used to join up the pieces when you first get it, its still pretty tight but you'd rather have the spring bolts on it for that piece of mind because exhausts do get very hot and can rattle/shake due to bumps and shit lol

Hakan owns performance exhaust in northmead they are pretty known and recommended for exhaust jobs if you do a search im pretty sure you'll come up with some info but just some basic info his at 23-25 Windsor Rd, Northmead NSW right next to Parra CBD

Nuci
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Well originally I planned on buying the Toda headers and had budgeted for them. But if i can save myself $800 bucks (I got a postage quote, $550, ouch) by buying these ClubRSX ones, I can spend the leftover cash elsewhere. Does anyone have any dyno charts of cars using these headers? And how do they stack up against the Toda headers?

Cheers.

p33r
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
holy shit you got quoted $550 just for postage? or all up? is that pre-assembled or something cuz i would think in parts postage would be lower. im checking the given shipping in their checkout section and next day air is about $140. don't know if that's the real price though.

and thanks muzukashi, Northmead is pretty close so i'll definitely give check them out. A few more questions, how does it sound with the stock exhaust, any difference in tone? and i'm thinking of changing to aftermarket later, would there be any fitment issues with hks catback exhausts?
Cheers

muzukashi
08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
holy shit you got quoted $550 just for postage? or all up? is that pre-assembled or something cuz i would think in parts postage would be lower. im checking the given shipping in their checkout section and next day air is about $140. don't know if that's the real price though.

and thanks muzukashi, Northmead is pretty close so i'll definitely give check them out. A few more questions, how does it sound with the stock exhaust, any difference in tone? and i'm thinking of changing to aftermarket later, would there be any fitment issues with hks catback exhausts?
Cheers

i think if you go through ClubRSX all up its going to be about $600ish, dont worry about that pre-assembled shit i think its pointless cause anyone can assemble it just takes abit of common sense and 10 minutes of jamming it together haha dont worry though Hakan knows how to do it anyway should you get him to install it for you,

The exhaust note did change for me sounds alot better, it probably will not be as noticeable with OEM exhaust but should give you more grunt and sound better then the stock note, though i've got it paired with a Fujitsubo catback it made mine sound great gives it a more aggressive tone, very quiet between 1-3k rpm 3-4k it starts to roar and anything above 5k is just a loud mother f**ker

mrntegra
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
we should do a group buy if there that good... Dyno charts?????

WATAJK
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
whats the power gain from this header though...
Ive heard comptech is decent for it's price...
Also T1R headers are apparently decent aswell...
Don't know the comparison to Toda Headers though

Nuci
08-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah p33r you were right I was looking at the wrong quote lol. $140 shipping, so $595 all up including spring bolts and angled CEL. Would definately be keen in a group buy. But it is a cat delete header, so it wouldnt exactly be legal... Unless youre prepared to have a cat welded into it. Theres also a risk of exhaust leaks from where the header is pieced together. Ive heard you should use some sort of sealant. It also says that theyre out of stock until October 7, which was yesterday, so probably worth checking that theyre back in stock before ordering. Plenty of good deals on there while the dollar is strong. Theyre predicting it to reach up to 103 cents!!! Imagine the savings!!!

And +1 for dyno chart.

mrntegra
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
if not these headers, maybe can we do a group buy on another??????? or any other parts people are after while the dollar is strong!

THEEYA
08-10-2010, 09:47 PM
should throw up the idea on clubitr, they've done group buys successfully in the past.

WATAJK
08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah but whats actually the gain of the ClubRSX header though.... Rather group buy on TODA Headers if it's not a great improvement...

Nuci
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd be up for a group buy on toda headers too, they were the ones I was going to go with originally anyway. Reviews on clubrsx say they're great bang for buck, but I'll see if I can track down a dyno chart or some power figures

muzukashi
08-10-2010, 11:51 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/kidd_racing.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/BCRHvsKR.jpg

Not sure if this will help but this was a header comparison graph i came across when i was researching it before i brought them

Before i purchased this i was also after the Toda headers i'd assume toda would have better gains and overall be a better header being branded toda but the point being is the price difference worth the extra gains from clubrsx header --> toda header in reality on a N/A car the power difference will be very minimal/un-noticeable but that's my opinion

just ask yourself this, if your after every kw gain you can attain and track your car regularly and cash isn't a problem then go the toda, if your cars a daily/weekend and just after abit more power and have a budget then get the clubrsx headers

in the end they are both very good headers either way you will be getting yourself a nice treat :thumbsup:

p33r
09-10-2010, 03:09 PM
i was initially looking at the toda header too before i came across these. at the end of the day i couldn't really justify spending so much for on just a daily/non track car. keeping in mind you'd have to change the sway bar as well meaning more $. agree with above post, toda do give the best gains but clubrsx would be for those like me who are not as rich and still want great gains, which is what i've heard for the clubrsx header. Then again i've had no personal experience, this is just from everyone who has compared them.

clubrsx headers are back in stock for those who want to know. http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CLU-SSRH.html

Definitely up for a group buy, anyone wanna get this organised?

FR33K
12-10-2010, 08:25 PM
+1 for interest :)

WATAJK
12-10-2010, 10:09 PM
+1 Toda Header Group buy...

Nuci
13-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Ok guys ive done a bit of research, sifted through over 40 pages of reviews on ClubRSX, and this is what ive found...

Basically the guys on ClubRSX compare these headers to the DC Sports race header. However they believe the CRSX one has a slightly better design resulting in better flow. This header is also designed to match the runner order with the cylinder firing order, which the DC header design doesnt do. Its a cat-delete header, so it will be quite loud when coupled with an aftermarket cat back. The header also comes disassembled, so you have to put it together when it arrives. Or ClubRSX can do it for you for a fee. Looks quite simple, yet ive heard of a few fitment issues that have arisen because the pipes haven't been put together properly. But if you use a bit of commonsense and patience youll be sweet. There are also a few concerns about slight exhaust leaks around the donut gasket. I would be hesitant to try weld/glue the runner pipes together, because the header has no flex pipe so it may crack. When you buy the header, you have the option of getting some spring bolts and and angled CEL defouler. Definately spend the extra $30 bucks, its worth it. There have also been a few cases of cars throwing up the check engine light (the orange one) even with the defouler. But these are quite rare, and apparently some steel wool in the O2 sensor fixes this. Because it is a cat-delete header, you'll probably be able to smell fuel when you're at the lights lol, but apparently its not that bad. You wont need to change the OEM sway bar as with the TODA header either. Dyno sheets Ive seen from a bog stock Type S with these headers as the only mod show around 190 whp. With a CAI and a decent cat back, you should see 220+ whp. Not bad for a header that is only 550 bucks. The way i see it, why spend an extra 2 grand on TODA headers for an extra few kw, when with that extra 2 grand you could get an intake manifold, throttle body, cold air intake, and still have leftover cash, and make more power than if you just had the TODA header.

Just my 2 cents. Ill be getting these :) Youtube 'kiddracing' if you want to hear how it sounds.

Cheers.

FR33K
13-10-2010, 09:46 PM
well done !! good effort !!

+1 for still interested :)

Nuci
13-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I can send clubrsx an email to see if they can work out a deal for a group buy. However they would have to all be shipped to the same place and I'm in Brisbane. If we did do a group buy then the money we saved from the group discount would probably have to be spent reposting it to everyone interstate (assuming I'm the only interested buyer from Brisbane). What do people think?

TODA AU
13-10-2010, 10:03 PM
+1 Toda Header Group buy...
I'll see what I can do... It's been a few years since the last one.
If there's enough interest... why not.

Send me your interest via pm & I'll start a thread.

WATAJK
13-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I'll see what I can do... It's been a few years since the last one.
If there's enough interest... why not.

Send me your interest via pm & I'll start a thread.

Will do Adrian will chuck you a PM now...
I saw the last one on ClubITR...
Pretty intense...

I think you should just wait and see what Adrian can do for prices before you jump ahead... ay?
....Ur going to end up buying headers twice.. i can see it already... >.>

p33r
14-10-2010, 09:41 PM
If Toda can organise a group buy soon, i'd definitely be interested to see what they can do first.. hopefully a lot cheaper since the exchange rate gone up so much. otherwise i'll probably settle for the clubrsx header.
Did you send clubrsx an email nuci? Maybe ask them if they can do anything about shipping in different locations for a group buy.. i duno

Nuci
15-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Ok I'm going to start a new thread for a group buy on the ClubRSX headers. I'll give it a week or so to see how much interest there is, and then I'll get onto ClubRSX with some details and see what they can do for us. From what I've read they're very good with customer service, so fingers crossed

FR33K
15-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Group buys are not allowed on Ozhonda, you'd had to organise it on ClubITR

WATAJK
15-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Group buys are not allowed on Ozhonda, you'd had to organise it on ClubITR

That's where Adrian will most likely post it so if you wanna just on it... it'll be there..
Adrian has done group buys before so shouldn't be too hard :)

muzukashi
15-10-2010, 10:36 AM
go for it guys no regrets on mine :)

p33r
16-10-2010, 02:05 AM
hey muzukashi,
what gains did you feel personally, did u dyno it? i was going through the clubrsx thread and one dude commented on barely any power increase before tuning. then again i think he had an itr so his stock header may have been less restrictive in the first place.
what kinda setup should i ask for from hakan, pretty much i want the most power i can get out of the cat while being road legal. was the setup u had with hi flow cat?
also im looking at fujitsubo exhausts now lol, do u have the powergetter? where did you source it from and how much?
cheers

muzukashi
16-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately i didn't dyno it before and after getting it but IMO i do feel a more aggressive pull and does sound alot more mean, on the actual dyno though on a N/A car i'd assume the gains wouldn't be much

hakan will probably give you the same setup as most others a flexi with xforce cat, yeh i have the hi flow cat on atm as for the FGK yeah i've got powergetter atm i got mine dirt cheap of a friend so thats a different story :)

p33r
16-10-2010, 03:55 PM
yeah i heard the 'feel' might just be more power being transferred to top end though. either way i'll probably get em.
i always drop by cabra, u wana sell your fuji pg to me? :p i wish

u wanna put up a group buy on clubitr Nuci? i'd put one up myself but i'd fail at getting it organised. otherwise i might just buy em soon.

mrntegra
16-10-2010, 04:35 PM
i reckon see what adrian can do for us first, if its not that great get these...

WATAJK
17-10-2010, 11:51 PM
EOI on ClubITR guys... please jump over there and show your interest please...
Put your name to the list

_bORdO_
18-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Did anything come of this?

bennjamin
18-11-2010, 10:08 AM
eBay it - kiddracing header. It's a ssr replica

I got two of these coming in from the us. Paid $750.00 USD for two , including shipping ! Heard decent things
About them. Just the seller ( vteckidd on Honda-tech , initial_Eg on eBay seller) is slow to communicate too well

_bORdO_
18-11-2010, 11:00 AM
cheappp... good work.
Initial_Eg you say - sweet as
thanks

p33r
18-11-2010, 07:32 PM
an EOI went up on clubitr but mods closed it down
doesn't look like toda is going to be doin a group buy anytime soon
yea the clubrsx product sells for much cheaper on ebay + cheaper shipping. bit worried about slow shipping times though

TODA AU
19-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Actually I will, I'm just flat out at the moment.
I'll try & have it up in the next 5 days.

p33r
19-11-2010, 11:05 AM
ah awesome
there were a lot of people interested

WATAJK
19-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah Adrian, please get it up :)
Very KEEN!