PDA

View Full Version : seat rails?

mugen_ctr
07-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Hey just wondering, do ek9 rails sit lower than ek1/ek4/ej8 ones? or slighty....

Id prefer to sit much lower than my current seats, as its too high, an hate the feeling of having to reach for the gear stick, an would prefer if i sat more inline with the gear stick... to make more sense, i like the feeling of sitting in my brothers S15, an would like that same feeling in my car lol

I hear vision super lows do the job, but others say its too low

Im around 5'7 give or take

kcokla
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
ever thought of a fastline shifter?

mugen_ctr
07-10-2010, 10:49 PM
short shifter is on the shopping list :)....
But wanna know what seating rails are out there an how low can they go

achet007
08-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I had EK9 rails put into my EK1 and they sit a bit higher for some reason, however I got replica SR3 so it depends on what seats you are putting in I guess... the stock seat were lower
It’s a better driving position imo tho... or maybe it’s just the bucket seats LOL

kcokla
08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
a fastline shifter is not a short shifter,
its actually an extension of about 30cm or so.

markismaximus
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
i like the feeling of sitting in my brothers S15, an would like that same feeling in my car lol

Its not likely you're ever going to get that feeling, your brothers S15 has a higher tunnel for the gearbox and gearstick. Most front wheel drives have the gearstick closer to the dash. just the way it is

Dc_II
08-10-2010, 01:32 PM
My replica brides sit lower than standard EK1 seats.
Im 5'11... but I dont seem to have a problem with height of the car or seat?

GenesisEG
08-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Get the Vision rails, and then get the Buddy Club B-Series shifter, the gooseneck one. It'll bring the knob closer to your hand in a resting position and you'll be sitting lower.

I'd like the Vision rails but I couldn't justify spending the money for something that I consider to be relatively minor compared to other items on my wishlist. I stuck with the stock DC2R rails when I bought my Recaros purely for financial reasons.

I have a friend that has some EK Vision rails (I think). Let me know if you're interested. They're brand new. He put the Recaros in, and then like a week later, bought a Sparco bucket and sold the Recaros to me.

mugen_ctr
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Its not likely you're ever going to get that feeling, your brothers S15 has a higher tunnel for the gearbox and gearstick. Most front wheel drives have the gearstick closer to the dash. just the way it is

Two different cars i know, one a pure sports car, an the other a cruise really, but id like the option to grab any gear with out having to reach over for the gear stick lol

Get the Vision rails, and then get the Buddy Club B-Series shifter, the gooseneck one. It'll bring the knob closer to your hand in a resting position and you'll be sitting lower.

I'd like the Vision rails but I couldn't justify spending the money for something that I consider to be relatively minor compared to other items on my wishlist. I stuck with the stock DC2R rails when I bought my Recaros purely for financial reasons.

I have a friend that has some EK Vision rails (I think). Let me know if you're interested. They're brand new. He put the Recaros in, and then like a week later, bought a Sparco bucket and sold the Recaros to me.

They are quite pricey an on the same boat with you, financial reason...., how low did they make the seating position? anything lower than oem position for me is a win...

mugen_ctr
08-10-2010, 05:24 PM
good to know :)