PDA

View Full Version : S2000 engine light hellppp

AXS
08-10-2010, 03:59 AM
hi guys i just serviced my car i used 5w40 engine oil and a ryco oil filter after 1hr of driving my engine light turned on i switch the car off it goes away then 30mins later its back on any ideas guys???

vyets
08-10-2010, 06:25 AM
No Idea mate.. there's no way for anyone to figure that out it could be anything what you have to do is give us a code and we can figure it out from there.

Under the driver side dash there's a plug that's pluged into nothing it should be blue or green I can't remember from the top of my head.

Get a pin and connect those 2 ends together to short circit it, turn the key and see how many times the CEL blinks, record the number and then let me know how many times it blinks.

Marst4r
08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
could be anything, but I had my lights come on and off few weeks ago... eventually my light came on permanently... my issue was with oxygen sensor dying.

vyets
08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
could be anything, but I had my lights come on and off few weeks ago... eventually my light came on permanently... my issue was with oxygen sensor dying.

yea that was my issue as well ;) o2 sensor broke caus my cat was farked and the mesh inside it kept moving back and foward and ended up breaking the tip off the o2 LOL!

AXS
08-10-2010, 11:58 PM
guys today while i was driving i seems to have a problem whenever i hit vtec it was like the car was struggling between 6000 & 7000 but after that seems fine will definetley let you guys know when i do the test tomorrow on the code

STAiN MASTER
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Take it to Honda or if you are in Sydney take it to Hanny's and get them to have a look at what the error code is, when the engine light comes on in the book it says not to rev it past 4000rpms.

Clio
09-10-2010, 06:09 PM
wouldn't put a ryco oil filter on my car

bbds
09-10-2010, 07:44 PM
wouldn't put a ryco oil filter on my car

and why not?

Clio
10-10-2010, 08:38 AM
For a consumable part like an oil filter I'd never be going a generic part designed for a spread of applications. There are product recalls, 'updated' filters (what was wrong/improved with the original part?). Also some generic filters don't have anti drain valves where the originals do, won't do an engine the world of good over time. For the sake of a few bucks more for a properly designed part on a car that costs many thousands of dollars it's a no brainer for me.

vyets
10-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I've used Ryco before :)

Anyway I came accross this diagram should help you get the code report back and we'll go from there.

http://s2000.byteserve.com.au/images/diagconn.jpg

AXS
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
thanks for all ur help guys i havent had anytime what so ever but monday morning its going to the workshop to get pluged up into the comp and hopefuly it will tell me whats wrong with it, any idea guys why the car seems to struggle when hitting vtec? seems like i lose more ower rathert then gain once vtec is ment to kick in

AXS
12-10-2010, 11:07 AM
NEED HELP BADLY GUYS I COULDNT MAKE I TO MY MECHnic today so i did the ecu est by my self and now the car will not start i get red but usally when ever i flik it over to reds i also get my engine light symbol showing but n ot it doesnt even show that so got the car towed to my mechanics show pluged it up to the comp NATHING came up would not pick up the ecu could this mean i have a blown ecu???

vyets
12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Checked your fuses?

AXS
12-10-2010, 04:29 PM
yeap all cheked there all good tryed removing then all one by one and pluging them back in still same problem could it be the regulator or ecu?

em1henry
17-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Dw I have the same problem with my s2k but I can get rid of it my restarting the motor each time. I reckon it something wrong with my ecu.

curtis265
17-06-2013, 07:36 PM
That is not a good way to deal with a CEL

VeYzZii
21-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Dw I have the same problem with my s2k but I can get rid of it my restarting the motor each time. I reckon it something wrong with my ecu.

I don't think the OP is still battling this CEL.. And as Curtis said.. Not a good way. Find out what the CEL is and fix it. Much easier

RenzokukenJ
22-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Did you start the car with the pins still connected to the ECU diagnosis cable

em1henry
25-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Took it to auto elect and the idle is all fixed, couldn't be bothered asking what was wrong as long as they fixed that. The only problem I have now is the check engine light turns on after about 4-5mins of driving.
I never done any diagnostics on it or shove anything in pins

curtis265
25-06-2013, 10:34 PM
It's worth finding out dude, just in case it's a precursor for a more expensive problem

but hey, it's your car - our advice doesn't need to be taken on bourd.

garett
26-06-2013, 08:35 PM
If your vtec feels sluggish and there is an engine light on after an oil change I'd suggest it has something to do with your oil system, possible the pickup or oil pump. Why you would try and take it to 6500rpm with the engine light on is probably not a good idea. I would have it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing.

em1henry
30-06-2013, 11:21 PM
so before the engine light goes on i can hit vtec fine to 9k but when the engine light goes on it goes into limp mode basically cuts out at 7-8k no vtec. Might just take it to honda, cos i recently changed fuel filter and i thought it got fixed but then when i got back home from that it went back on

VeYzZii
01-07-2013, 12:54 AM
My bets are on VTEC Solenoid. Can save yourself a pretty penny by just diagnosing it yourself, with your car and a paperclip.

em1henry
11-07-2013, 02:37 AM
i had time today and checked up on all fuses which came out fine. My next move was to check the VTEC solenoid like you said VeYzZii.
The service manual advises to take it off just incase its clogged and also push down on the centre ball. Ill get back with more answers once ive given it a shot.
But before anything i definitely will try paper clip thingo