PDA

View Full Version : airbags deployed :(

vti_boi
08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
last night i was driving with a full car and my car is already dumped to the floor . i drove over one of those middle lane triangle markers and it ripped my oil sump and deployed my airbags for no nessercary reason..i have just put a custom respray on my car and am very devo right now ... is there any point to try and fix it ... people keep telling me airbags cost over $2000 each i have an ej8 andf both have deployed..

does any one know of a good cheap place for airbags

any suggestions or help is appreciated :)

mugen_ctr
08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
just replace the oem steering wheel with a 2nd one that hasnt deployed... passenger side not sure lol.... id assume that u just replace the whole passenger airbag system with a new one same as steering wheel

twing
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
SRS ECU needs to be replaced as well.
Once airbags deployed, they are registered in the ECU.

mugen_ctr
08-10-2010, 09:47 AM
oh really, neva knew that.... i think in the user manual, says that u have to take it to dealership to reset it :S

grifty
08-10-2010, 09:49 AM
yeah u would probably need to replace the clockspring if the connector to the airbag has melted. so all up you need to replace the clockspring, airbag ecu, passenger airbag (if it deployed) and drivers airbag. i would also check for any damage to the cars body work from underneath.

quangsuke
08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
no point changing the air bags, just remove them. wont work unless the you reset the srs ecu.
+ to my understanding if any vehicles air bag goes off it is officially a write off *in the eyes of the insurer*

xtnsevolution
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
no point changing the air bags, just remove them. wont work unless the you reset the srs ecu.
+ to my understanding if any vehicles air bag goes off it is officially a write off *in the eyes of the insurer*

That may depend on the Insurer, My mates old DC2r ( My donor car lol) had about $10,000 rear end damage and the insurer was rather committed to repairing it. Lucky they didn't, otherwise i wouldn't have a new engine!

mugen_ctr
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
If thats the case, can u fight it? or atleast explain as to the situation, given that there is no damage with regards to the story told