PDA

View Full Version : Roof frame rattling

JamieP
08-10-2010, 10:25 AM
About a month ago my roof frame started rattling when ever I took a corner hard. When I corner, I hear this sound that sounds like metal on metal that travels from one side of the frame structure to the other side as I corner as if something is inside of it rolling back and forth. It doesnt sound heavy enough to be a bolt and it sounds like theirs multiple small bits of metal in there going back and forth and it can get quite annoying after a while. I also cant figure out how to stop it without taking the whole roof off to shake it out.

Has anybody else ever had this problem? its driving me nuts!

STAiN MASTER
08-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Have your roof elastic straps been replaced? why I ask is, when you drill the rivet to change the straps the rivets can go inside the frame.

zhong
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
^^^ What he said, it might have been a broken clip or something, or a pin.. If it annoys you that much, drill a hole big enough for a nozzle, connect the nozzle to a gap filler and squirt a bunch in there.. That'll fix it up and give you a bit of sturdyness.. If you use them foam ones, it's light-weight too. :p

STAiN MASTER
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Drill a hole on both sides of the frame and take a few left, right corners and watch em fall out.

JamieP
08-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I think you could be right actually because when I got my roof replaced they replaced the elastic straps as well because my old ones were demolished and Ive been hearing the noise from about a month afterwards. I might try drilling a hole somwhere that its not too obveous and see if that works. Thanks mate

Engin09
08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Lol i had the same thing!, theres the end of a pop rivet in there!!!!! , take off the cap and corner to one side you took of the cap and itll come out!!! It anoyed me for like 2 weeks when i first got the car ><