PDA

View Full Version : DC2 5 seater???

talha.k
09-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Are there any DC2 Integras that have 5 seats?.. On carsales.com.au they're all labeled as 2 door 5 seat, but the pictures show 4 seats. I've read something about a DC2, saying that some person installed a seat belt in the middle and registered it that way.. Would that be possible?

Bulbasaur
09-10-2010, 12:21 AM
wow... i feel sorry for the 5th person who's going to sit in your dc2 lol

talha.k
09-10-2010, 12:31 AM
well i don't have a DC2. :D And I still have a year to get my P's. :D But I want to get a DC2 when I get them and a 4 seater car wouldn't be enough for me... Actually it would, but I think there will be times where i need a total of 5 people in my car. :D People in the back seat might get squashed up a bit but I don't think I will need to carry 3 passengers in the back seat every time I drive... But I'm pretty sure I will need 3 people at the back at times. :D

DC2-PWR
09-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Anymore than 4 people in a DC2 Integra, is illegal.

talha.k
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Sure about that? because, as i've said, I've read something about a DC2, saying that some person installed a seat belt in the middle and registered it, which is legal. But i dont know if it's true...

Vvvtec
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Sure about that? because, as i've said, I've read something about a DC2, saying that some person installed a seat belt in the middle and registered it, which is legal. But i dont know if it's true...

It's hard enough fitting one person in the back of a DC2 bro, good luck getting three in there unless your all midgets.

Tai
09-10-2010, 01:23 PM

You read something about some person but you dont know if its true...

*facepalm*

Sice you are on your Ps aren't you restricted to how many passengers you can have in your car?

act_gooner
09-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Why would you need more than 1 passenger anyway? If you all need to travel together take someone elses car. Trust me, getting people in and out of the back of a dc2 is annoying and its squishy as a mofo back there.

THEEYA
09-10-2010, 01:37 PM
You read something about some person but you dont know if its true...

*facepalm*

Sice you are on your Ps aren't you restricted to how many passengers you can have in your car?

Thinks he's still on his ls

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

talha.k
09-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes I'm still on my L's as I've said. But I'm allowed to have as many family members as I want in my car with my P's right? (within the seating capacity of course) And I have a large family, so I will need the 5 seats at times. I don't think the 5th seat will be used too much, but I just want to know if I'm allowed to install a seatbelt in the middle and register it that way... As I've said, I don't think the middle seat will be used every time, I'm just quite sure that there will be times where 4 other people will have to sit in my car. :)
Hope to get an answer to my question: Is it possible to install a 5th seat belt and register the car without any problems?

nwa111
09-10-2010, 01:49 PM
true that putting people in the back seat is the worse mostly when their tall soo they need feet room and it makes u squish more forward , when your on your red p's your restricted to 1 after eleven but when your on your greens theirs nor restrictions at anytime ..

DreadAngel
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Unless you're lucky enough to find a DB8 Integra-R, 4 seater only buddy...

riruiz_88
09-10-2010, 02:03 PM
DC2 is not for you, find another car that suits your needs

talha.k
09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm not saying I'll definitely buy something with 5 seats. I just asked if a 5th seatbelt could be installed or not.

Vvvtec
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not saying I'll definitely buy something with 5 seats. I just asked if a 5th seatbelt could be installed or not.

No mate, it only has 4 seats.

Bulbasaur
09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
maybe if you find a 4 door integra import

act_gooner
09-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Trust me, you do not even want more than 1 passenger in this car.

Giraffe
09-10-2010, 03:10 PM
lol why you guys giving him negative comments on his question, with out actually helping him.

yes you can , you can add another seat belt across and get it mod plated, not sure on the exact specification but it must be full welded on the chasis, etc to make it more firm

talha.k
09-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Trust me, you do not even want more than 1 passenger in this car.

LOL! :D

maybe if you find a 4 door integra import

They look so ugly.. Especially the back. :D I'd prefer 4 seats rather than 4 doors...

lol why you guys giving him negative comments on his question, with out actually helping him.

yes you can , you can add another seat belt across and get it mod plated, not sure on the exact specification but it must be full welded on the chasis, etc to make it more firm
I'll do more research on that. Thanks a lot. :)

Thanks guys. :) With your help, I understand how pointless it is to install an extra seatbelt. :D But still, If I'm allowed to do that, I will.. But first, I need to get my P's then the DC2. :D

Super-DA9
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Good luck to getting your P's and I'm glad you're choosing a DC2, it's a very enjoyable car. Problem here is that even if you install another seatbelt there isn't a middle seat. You might be able to replace the back seats with DB8 ones? maybe it's a direct fit? Not sure if it's got that middle seat belt but i think the middle bit is flatter and not so much of a bulge.

talha.k
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Good luck to getting your P's and I'm glad you're choosing a DC2, it's a very enjoyable car. Problem here is that even if you install another seatbelt there isn't a middle seat. You might be able to replace the back seats with DB8 ones? maybe it's a direct fit? Not sure if it's got that middle seat belt but i think the middle bit is flatter and not so much of a bulge.

Thats actually a good idea. :)

I have another question. Is there a big difference between EG back seats and DC2 back seats?... I'm not thinking of replacing the DC2's seats with the Eg's but I've never been in a DC2, I just wanna compare it with Eg's back seats.

DC2-PWR
09-10-2010, 06:56 PM

I own a DC2 and it is registerd as a 4 seated vehicle. Maybe it was the older type Integras, the LS?

Can you please post where you read that DC2 was a 5 seater?
Thanks

Thats actually a good idea. :)

I have another question. Is there a big difference between EG back seats and DC2 back seats?... I'm not thinking of replacing the DC2's seats with the Eg's but I've never been in a DC2, I just wanna compare it with Eg's back seats.

Both of the seats aren't that good, DC2 ones feel alright under the skin and looks better. However DC2R seats are the go :)

talha.k
09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh, I just realised it was in this forum. :D I had seen it before i signed up for this forum perhaps...
Here's the link: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?118394-5-seater-dc2&p=2431034&viewfull=1#post2431034

vtecing
14-10-2010, 06:34 PM
ive had two dc2rs and both have been registered as 5 seaters

talha.k
14-10-2010, 07:05 PM
ive had two dc2rs and both have been registered as 5 seaters

That's very good to know. :) Thanks for the good news. :)

DC2-PWR
14-10-2010, 07:08 PM
That's very good to know. :) Thanks for the good news. :)

If you look at carsales, all the DC2's I've read so far says 2 door coupe 5 seats,

wtf

talha.k
14-10-2010, 10:09 PM
If you look at carsales, all the DC2's I've read so far says 2 door coupe 5 seats,

wtf

Yes that's what I've mentioned. :D But when you look at the pics, you only see 4 seats. So, carsales.com.au Failed!!!!

geeang
15-10-2010, 12:55 AM
FYI - as a P-plater you can't drive a car with any mods that require a mod plate/engineering, so if it does require engineering then you won't be able to do it.

duckey
15-10-2010, 02:08 AM
yes you can make it a 5 seater. however there will be weight restrictions for the person sittin in the middle. will need an engineering certificate.

talha.k
15-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks alot guys. :)

act_gooner
15-10-2010, 03:34 PM
yes you can make it a 5 seater. however there will be weight restrictions for the person sittin in the middle. will need an engineering certificate.

No fat chicks

pablos8
15-10-2010, 03:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

18dim
15-10-2010, 04:16 PM
i own a dc5-s, and on my QLD registration slip, it says the car has five seats..

i only have 4 seatbelts, and there is clearly no seat in the middle of the back..
work that one out...

Vvvtec
15-10-2010, 04:19 PM
i own a dc5-s, and on my QLD registration slip, it says the car has five seats..

i only have 4 seatbelts, and there is clearly no seat in the middle of the back..
work that one out...

Very weird! My rego slip has my VTi-R down as a 4 seater.

danny_2132
03-11-2010, 10:43 PM
my 89 vtir is registered as a 5 seater.

ive been fined on my ps for having a 5th passenger on my red ps and they didnt take any demerit points off cause the cops didnt know what to do...