PDA

View Full Version : Got blinded by brand new Euro

burak213
09-10-2010, 12:48 AM
what's up with Honda bringing out a brand new car with 150000k HID's that point right into your eyes?

MRK20CRX
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Because they can

felixd
09-10-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL hi beam it dogg !!!

VTECMACHINE
09-10-2010, 01:46 AM
what's up with Honda bringing out a brand new car with 150000k HID's that point right into your eyes?

150000K actually wouldn't hurt your eyes in the slightest. :D

burak213
09-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Because they can

its not right, its ILLEGAL you dumb ass

LOL hi beam it dogg !!!

i tried man, it put my high beams to shame

150000K actually wouldn't hurt your eyes in the slightest. :D

it didnt hurt my eyes it put me in to a daze i thought i died and went to heaven

curtis265
09-10-2010, 11:06 AM
it's called a projector lens. It splits the colours near the cutoff to look pretty.

You probably got glared cos of a hill..?

and they're probably 4300k

onlykillzz
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
also honda's auto adjusters are really slow..... thus if you go over a hill it wont adjust until you purity much over the hill

natnat
09-10-2010, 12:43 PM
or you probably encountered a normal euro with retrofitted H1 HID bulbs. in this case the projector lenses do not have any auto leveler and the beam are projected incorrectly without the sharp cut off of the OEM HID projector lenses.

MR_LATE
09-10-2010, 10:10 PM
cudve been me.. joks :P

aaronng
09-10-2010, 11:40 PM
its not right, its ILLEGAL you dumb ass

i tried man, it put my high beams to shame

it didnt hurt my eyes it put me in to a daze i thought i died and went to heaven

Same thing will happen when you come across an oncoming BMW/Merc/Lexus with HIDS over the hill.

natnat
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM
and Toyota Corolla Levin ZR Hatch and Ultima Sedan (HID std), Suzuki Kizashi Sport Sedan (HID std), looking at them over the hill; and staring at malfuntioning stay on camera flash :p

HIDs have much higher luminence than halogen light bulbs. most aftermarket halogen (xenon lookalike) marketers emphasize on the colour temperature (even 8000k!) and they would all shut up with regards to luminence. only respected brands ie PIAA do make realy bright light bulbs with high colour temp, but short lifespan is the trade off for high performance.

natnat
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM
once i was driving my RIP CL9 luxury up a hill and there was this hyundai in front of me, with out any tint and perhaps he did not bother to manually switch his rearview mirror to anti glare angle; basically he got pissed off, pulled over to let me pass through, then drove and chased behind me with high beam on!!

there was nothing i could do to my HID low beam and i am sure the auto leveler was working (Top One ensured the auto leveler bits were attached correctly when installing the coilovers), but the different road angles on the hill positioned him right below my low beam projection cut off.

so to avoid any road rage or whatsoever, i just ignored him and drove a bit faster to leave him behind and my auto dimming rear view mirror worked well to suppress his annoying high beam.

white_ep3_civic
10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I would have pulled over then blinded him more with my high beams. Also I don't think any car manufacturer would bring out a car that do mot meet ADR specs.

HunterZero
11-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah I've noticed my HIDs tend to annoy people. I've been flashed a couple of times.

I was travelling on the freeway and came up behind a big B double truck. I had my high beams on, but dipped them when I saw the truck from a couple of hundred meters behind. I edged past him as he was doing about 105kph. As soon as I was past him, he swerved into the right lane, right onto my tail, and turned on every light on the front of his truck! I have tinted windows and auto-dimming rear vision mirror, so it didn't really bother me. Just kept on my merry way.

Another time I came over a crest with headlights dipped, and a tall 4WD going the other way put his highbeams on. He obviously thought my high beams were on! So he copped the full high beams back... Just to make a point I really wasn't on high beams...

- HZ

MR_LATE
11-10-2010, 10:21 AM
since were all sharing stories,,,, lol

one time i was in the right lane and drove pass a commodore r8, he probably thought i flashed my highbeams so he slowed right down and started highbeam-ing me, but to show that i didnt, i slowed right down and flicked on my 12000k highbeams and started strobing behind him, lol he got pissed and just free revved and took off,,,

funniesst shit ever

curtis265
11-10-2010, 10:24 AM
i suppose that's the problem with the HID's. no matter how controlled it is, a crest hill is going to cause someone pain due to the excesslve luminence.

the worst OEM offenders are..
chrysler 300c
holden statesman
accord euros

even on flat surfaces :(

HunterZero
11-10-2010, 03:22 PM
holden statesman

Funny you should say that, because I drove a Holden Statesman, and it had the WORST low beam headlights of ANY car I've ever driven, and that includes my old '65 VW beetle before I 12 volted it. The pathetic excuse for HID headlights on the Statesman were downright dangerous, you have to have them on high beam or you can't see squat. Perhaps that's why they're on your worst offenders list, because the owners have to drive them with highbeams on or they can't see.

- HZ

natnat
11-10-2010, 04:57 PM

this bit is questionable. a properly adjusted Euro (and all other cars with OEM HIDs) headlights would show the beam projection cut off at level or lower than the headlight height. you can check this by parking the car about 2 meters from a white wall. (VW Denlo parramatta uses this method too to check and adjust headlight beam projection angle! you can see big sign on the white wall as i was there this morning to service my Golf.)

so, if you are seeing excessive glare, it's either you sit too low or your car is too low :p
e.g. a driver sitting on a lowered MX5 against a BMW X5 / Lexus RX330

natnat
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

this explains a lot of things about HIDs and retrofitting HIDs. apparently it's already illegal in UK and Hong Kong.

curtis265
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
i drive a stockie mang, the euro glare is probably just out of alignment.

and i'm prety sure it's illegal everywhere anyway

good link!

djpro1
12-10-2010, 06:59 AM
i suppose that's the problem with the HID's. no matter how controlled it is, a crest hill is going to cause someone pain due to the excesslve luminence.

the worst OEM offenders are..
chrysler 300c
holden statesman
accord euros

tell me about them 300c's .. they have some purple, white and all the annoying colours in one! God I hate seeing them at night!

HunterZero
13-10-2010, 09:53 AM
tell me about them 300c's .. they have some purple, white and all the annoying colours in one! God I hate seeing them at night!

It's worse seeing a 300C in the daytime...

- HZ

cbol55
13-10-2010, 11:22 AM
It's worse seeing a 300C in the daytime...

- HZ

so funny..ugly pigs arent they

tiksie
13-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I had a BMW X5 or some shit behind me yesterday..Killed my life for like 10 mins on a one way road.. I wish the EK wasn't so little, it's because they're so high :(

denot
13-10-2010, 01:03 PM
150000k? Isnt this make the colour VERY DARK RED? I dont think 150000k can blind people :S

burak213
13-10-2010, 01:06 PM
thanks for the responses

i got HID fitted as well (dodgy) and get flashed at least once when im out

i thought it was the dodgy way of installing but it seems the stock cars from factory still blind people

and it's always been over a hill i been flashed or blinded by another car that had HIDs

kural7
13-10-2010, 04:34 PM
i love the feeling of going up a hill and some1 high beams me.. then i high beam them right back in my euro and i can c there jaws drop as they go past me.. :P any1 got any good links to chacnhe the oem fog lights to a better color. is it just a simple bulb i have to change?

natnat
13-10-2010, 06:21 PM
i love the feeling of going up a hill and some1 high beams me.. then i high beam them right back in my euro and i can c there jaws drop as they go past me.. :P any1 got any good links to chacnhe the oem fog lights to a better color. is it just a simple bulb i have to change?

you can upgrade your D2S HIDs with:
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=149

and H11 fog light bulbs with:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-PIAA-2500K-Plasma-Ion-Yellow-H11-JDM-Fog-Light-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563d1331c9QQitemZ37039 1855561QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

do it while the AUD is so high / overvalued.

curtis265
14-10-2010, 12:09 AM
thanks for the responses

i got HID fitted as well (dodgy) and get flashed at least once when im out

i thought it was the dodgy way of installing but it seems the stock cars from factory still blind people

and it's always been over a hill i been flashed or blinded by another car that had HIDs

DC5's with HID's are the most horrible things ever.

same with EK's..

natnat
14-10-2010, 07:52 AM
that's because DC5s and EKs headlight housings are not designed for retrofit HID bulbs. to be honest in my couple of years of driving the CL9 then now CU2, i never got flashed from an oncoming car. and it's always annoying seeing an oncoming car with retrofitted HIDs.

but don't get me wrong, i am not against it. it's totally everyone's choice. i've been playing with headlight bulbs since 1996 when i got a 1996 civic vti sedan and fitted a 90/110 wattage H4. then later on i played with relay cables to properly fit those high wattage bulbs in my 2001 RAV4 (in blue tinted, yellow tinted, rainbow tinted bulbs; tried them all) without melting the OEM cables. also added CATZ driving light in 130w H3 yellow bulbs. at the end i stayed with Phillips Rally 90/110w H4 for many years because the untinted bulbs are actually the brightest. all these were done to make my beam brighter / look cooler without considering glare to other people :p

my parents own a car spare parts and accessories shop overseas, that's why i was able to source many of those things :p

if you park a car with retrofitted HIDs and a car with OEM HIDs in front of a white wall, you should be able to see why. the beam from retrofitted HID headlights smears all over the wall without a clear cut (but halogen bulbs will show proper cut off) while OEM HIDs beam clearly show clear cut off at the right height level (unless it's out of alignment).

kural7
14-10-2010, 09:25 AM
i looked at both the links below i already have powerful hid as stock in the accord euro i wanted to change my foggies to clear light. the link u sent me makes them more yellow?

you can upgrade your D2S HIDs with:
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=149

and H11 fog light bulbs with:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-PIAA-2500K-Plasma-Ion-Yellow-H11-JDM-Fog-Light-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563d1331c9QQitemZ37039 1855561QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

do it while the AUD is so high / overvalued.

MR_LATE
14-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I had a BMW X5 or some shit behind me yesterday..Killed my life for like 10 mins on a one way road.. I wish the EK wasn't so little, it's because they're so high :(

lol :P

curtis265
14-10-2010, 08:28 PM
i looked at both the links below i already have powerful hid as stock in the accord euro i wanted to change my foggies to clear light. the link u sent me makes them more yellow?

wtf is clear light?

kural7
15-10-2010, 02:48 PM
clear light as in white.. it doesn't ahve to be as powerfull as the hid but i would like that colour.. the yellow foggies just ruin the image of the car.

natnat
15-10-2010, 03:01 PM
clear light as in white.. it doesn't ahve to be as powerfull as the hid but i would like that colour.. the yellow foggies just ruin the image of the car.

if you want white >4000k (blue tinted halogen bulbs) there are plenty of options out there from the cheapest ones (sort of useless, it's nice to look at the car but minimal visibility when driving) to PIAA bulbs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-XTREME-FORCE-4700K-H11-H8-WHITE-HID-XENON-55W-BULB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255daa1559QQitemZ16048 5217625QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

or retrofit H11 HIDs to increase your ability to blind other drivers!! :)

for H11 in yellow 2500k, there are really 2 options in the market: Nokya & PIAA.

but having blue tinted bulbs in your foggies is kind of useless during times when you are legally allowed to turn them on in NSW.

nb: the police will book cars with fog lights turned on unless the weather is in adverse condition.

ruining the image.. it depends on the view. some jdm race cars even have yellow tinted headlight lenses! to maximise visibility during race perhaps?
http://www.spalshield.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/sung.40151533_std.jpg

some with Thule roofrack too!

natnat
15-10-2010, 03:17 PM
yeah, kural7, do the high beam (HB3) with HIDs retrofit, then foggies (H11) with HIDs too! :p you can buy them from JDMYard w/ 5 yrs replacement warranty too!

benefits:
1. reduced wattage usage = save petrol
2. maximum blinding weapon!

:)

curtis265
15-10-2010, 03:22 PM
no point doing highbeams, unless you leave them on for extended periods of time - HB's usually flash people or are on for brief periods when roads are empty - it won't work if the bulbs have to 'warm up'

yellow fogs are better because:
they have a lower frequency, so water droplets are less likely to reflect yellow light back.
they more jdm looking LOL

kural7
16-10-2010, 09:56 PM
you lost me something stupid there mate.. wat do u mean do the highbeam3? with hids retrofit? im happy with the jdm headlights its the yellow foggies i dislike.. i don't care about visibility my hids are enoguh as for the blue colour it will suit my car ( it also being blue :P )

natnat
17-10-2010, 10:14 AM
you lost me something stupid there mate.. wat do u mean do the highbeam3? with hids retrofit? im happy with the jdm headlights its the yellow foggies i dislike.. i don't care about visibility my hids are enoguh as for the blue colour it will suit my car ( it also being blue :P )

then in your case there is currently a very good deal per below:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H11-PIAA-H-318-XTREME-FORCE-FOGLIGHT-BULBS-H11-TWINPACK-/310261836659?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483d0beb73

but if you want to make it really white then the LED bulbs are your best choice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA-TERA-6000K-BRIGHT-WHITE-LED-H8-H11-DRL-LAMP-BULB-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255daa1413QQitemZ16048 5217299QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

if you want something immediately from repco, the narva ultra blue should suit you (but the piaa import would be the best bang for buck)
http://www.narva.com.au/products/browse/performance-globes

HunterZero
18-10-2010, 11:12 AM

If you're worried about "colour of fog lights suiting your car", you're obviously one of those people who has them on all the time thinking they look cool. They don't, they just annoy oncoming drivers.

It's illegal to have them on in clear weather, in NSW you can be pulled over for this. You can only use them in rain/fog, so why bother changing them?

- HZ

curtis265
18-10-2010, 11:17 AM
exactly that, in which case you should really need yellows to "cut through" the fog better.

natnat
18-10-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/downloads/0810_demerits_general.pdf

it's ok lah, it's only $86 and 2 demerit points :p or 4 demerit points during long weekends. the price to pay to look 'cool' :p

Rule 218-1 (a) Use fog light when not permitted 2 demerit points for $86. so, for red Ps it's all your license gone in one hit during double demerit points.

many years ago, prob in 2003 i got pulled over during a RBT. i had the foggies on and fortunately the cop only warned me. since then i only turn them on during heavy rain and fog. but i still see many drivers having them on during clear weather. some cars are not glarey, but holdens and fords the foggies are very glarey and annoying.

curtis265
18-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I suppose the non glarey ones are used 'to be seen' instead of used 'to see with'

natnat
20-10-2010, 12:32 PM
got glared? heavy fog?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1087/5097978401_ed0bcbe0cd.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1125/5097974229_4bb1eafa6c.jpg

Ollie89
22-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Enough said from everyone ... :)

There great at night , they look SEXY! and i can see EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!! its BEAUTIFUL like day light but at night hahaha :P