PDA

View Full Version : Moisture in Headlights?

dak_air
10-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I've noticed that there was a build up of moisture in my right headlight...Is there any way I can fix this myself..Please help?

Thanks.:)

curtis265
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Bake, peel, clean out, reseal..

or drill little holes to let the moisture out? (bad idea)

mugen_ctr
10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
seals could be letting in mositure, as the head lights already have a small hoses at back of headlights to let it breathe, double check the head light seals.. u shouldnt need to drill any holes

TanitY
10-10-2010, 01:36 PM
if theres a crack or something in your headlight you should somehow seal it to prevent moisture from going inside, and hopefully the moisture will evaporate inside in the headlight. or you could try opening it up first than wiping the moisture off then fulling sealing the headlight with some kind of silicone to prevent moisture.

JPTL
11-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Yea i had same problem.....so had to open mine up.....pretty much open it up with these steps.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?45494-DIY-CTR-Headlight-for-EK-(without-oven) --------> while your at it you might as well do these DIY :thumbsup: looks awesome

than wipe moisture and make sure everything is dry before resealing it with water resistant silicon seal. Just make sure you seal it good or else moisture would just start building up again lol

still PQ needed btw sigh* cheers

dak_air
11-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys for the quick response....Will try to do it now.....

Enjoy your day...

@JPTL: Sigh.....lol