PDA

View Full Version : EG trim levels

Symphorced
12-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I did a search and was unable to find the information I needed. Basically I'm looking at doing a B18c conversion into an EG and wanted to know the difference between Si, Vti and Gli. I know Vti has sunroof and all the engines are different... but is there anything else that sets the Si and Vti apart from the Gli (ie: electrics, interior ect.)? Can anyone name specifics or point me to some info about this?

Thanks!

kcokla
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
in relation to your conversion, there all more or less the same.

brakes will need upgrading on all three.
as you've said, the vti has a sunroof.
and yes the engines are all differnt but nothing major.
vti has vtec. si and gli doesnt. but the si produces abit more power than the gli .
again though with the b18 it wont make a difference

gli has rear drum brakes,
the vti and si have rear disc brakes

Symphorced
12-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for that! So there's no difference in the interior or any other standard options?

Tai
12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
The interior trims are all different.

Vti has the best interior trim imho ( nicer cloth design )

Vti and Si also come with cupholders that the Gli doesnt.

It is also about a 10kw different between the Si/Vti to the Gli, but since you are doing an engine swap it doesn't matter.

Gli also doesnt have rear sway bars and drums on rear.

TheSaint
12-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Gli doesnt have airbags or ABS either

Symphorced
12-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys I guess I'll just have to check each one out for the interior. Anyone know if the electrics are all the same (electric mirrors, power windows ect.)? Also can anyone confirm that Gli's also have no tacho?

kcokla
12-10-2010, 06:44 PM
gli's do have tachos!

and yes all electrics are the same.

chauster
13-10-2010, 10:12 PM
If you are going to conversion, you either want VTI for the sunroofs or GLi for cheap.

TheSaint
14-10-2010, 12:35 PM
i agree with the above - aim for a VTI as it will be less work + safer car

but Gli is also a good base for a build =)

i personally wouldnt bother with the SI unless the price is right or you are gona build it as it is