PDA

View Full Version : EF9 Rackend and Tierod end part no. ?

typex
12-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey Guys,

a little confused as to what the replacement parts are for the EF9. Went down to my local parts supplier and they gave me longer rod ends. so was wondering if anyone has changed the rackend and rod ends to help with what model they come off.

thanks.

markismaximus
13-10-2010, 07:49 AM
given your car was never sold here they may just be giving you parts for another model. possibly an ED...
How much longer? if its only an extra few mm it wont matter. when the toe is adjusted when you get a wheel alignment (which you should) it will be corrected if its out

typex
13-10-2010, 12:25 PM
its maxed out according to the alignment, so i want to know if there are replacements available or do i grind off the ones i have.

markismaximus
13-10-2010, 01:19 PM
according to what alignment? how are you measuring its out of alignment? what do you want to grind? the rack end or the tie rod?

Have you compared the old to the new, side by side?

take a picture, will make it a million times easier

typex
13-10-2010, 01:56 PM
i put in replacement tie rod end, it was too long the wheel alignment place said, couldn't adjust it properly. guess its my fault for not double checking before installing it. but the parts shop said it was the right one.

pat88c
15-10-2010, 05:49 PM
quote from crx aus for EF8 crx siR which are the same as EF9 civic siR

Best go through a NZ Honda dealership if Honda aus does not have part in stock

Don't waste your time with ED outer tie rod ends.
Part numbers are:
53540-SH3-N10 (Right)
53560-SH3-N10 (Left)

I have recently bought these and they work sweet.

And if you don't want buy new arms you can cut down your civic ed ones and cut 10mm off the end I've done it works a treat

typex
15-10-2010, 06:45 PM
yeah one of the options i had was to cut it, but im not particularly fond of cutting anything.

when u say cut off 10mm, is that to both sides ?

pat88c
15-10-2010, 07:06 PM
yes to both side

if you need any more info about EF8/9 should join up to crx Australia

pat