PDA

View Full Version : ek vtir mods

NVD52K
13-10-2010, 03:37 PM
hey guys, need some info since im new on these civic motors. the car currently has a b16a motor in it.
reason being im asking on this part of the forum is because i want to know what brand mods people have experienced in. im looking to buy a intake, headers, exhaust, clutch kit. im not sure on what brand or what quality make the best little gains and responsiveness if you can tell me what combos go good together let me know. also if there is a intake that is carbonfibre covered and legal that you know of let me know thanks

pinoy-boi
13-10-2010, 04:21 PM
injen make a good CAI, as for carbon fibre intake being legal..... that im ot sure of

JDM-EGG
13-10-2010, 05:03 PM
hello mr nvds2k , nice car btw

anyways .. if budget is not a issue boss

intake - mugen airbox , its straight bolt onto stock intake arm and is carbon fibre fully enclosed with snorkel
headers - TODA headers for sure. best gains there no doubt
Exhaust - Depends what ur after ? loud ? soft ? anyways if u want loud , go spoon N1 , J's Racing RS , or TODA if u want soft go Mugen twinloop or Fugitsbo series
Clutch and Flywheel - Exedy Heavy duty Sports organic , Competition Clutch from jdmyard and complete that with a Today lighten flywheel , or if u got the molla go ORC clutch and flywheel Combo (ogura)

having these mods u will some good gains :) if u want more .. then u know .. the list goes on and on

hope this helps brother

blabla
13-10-2010, 05:31 PM
intake - mugen airbox , its straight bolt onto stock intake arm and is carbon fibre fully enclosed with snorkel - Mugen x2 or Arc box

headers - TODA headers for sure. best gains there no doubt - Hytec would be a better option then the toda headers

Exhaust - Depends what ur after ? loud ? soft ? anyways if u want loud , go spoon N1 , J's Racing RS , or TODA if u want soft go Mugen twinloop or Fugitsbo series - Customer stainless 2.5 or 2.25 with a twinloop.

Clutch and Flywheel - Exedy Heavy duty Sports organic , Competition Clutch from jdmyard and complete that with a Today lighten flywheel , or if u got the molla go ORC clutch and flywheel Combo (ogura) - Exedy Sports organic with type r flywheel, ORC clutch and flywheel Combo

JDM-EGG
13-10-2010, 06:03 PM
knowing nvds2k , he will go all baller branded parts only , for quality that is known to give good gains used by alot of people with good feedback

TheSaint
13-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Fujita CAI is better than Injen at the same price

Toda/Mugen/5zigen for headers

Exedy stage1 clutch + 10lbs fly kit from the states

NVD52K
14-10-2010, 02:07 PM
ok after all these parts, for abit of tune just a vtec controller or full ecu? also is anybody here selling these parts you have mentioned let me know thanks in advance.

JDM-EGG
14-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Get a full ecu like hondata s100 or s200
Don't waste your time with a piggy back.

Also a good upgrade is to get a dc2r gearbox for 4.7fd and LSD

Jdm yard and jdm concept stock all the parts I listed or just try find them second hand in the for sale section

pinoy-boi
14-10-2010, 03:46 PM
S100 is a bitch to get tuned, and S200 are hard to find these days, you will be wanting a hondata S300

dc292177917
14-10-2010, 04:18 PM
bro looks like u got quite a bit of funds for that, u might need a toda cam to unleash the little bitch then lol

NVD52K
15-10-2010, 05:30 PM
intake - mugen airbox , its straight bolt onto stock intake arm and is carbon fibre fully enclosed with snorkel - Mugen x2 or Arc box

headers - TODA headers for sure. best gains there no doubt - Hytec would be a better option then the toda headers

Exhaust - Depends what ur after ? loud ? soft ? anyways if u want loud , go spoon N1 , J's Racing RS , or TODA if u want soft go Mugen twinloop or Fugitsbo series - Customer stainless 2.5 or 2.25 with a twinloop.

Clutch and Flywheel - Exedy Heavy duty Sports organic , Competition Clutch from jdmyard and complete that with a Today lighten flywheel , or if u got the molla go ORC clutch and flywheel Combo (ogura) - Exedy Sports organic with type r flywheel, ORC clutch and flywheel Combo

so where to get this HYTEC header dude?

JDM-EGG
15-10-2010, 05:35 PM
he says hytec is a better option ? LOL hytec got shit clearance

blabla
15-10-2010, 06:05 PM
just dont slam it very simple.

Mikecivic78
16-10-2010, 08:24 PM
If you slam it then it will limit its potential as a daily. Forget shopping malls. BEsides, the thread is about engine mods.

I recommend Injen CAI. Exhaust wise 5zigen, Mugen, Spoon make good headers and cat backs. Depends on ur budget I guess, You can always go brand name headers and custom made cat back.

Next step would be EMS. Hondata s100/200 would do the trick, but there are other good brands on the market.

NVD52K
17-10-2010, 09:42 AM
ok guys, going diff track now probrably a b20 build, with these brand bolt ons. any workshops you guys recommend? spoke to hannys he told me leave the honda the way it is bla bla bla lollll its engineered for the way its meant to be etc im like yes robert. let me know guys

blabla
17-10-2010, 10:26 AM
ok guys, going diff track now probrably a b20 build, with these brand bolt ons. any workshops you guys recommend? spoke to hannys he told me leave the honda the way it is bla bla bla lollll its engineered for the way its meant to be etc im like yes robert. let me know guys

Bel garage croyden toda chris protune byp. Go a dart block or eagle.

TODA AU
17-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Seriously, just get off your bum, go & speak to the person/workshop you think you might use...
It doesn't matter who they are, just stick to a few simple rules...
If they don't have a can-do attitude... walk away....
If they're not licenced, can't give you a written recipt/tax invoice or don't have an ABN.... walk away.
If they won't offer at least 1 years warranty on a built engine for road use... walk away.
If they cant tune it, walk away... (Flipside applies, if they can tune it but can't build it, walk away.)
If they can't give you a quote that is guaranteed to be accurate with no hidden surprises... walk away.
If they can't guarantee a power output from an engine... walk away
In a nut shell, use someone who is qualified, can build it, can tune it, can warrant it & can guarantee it's output at a fixed price...
Get all that sorted & you're laughing, who ever that might be.
& FFS, shop around....

blabla
18-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Clear inbox.....

NVD52K
20-10-2010, 06:58 PM
shopped around thanks found my shop

Alvis
11-11-2010, 12:59 PM
In terms of an air intake system from my personal experience (depending on budget) I would recommend a Mugen high performance airbox. They are legal and they are one mean sounding intake.

Apart from smoother airflow, they reduce air intake temp by 50 degrees and pressure loss reduction of about 30% - I drove 90+km from Northmead in Sydney to Wollongong - opened the bonnet when I got home and I could still touch the airbox and s/s intake that fits into the stock intake arm with my hand!

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4153/p1040099edit.jpg
By civica (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/civica) at 2010-08-20

Most of the gains are up high because the airbox was designed by Mugen for the race track

mugen_ctr
11-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Seriously, just get off your bum, go & speak to the person/workshop you think you might use...
It doesn't matter who they are, just stick to a few simple rules...
If they don't have a can-do attitude... walk away....
If they're not licenced, can't give you a written recipt/tax invoice or don't have an ABN.... walk away.
If they won't offer at least 1 years warranty on a built engine for road use... walk away.
If they cant tune it, walk away... (Flipside applies, if they can tune it but can't build it, walk away.)
If they can't give you a quote that is guaranteed to be accurate with no hidden surprises... walk away.
If they can't guarantee a power output from an engine... walk away
In a nut shell, use someone who is qualified, can build it, can tune it, can warrant it & can guarantee it's output at a fixed price...
Get all that sorted & you're laughing, who ever that might be.
& FFS, shop around....

there are sum parts that are contradicting
1st. sum workshops build it than send it off to be tuned else where which end up with really good results, but i guess its where u go really and whos reputable
2nd. ive never met a builder who said they can guarantee this XXX amount of power, only estimation of the power, given the mods an tune but not a exact figure
but the rest is spot on about workshop/tuners

lay
18-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, i have a EK Aussie Spec 2000 vtir, im looking at getting a cold air intake kit, but what does the vtir (twin cam vtec motor) translate to the US version? is it LX, CX, DX?

Mikecivic78
18-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Hey guys, i have a EK Aussie Spec 2000 vtir, im looking at getting a cold air intake kit, but what does the vtir (twin cam vtec motor) translate to the US version? is it LX, CX, DX? It is Si in the states.

lay
18-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey Guys where can i buy and or fit a Cold Air intake for my 2000 vtir civic coupe? Cheers

Mikecivic78
18-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey Guys where can i buy and or fit a Cold Air intake for my 2000 vtir civic coupe? Cheers

Actually, its an Si, it's an SiR in Canada. JDM yard sell Injen cold air intakes, they are a great piece of kit but exxy. Try Ebay, you might get a better price, but u have to wait for shipping from America.

As far as fitment goes, it's very easy DIY. You need to remove airbox and resonator and then just install the intake. All you need are some simple hand tools.

kimang
20-11-2010, 12:53 AM
i have a custom 2.5 with a twin loop and thats stilll pretty loud tho :S, wanting to get a mugen intake but expensive n u cant use it if u put a metal snail into it

Limbo
20-11-2010, 11:09 PM
for a stockish b16, if your looking a bolt-ons, JDM 4-1 headers, steel cat, 2 1/4 mandrel bent, pick a muffler you like for the noise/looks.
intake boxed is good when running a pod or run the pod under the guard. Good easy one is K&N replacement filter
Then give it a good service

ITR gbox is good if you have funds, otherwise just ITR flywheel and exedy sport organic clutch, when your clutch is on the way out bt if feeling rich just get it done.

ECU - all depends on how much you wanna do, wait till you've finished with other bolt-ons before you go for this, you'll know when to get this and then you know wat your choice will be.

Tai
21-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Wouldnt recommend running jdm ITR 4-1 headers as they hang lower on a b16a and limit gound clearance, deprnding if you plan to lower it.