PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility of parts?

JohnnyJohnJohn
13-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Whattup!

Im after a new set of OEM brake discs and just wanted to know which ones are compatible with a 1992 honda civic eg sedan? in other words do the ek/dc2 etc have the same stock specs front and rear? It'll just be easier to find if they do... :confused:

Also Im quite certain D SOHC engine spark leads don't fit on the D16A8(Dohc d16) will the B series fit since its quite difficult to find leads for a D16A8, that or i havent been looking hard enough :(

Thanks.

kcokla
15-10-2010, 09:46 AM
ek's and dc 2/4's rear discs will fit your eg.

get the knuckle, caliper, rotor and i think thats it!
and of course the handbrake cable

and as for the spark plug leads id say your not looking hard enough!.
try repco/auto one/auto bahrn and so on.

dougie_504
15-10-2010, 03:38 PM
I have NGK spark leaks for D16A8. Is there something wrong with your OEM ones?

JohnnyJohnJohn
16-10-2010, 12:17 AM
ek's and dc 2/4's rear discs will fit your eg.

get the knuckle, caliper, rotor and i think thats it!
and of course the handbrake cable

and as for the spark plug leads id say your not looking hard enough!.
try repco/auto one/auto bahrn and so on.

Cool! Well im not really trying to do a whole brake package swap, just need to replace my disc brakes, since my mech told me its up to its limit in machining, thus swapping the whole disc :D, just wanted to know what ones would fit, trying to source some online as itll be cheaper than gettin them from supercheap etc.

I have NGK spark leaks for D16A8. Is there something wrong with your OEM ones?

The ones i have atm look like they've never been changed... ever, well it still does its job, it feels like its bottlenecking somwhere so im planning to get a new set pronto, mind you a major service was done recently apart from the leads, and was trying to source some online since the aud is so high compared to the usd! :cool:, all i find is SOHC D series and B series :( i guess im not looking hard enough? and getting them locally from like autobarn, supercheap etc is a freaken RIP!!!

But in saying that I am open to tips and advice! really appreciate the feedback.

zachge
17-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Cool! Well im not really trying to do a whole brake package swap, just need to replace my disc brakes, since my mech told me its up to its limit in machining, thus swapping the whole disc :D, just wanted to know what ones would fit, trying to source some online as itll be cheaper than gettin them from supercheap etc.

The ones i have atm look like they've never been changed... ever, well it still does its job, it feels like its bottlenecking somwhere so im planning to get a new set pronto, mind you a major service was done recently apart from the leads, and was trying to source some online since the aud is so high compared to the usd! :cool:, all i find is SOHC D series and B series :( i guess im not looking hard enough? and getting them locally from like autobarn, supercheap etc is a freaken RIP!!!

But in saying that I am open to tips and advice! really appreciate the feedback.

D16A8 in USDM market isn't called that it's a ZC engine.. have a look around to find out which one.
This is coming from an ex honda owner... its been a while..

good luck

JohnnyJohnJohn
19-10-2010, 12:05 AM
D16A8 in USDM market isn't called that it's a ZC engine.. have a look around to find out which one.
This is coming from an ex honda owner... its been a while..

good luck

Thanks for the advice, will def need to search harder.