PDA

View Full Version : ITR JDM flywheel in my VTiR

16CTEG
09-01-2005, 11:06 PM
i slapped a JDM ITR flywheel in my VTiR today it's seems alot lighter but i haven't driven yet cos of problems that came accross me i started saturdya morning till now still not finished!

i'ce been busy with going out and helping friends out, but besides that it was a easy j...ob, just need to wack on sriveshafts and suspension components and hook up 2 wires!

but how much beta u guys think it'll go! cos i seem to find thre VTiR fywheel has much more size to it, there are parts which are unnessary, excuse the spelling. but the JDM ITR is more flat! and has less ridgit bits and i seem to be desgined beta! which is good i compared weights even pulled out the scales! and the VTiR was abotu 9Ks i think but scales could be dodgey and JDM was 7 kgs, then again scales coudl be dodgey!

just tell us what u think will happen! but before i out the flywheel in i was gonna shave abit off the fhyweel cos in US poeople ligthen them to 5.9 kilo's. i'll have pics of the 2 fkywheels for u sooon and the pic of the state of my c...ar!

thankxs boys and ladies! tell me what u think!

p.s thanks alot kenshin for the free JDM ITR flywheel! i owe u

LO_N_SXC
10-01-2005, 10:47 AM
wot happen???? I thought you n mickey finished all last nite????? if you need a hand I might be able to come ova and help but give me a ring after work to make sure! LOL

[XsCaPe]
10-01-2005, 11:49 AM
id be interested to know the difference in accelleration also..

sorry i know off topic, but will your car be ready for calder on friday?

LO_N_SXC
10-01-2005, 12:10 PM
']id be interested to know the difference in accelleration also..

sorry i know off topic, but will your car be ready for calder on friday?

Naah Bro he wont be racing! we are trying to get hold of extractors and some other bits and pieces before next time, but we will be ther just there to watch!!

PS: you must be wondering how I know all this??? LOL its coz I just live like Half a Block from this guy's place and I was the one who raced the car down at Calder!

Civic Type R
10-01-2005, 12:20 PM
i slapped a JDM ITR flywheel in my VTiR today it's seems alot lighter but i haven't driven yet cos of problems that came accross me i started saturdya morning till now still not finished!Sorry i have to point out, how does it seem a lot lighter when you havent driven it yet ?

But yes you can shave a few additional kgs off the JDM ITR flywheel. I am doing it to mine when i get time. Its safe but dont go too wild. A good engine tuner can advise you as to where your limits are. I would expect a 5kg wheel to be good enough from a shaving job.

tofu R
10-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Sorry i have to point out, how does it seem a lot lighter when you havent driven it yet ?

But yes you can shave a few additional kgs off the JDM ITR flywheel. I am doing it to mine when i get time. Its safe but dont go too wild. A good engine tuner can advise you as to where your limits are. I would expect a 5kg wheel to be good enough from a shaving job.
We'll if you take one flywheel in one hand .. and the other flywheel in the other hand .. give equal force .. whichever one drops more .. is the heavier one ..
(or maybe just weigh them)

Hows that require driving?

tinkerbell
10-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Sorry i have to point out, how does it seem a lot lighter when you havent driven it yet ?

well, he might have picked it up or something :confused:

tinkerbell
10-01-2005, 12:27 PM
tofu R - both would drop at the same rate, regardless of weight. 9.8m/s/s

ginganggooly
10-01-2005, 07:02 PM
tofu R - both would drop at the same rate, regardless of weight. 9.8m/s/s
well, if you want to be cheeky dave- he did say to apply equal force to both of them, assuming he was applying force in the opposite direction to gravity i.e. up, then the one dropping more quickly, or rising more slowly, would, in fact, be heavier :D

16CTEG
10-01-2005, 09:58 PM
hahaha u funyn fuuuckers!!! hahaha i picked both of them up and the VTiR is a noticeable amoutn heavier i even got out the scales but my had dodegt scales so i did it by hand! a ruff idea!

seemsed about 2 kilos lgihter though! there's alot of extra bits int he VTiR compared to ITR!, but with friday i wont be racing just watching all due to parts no arriving and i had to spend money on seats! i already told all of u's why i ahd to buy em, no use in explaining again. sorry boys! i worled up a storm for nothing! but soon boys we'll see! i aint' trying to oull a fast NA time just for me, it's for all of the hhonda NA boys!

but as alex said he was the one who drove myc ar for the 14.9, but he's too cocky about it!!! aren't u alex???? but i am still the head mechanic alex so :thumbdwn:

but anyways no calder friday cos i have had issues with aaccidents and cops accidens as in my mates had accdients!

so soon! when i get all this sorted out!

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 08:12 AM
hahaha u funyn fuuuckers!!! hahaha i picked both of them up and the VTiR is a noticeable amoutn heavier i even got out the scales but my had dodegt scales so i did it by hand! a ruff idea!

seemsed about 2 kilos lgihter though! there's alot of extra bits int he VTiR compared to ITR!, but with friday i wont be racing just watching all due to parts no arriving and i had to spend money on seats! i already told all of u's why i ahd to buy em, no use in explaining again. sorry boys! i worled up a storm for nothing! but soon boys we'll see! i aint' trying to oull a fast NA time just for me, it's for all of the hhonda NA boys!

but as alex said he was the one who drove myc ar for the 14.9, but he's too cocky about it!!! aren't u alex???? but i am still the head mechanic alex so :thumbdwn:

but anyways no calder friday cos i have had issues with aaccidents and cops accidens as in my mates had accdients!

so soon! when i get all this sorted out!

Me cocky????? naahhh bro u only say that coz you wished you drove like me! I say this coz I have been driving fast cars from the age of 16yrs old, da first fast car I drove was my Bro's MY99 WRX runing 20psi and he was the 1 who teached me how to drive fast cars!!!!!! oh and I just happen to drive better than My other Bro who drives a worked R32 Skyline! :D

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 08:14 AM
OH and all the so called "accidents" are due to you being a wreckless c**t! LOL :D

Bludger
11-01-2005, 08:31 AM
can't you guys post without swearing?

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 09:24 AM
s'funny, his/her sig says:

KEEP IT REAL KEEP IT CLEAN!

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
s'funny, his/her sig says:

KEEP IT REAL KEEP IT CLEAN!

LOL thanks man! His by da way! :D

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 11:03 AM
His by da way! :D
no wonder you are so free and easy about using the 'c' word then?

most people find this very offensive :thumbdwn:

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 11:26 AM
no wonder you are so free and easy about using the 'c' word then?

most people find this very offensive :thumbdwn:

Naah you got me all wrong!!!! You see 16CTEG and I are close Mates he lives like half a block from my place and him and I always muck around and work on cars all da time, and for sure I wouldn't say those words to some one I dont know! like you or other members of the club.

Chill....... :)

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
well keep it to Private Messages then, as this is a Public Internet Forum, able to be read by minors and people who may not be as lackadaisical as you...

it's all good now, i am just having a little go at you, as i havent seen that word very often on this forum and i am very suprised that it is not auto-edited ;)

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
All good All good......... I really didnt think of that???
by da way is there many Hot LS Tegs up in Sydney???

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
yeah, there was one, it came 2nd at Drag Combat at WSID runing a 13.73 @101mph...

had a B20VTEC engine putting out 122kw atfw...

but i crashed it and i am wrecking it.

it was a JDM Xsi with Jap spec everything...

my favorite pic:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~joannepulis/sparefiles/tegkksmedium.jpg

and me racing at Mt Panorama:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~joannepulis/sparefiles/hillclimb002%5b1%5d.jpg

kenshin
11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
ey what rims are those

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Very nice!!! what brake kit where u running on that thing? they look big as far as I can see in the pic????? :confused:

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Racing Hart CP-035C's in 15x6.5

3.9kg each rim ;)

tinkerbell
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
nah, just 262mm discs (as used on most 90-98 Honda's) , but i was running DBA 4000 rotors and RB74 pads, so it stopped quick :D

LO_N_SXC
11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I have a Quick question!!! I just wanna know if any of you guys know where I can find info on re-building an DA9 gearbox??? I have done a search but not much luck!!!
Coz mine is really BAD it like cruches in 4th gear all the time only when im like 3500rpm or above!!!!

16CTEG
11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
OH and all the so called "accidents" are due to you being a wreckless c**t! LOL :D
just to let u know "ALEX" mr hot shot! it was my mates acidents in a 180 not me!!! i neva been in accdients! just many close calls theres a difference LOL!

16CTEG
11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I have a Quick question!!! I just wanna know if any of you guys know where I can find info on re-building an DA9 gearbox??? I have done a search but not much luck!!!
Coz mine is really BAD it like cruches in 4th gear all the time only when im like 3500rpm or above!!!!
OMG BRO!!! LOOK AT THAT SICK C**T NAMED ALEX LOL!!! HE DRIVE A VL TURBO!!

Civic Type R
11-01-2005, 05:57 PM
hahaha u funyn fuuuckers!!! hahaha i picked both of them up and the VTiR is a noticeable amoutn heavier ahh ok.
I wasnt trying to be cute but yeah i thought for a minute you had it in the car already .. :honda:

ECU-MAN
11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
this thread has gone way off topic.