PDA

View Full Version : gearbox problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

big tone
17-10-2010, 10:41 AM
ok guys i have a we problem

i have just put a new clutch into my box (s80 from a typeR)

now ive put genuin honda fluid back in.
the clutch is an exedy heavy duty (HCK-7111HD)
ive also put a new slave cylinder and new clutch fluid too.

now what is happening is the gearbox is alot noisier than normal like it is dry,
and also i cannot downshift into second anymore and all gears seem to be a little notchy from before the clutch change

and my biggest concern is when i engage into reverse it goes in ok but when i start to reverse it clunks really bad and if i put the clutch in and roll backwards the car feels like its locking up inreverse and then its hard to get it out of reverse..

im going to check the fluid this arfternoon to make sure i had put enough in.. 2.5lt went in..

so yea please help

thanks..

na-118
17-10-2010, 10:49 AM
did you put the clutch in the right way?
did you bleed it up?

fatboyz39
17-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Did you line the clutch properly? Did the box bolt up all nicely ?

big tone
17-10-2010, 11:24 AM
if i put the clutch in the wrong way wouldnt i be having problems in every gear?? and its only been the last few days and the clutch has been in since thursday 7th. and yes it has been beeded up 2wice now

OMG.JAI xD
18-10-2010, 08:55 PM
if i put the clutch in the wrong way wouldnt i be having problems in every gear?? and its only been the last few days and the clutch has been in since thursday 7th. and yes it has been beeded up 2wice now

If you put the clutch in the wrong way you definately would be having problems in all gears.
The clutch is the first thing on the input shaft of the box. Any transfer of motion has to go through the clutch.
Could even be that the thrust bearing wasnt properly seated. And its **** eyed to one side.

DC2-PWR
18-10-2010, 09:04 PM
^^^^

Thats what exactly my mechanic was explaning to me when I was getting my clutch fitted in.

Lets hope it was the G/Box oil, but I doubt it.

Best thing to do, take everything out and do it again.

Webby_roller
18-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey man, sorry to hijack. just its there are some gearbox gurrus in here....

I had my rear engine mount pretty much fall apart when i was enjoying a bit of spirited driving. From then on I seem to be having 'resistance' to changing gears when driving. I changed the engine mount, and replaced gearbox fluid and still no improvment. The gearbox does not do it all the time, some times it changes gear no problem, others its a struggle to get her into gear. Checked linkages and they seem all good... Very noticable when downshifting!! up shifting not so bad, seems to happen in all gears, but not all the time...

I have thought clutch... I have checked all the clutch lines, master cylinder and slave cylinder and it seems to be holding pressure when actuated so if anybody has any ideas that would be an awsome help. Even just somthing to start looking for.

Cheers

na-118
18-10-2010, 09:54 PM
this is e mechanic, a real mechanic are the ones who ask questions to make there diagnoses easier mate

bennjamin
19-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Sounds like an apprentice did your install.

There should be NO new noise present , nor difficulty in changing any gears.

You clearly have 1. Too little fluid 2. Wrong type of fluid or massive installation error/s.
Such as over or under torquing of pressure plate , failing release bearing etc.

Get it fixed ASAP before something else fails

big tone
19-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I have the clutch out and tested this morning it's fine. Bearing is fine. Put it all back in and has same symptoms.
There was enough fluid and Honda mtf was used.
When we drained the box the fluid czme out like antiseis :( so something has let go inside the box.
It has has had a hard life the past 4 years. All I can do now is pull it out again crack it open and check everything.

na-118
19-10-2010, 10:12 PM
just get a replacement box if theres signs of metals,