PDA

View Full Version : Biggest tires on stock steelies?

hayashi_1986
19-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Heya All,

Just wanting some advice. What''re the biggest tires I can fit on 4x100 steelies without bulging walls? :confused:

Cheers!

vinnY
19-10-2010, 11:55 AM
what width are the steelies?

hayashi_1986
19-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey bud, they're 14" x 5".

GenesisEG
19-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Is there any particular reason you want to know this?

Unless you are aiming for a particular look, I'd probably suggest looking more into tyre brands and models than sizes. Putting oversized tyres on small wheels won't help you as much as putting the correct size tyres that are of a good quality. In fact, the further you stray from the correct size, the more chance there is of something going wrong, especially with a wheel as small as 14". With such a large side-wall, the potential for flex is immense. It'll suck for handling, since the side-g's are virtually ripping the tyres right off the wheels.

hayashi_1986
19-10-2010, 06:38 PM
You make a good point. I'm just looking for the biggest size that'll fit without any issues later down the track. Looking to get rid of my other wheels (RnR replicas) since I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment and need new tires. Figured the only way I can do it is if I revert back to stock steelies n' sell the other ones to buy new tires. More a monetary thing than anything else really.

GenesisEG
19-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Just go back to average tyres then. If you waste money trying to deck out your steelies, then when you can afford good rims, you'll have wasted money on useless tyres.