PDA

View Full Version : Is it gonna work ????????

Lex_via
19-10-2010, 10:22 PM
can any1 advise, if i want to add amp for the speakers (factory standard) would i get better sound quality :confused: ? or i need to change the speakers ?and also does any1 know about the speakers +tweeters specs ?

beback
20-10-2010, 09:17 PM
U would def get better quality from external amp, but the problem is more like 'how much improvement would a single external amp make?'- not much if you are sticking to the factory speakers, they are most likely equal/below entry levels speakers in the market

So if you are after a real improvement in sound quality, CHANGE THE SPEAKERS!!!

Put it in simple terms, the big three components in car sound system will contribute as follows: Speakers 5/10, Amp 3/10, Headunit 2/10, of course they are other factors like sound isolation, calibration, quality of installation, quality of cables etc etc, but you get the point.

For the speakers+tweeters spec, Firstly you should know will be " what are the sizes of your car's speakers?" they are most likely to be 6.5 inch now days but better make sure before you make you pruchase decision. Secondly "if there any tweeters already in the car?" if so try to take them out and measure the space, most tweeters are in the same size however crossover comes in different sizes and shapes, make sure the ones you are buying could fit directly into the holes otherwise some custom installation works may be involved.

After that try ebay..google...etc to check out the best deal you want.

Hope it helps

Lex_via
20-10-2010, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=beback;2877258]

Thanks for ur advise, i 've got another question : if i'd like to change the speaker as u've suggested, 6.5" 2 way it's that okey ??
or coz i dont want to change the base it will look bad :(

Cheers

beback
20-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Most of the widely available quality speakers are in 6.5'' now days as they are the most commonly used size in modern vehicle, 2 way, 3 way, 4 way doesn't necessary standard for quality differences, The way of speakers are refering to "the number of separate drivers to produce the range of frequencies"

For instant, The 3-way configuration incorporates a woofer for low frequencies, a tweeter for high frequencies and a mid-range driver. It is relavant to sound reproduction process but NOT NECESSARY THE SOUND QUALITY

It may sounds confused so I will put it this way, it is like buying a pizza, it is NOT the more meat/vege/whatsoever in it the better, it is the receipe of the pizza that matters. Each speaker producer has different 'receipe' for their range of speakers. So in order to determined the sound quality of a speaker, LISTEN TO IT if you have chance, otherwise do some digging in Google

Lex_via
21-10-2010, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=beback;2877356]

cool thanks again