PDA

View Full Version : QLD 2 Cars in the photo

Vvvtec
19-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I've heard somewhere that if there are two (or more) cars in the photo of a speeding ticket, you can't be fined? Is this true?

I just got my first ticket in the mail, and there is a Commodore in the lane on my left, and we are exactly side by side in the photo.

Thanks

tonyn
20-10-2010, 11:14 AM
From what I've heard, there's a laser that points to the speeding car when the picture is taken.. But I'm not 100% sure.

DCZ 18C
20-10-2010, 12:51 PM
suposably the speeding cameras can catch more then one person speeding now...... technology although awesome in most ways...... can also be a real bitch.. :(

lor012
20-10-2010, 03:29 PM
ive actually heard of quite a few people contesting this.
it just depends on how confident you are that you werent speeding.
a close friend of mine contested it and got the fine dropped because there was another car in the photo.
but his argument that he was on a road that you cant speed on and from where he pulled out from on the road he wouldnt have reached the speed they alleged rah rah...
your chances of getting it dropped also depend on your driving history.
but gl mate!

meatball
20-10-2010, 05:57 PM
were you racing the commodore with the teg?

newpaddy3
20-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Naughty naughty.

Go to the ACA website and re-watch some of their speeding fine contested videos.

That may give you an idea of how to approach this.

jks24
20-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Naughty naughty.

Go to the ACA website and re-watch some of their speeding fine contested videos.

That may give you an idea of how to approach this.

lol this is funny

worth a try though cause they always have stuff about speed cameras on those stupid shows..

Vvvtec
21-10-2010, 07:46 AM
were you racing the commodore with the teg?

I hope your joking.

I had my girlfriend, and sister and best friend in my civic driving to Australia Zoo for her birthday.

Vvvtec
21-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys. It does seem like a bit of a longshot, but I'm going to look into it abit more, and I'll be writing a letter to see what their respone is.

steeeven
21-10-2010, 12:30 PM
yeh i think the camera can get more then one person now not to sure though. hope it helps.

meatball
21-10-2010, 12:57 PM
hahah, just kidding :P

pure_na
21-10-2010, 12:59 PM
pretty sure the sensors tell the camera what lane the reading was coming from...considering theyve got cameras on the side of 4 lane freeways

newpaddy3
21-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I had my girlfriend, and sister and best friend in my civic driving to Australia Zoo for her birthday.

Sucks to be the people in the back seat lol.

So you sent a response off to them yet?

Vvvtec
21-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Not yet.

And there's heaps of room in the back of my civic man, 4 doors. It's spacious as in the back, even I have room and you know how tall I am. Plus, they're girls haha.

newpaddy3
21-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh what a baller.

Two cars.

Hahaha I'm just kidding man.

Yeah there's decent headspace in the back of that thing, but not so much leg space, it's managable but it's a squeeze. Well for me anyways.

Vvvtec
21-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Haha I really need to sell it!

Anyway, I'll see what I can do about this fine...

newpaddy3
21-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Should sell it, then say you sold it and wasn't you driving, then when they say: what about registration? You say the ****er musn't have transfered it yet. Win.

Please refer to disclosure in sig.

Thank you.

Dude my sig is like a get out of jail free card.

I'm gonna go break some guys legs for the **** of it because I'm a ****ing violent ****.

Vvvtec
21-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Gaol? Your American now?

Anyway keep this on topic.

newpaddy3
21-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I said jail.

And the only way you can get out of paying that fine is if you can somehow prove that:

A- The speeding camera is fualty.

B- The other person in the photo was speeding thus resulting in the speeding camera being faulty.

And that will only happen through the courts and there is a risk that you may not win your case and will be stuck will legal fees plus the fine.

How much is the fine and how many points will you lose?

TheSaint
23-10-2010, 12:21 AM
ive actually heard of quite a few people contesting this.
it just depends on how confident you are that you werent speeding.
a close friend of mine contested it and got the fine dropped because there was another car in the photo.
but his argument that he was on a road that you cant speed on and from where he pulled out from on the road he wouldnt have reached the speed they alleged rah rah...
your chances of getting it dropped also depend on your driving history.
but gl mate!

i tried to argue that to police when i had my accident - there is a 90deg (almost have to stop to go around it) corner than a 50m (maybe less) straight before the point of impact and they alleged i was doing almost 100km/h in a stock Dc2 VTIR

i went over and over with them pointing out that i would need a much more powerful car to do this - i even did some of the math for them

but they stubbornly wanted to charge the guy with the nicest car - douchebags

Riviera
23-10-2010, 07:38 AM
contest it bro, see all the hype on today tonight about busted cameras... lol judge will give u benefit of the doubt...

hisoka
26-10-2010, 09:56 AM
they have lines on the road.
whoever is on those lines when the photo snaps was the one speeding,
unless there is two cars both on seperate lines then they disregaurd it

DC2-PWR
26-10-2010, 10:36 AM
they have lines on the road.
whoever is on those lines when the photo snaps was the one speeding,
unless there is two cars both on seperate lines then they disregaurd it

+1 rep, hisoka must have a speed camera in his 180sx to know all this.

but hey read this

Wrongful Prosecutions?

John wrote to PoliceSpeedCameras for some assistance in January 2004.

I received an email from a gentleman (lets call him John for the story - real name with-held) who had received a speeding ticket and wanted to fight the infringement.

He believed that he wasn't speeding at the time he was snapped by a Multanova speed camera. At the time the photo was taken, there was another vehicle coming up on the inside lane.

I recommended that John take a look at the Multanova photograph at the old traffic office on Wellington Street, to see if there were two vehicles in the photo or just his car by itself.

If there were two vehicles in the photo his concerns were quite valid. You see the microwave emissions from a speed measuring device are not able to differentiate one vehicle from another when they are close together in adjacent lanes. Sure enough there were two vehicles in the frame.

Anyway, John was pretty steamed-up and with some encouragement, he took the matter to court representing himself.

During the case the Multanova photograph was produced and John pointed out to the magistrate that there were two vehicles in the photograph. The magistrate asked for a look at the photograph and commented to the prosecuting sergeant, "I thought that the police do not charge drivers if there are two vehicles in the photograph?" The sergeant replied, saying that he believed that the magistrate was right, and the case was adjourned.

Well John and I expected the police to withdraw the speeding charge, but that was not to be.

By this time John was feeling pretty down so I suggested that he not proceed any further by himself. I suggested that he go and see a very good solicitor that I know and tell him the story.

On the next court date John and the solicitor spoke to the prosecuting sergeant and offered not to pursue court costs if the flawed charge was withdrawn before court. dismissed. The police prosecuting section for some silly reason took a hard line and refused to drop the case.

Well, to cut a long story short, the police lost the case and the solicitors costs and Johns costs were awarded against the police. Ouch!@#! I'll bet that hurt them.
(As things have turned out, I couldn't have been more right!)

So the moral of the story is "Go and look at your photograph" and if there are two vehicle in the frame fight it!!!!! The police obviously didn't want to set a test case, but that is indeed what happened.

I feel sure that this is not an isolated incident and many people are being wrongly prosecuted, given the limitations of the technology.
SupportCrew

http://www.policespeedcameras.info/laws_wa.html

If you think you didn't speed bro just fight for it

hisoka
26-10-2010, 11:30 AM
i saw ure car jdmst last night, i took a photo and sending it to queensland transport. noise pollution

meatball
26-10-2010, 11:48 AM
i saw ure car jdmst last night, i took a photo and sending it to queensland transport. noise pollution

+1 rep, yes please do it.

DC2-PWR
27-10-2010, 12:37 PM

sorry then mr hks dragger II exhaust w/ t40z & screamer pipe guy :p

hisoka
27-10-2010, 04:33 PM
hks dragger gone mate, all custom tucked now boy~jdm you never understand ~

cazz'shonda
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Had an instance on Mt Gravatt Capalaba Road recently where I saw the radar and was doing bang on 60 by the GPS and some tosser in a Lancer sped by me setting off the camera. I haven't as yet, 2 months later received a fine notice so maybe there is either a pointer on their original photo or it's at the discretion of the on-board operator, as long as he/she is paying attention.