PDA

View Full Version : Installing Headlights

--drew--
21-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Decided to attempt to install my new depo black housing headlights for my eg today. All was going good till i came across the obstacle of putting the HID globe back in and securing it. I find it too finicky to do it by myself.

Would anyone care to shed some light as to how i would secure the wire that holds the hid globe in place? Preferrably someone who knows there way around an eg or has done alot of work on them. If someone could come round that would be a bonus and a reward will be granted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and yes, im not that great around my car but there is always room to learn.

Thanks,
Drew

vinnY
21-10-2010, 12:53 PM
the stiff paperclip like thing?
it's held to the headlight with a screw and it clips on to another part of the headlight itself
take a look at your old headlights, should be the same setup

--drew--
21-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I know it clips onto the inside of the headlight its just i can't seem to get it clipped down as there is all the wiring in the way and caps in the way from my HID's.

vinnY
21-10-2010, 01:21 PM
that rubber cap that helps keep the wiring in place? should be able to move that down the harness a bit, enough to clip down the bulb and you just move it back up again
no easy way about it unfortunately, unless you shrink your hands

najdi
21-10-2010, 10:02 PM
cable ties ftw ? l0l just fiddle around with it man..move it up and down side to side sometimes there a bitch to lock under

--drew--
23-10-2010, 12:47 AM
managed to get the right one back in place. now for the left. only way ill be able to do it is drain the power steering fluid and remove the bottle and hoses otherwise its too cramped.

vinnY
23-10-2010, 12:51 AM
just pull up on the reservoir and out of the mount bracket, unclip the side hose and move it back towards the firewall

anzai
23-10-2010, 10:44 PM
i had the same problem with that clip thingy on my ek depo headlights, i found that the bit that is meant to sit behind the plastic on the housing was too long, so i cut it a bit and it fits in perfectly.

--drew--
24-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Well finally got the bulbs clipped back into place. Took me about 30 mins to get the left side back in. Didn't end up draining the fluid from the power steering. Too much hassle. just moved it out of the way as far as i could and fiddled around. Thanks for the help guys.