PDA

View Full Version : Need help with installing headlights

Nervegas
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
its ridicules i know, but i need help with chaning my low beams on my accord, there the h4's and as i move back the rubber casing, i see like a metal clip thing. how do i remove the complete bulb?
i need as much and as detailed intruct's as possible plz, don't say refer to car manual as i don't have one when i bought the car (2nd hand)

ECU-MAN
10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
step
.5 unplug connector from glob
1 find metal clip behind rubber grommit
2 push it in and down so it unclips.
3 pull the clip outwards towards yo self
4 holding the metal part of the globe remove it from the hrad lamp assy.
5 open that packaging of your new globe, only touch the metal bit of you rglobe, do not touch the glass part.
6 install in revers order to removal.

REV888
10-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I have the same issue with my Euro wanted to change my low beams got all the way untill the pulling out part of the bulb but had to stop.

Just did not want to stuff anything up.

Will have to wait until my 1000km service and will leave it to the pros :D

ixl1007
26-01-2005, 03:53 AM
Hiya Rev888,
I have read quite a few negative comments in this forum regarding the LOW beams in the Honda Accord Euro Luxury and people wanting to change them. Now I will be purchasing my Euro luxury in the next few weeks, just asking, should I request the dealership change the low beams to something like the OSRAM50+ etc right from the outset, when purchasing??? I appreciate the Dealership will make EXTRA $$$ for doing this.

euro77
26-01-2005, 11:09 AM
The low beam for Euro Luxury is HID, I don't think OSRAM50+ is HID???

viperx
26-01-2005, 03:22 PM
no i think hes talking about the more expensive bulbs, not HID

ixl your car comes with high intensity discharge lamps for low beam, not halogens like the one from the standard euro. the comments from before are not applicable to you...

stephen8512
26-01-2005, 04:03 PM
how good are the low beams on the EURO with HID's?

ixl1007
26-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Sorry Guys I thought there was a problem with the Honda Euro Lux low beams...I am about to buy one and just wanted to BE prepared for any upcoming upgrades

ABS121
27-01-2005, 12:49 PM
The Euro Luxuries HID's are some of the brightest on the market regardless of Make or Model, Just read WHEELS magazine Car of the Year issue 2004.

When it comes to current lighting technology for cars, you couldnt ask for more.

When I picked my car up I drove it down through picton road near wollongong , which is pitch dark with no town or street lights for miles, and they turned night into day turn on your high beams and fog lights and its crazy.