PDA

View Full Version : DIY coilover instructionn fd2

rcfd2civic
21-10-2010, 09:57 PM
hi guys,does anyone know any diy instruction on how to fit coilovers on 08 fd2 civic?? thanks in advance guys;)

nicwan8
24-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Haven't done it on my stock fd2, but done it many various Toyota; concept is the same

1) Jack the car up on put on stands
2) Remove all wheels
3) Remove the brake calipers (hook it to somewhere - don't let it hanging), and disc rotors
4) Remove the hubs (2 nuts) that holds the hubs to the struts
5) Unmount the brake line that is connects to the struts
6) Unbolt the strut top nuts
7) Measure the new coilover height with your stock struts
8) Do the reverse
9) Double check all nuts and bolts are tighten
10) Get wheel alignment and professionally height adjusted

All Done!

p/s: while you are doing up your suspension, clean brake line exteriors and check for leaks.

rcfd2civic
24-10-2010, 09:49 PM
cheers mate.. ill give it a go once i get my coilovers. =u planning of changing yours??

Riced_Civic
25-10-2010, 09:03 AM
its pretty easy, my mate did his him self and it was the 1st time hes ever got under a car.

nicwan8
25-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Nah...keeping my car stock due to warranty till 2014

also...I know if I start the smallest mod, I will never stop :(

curtis265
25-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I know this isn't exactly helpful, but keep this in mind

Keep in mind - should something go wrong with one of the suspension components, you have a very dangerous situation, and i highly doubt insurance will cover you if it wasn't done professionally.

IMO get a mechanic or mechanic mate to do it for you, show you how until you have confidence in yourself...

and how is your FD2 JDM??

nicwan8
25-10-2010, 11:13 AM
I know this isn't exactly helpful, but keep this in mind

Keep in mind - should something go wrong with one of the suspension components, you have a very dangerous situation, and i highly doubt insurance will cover you if it wasn't done professionally.

IMO get a mechanic or mechanic mate to do it for you, show you how until you have confidence in yourself...

and how is your FD2 JDM??

Totally agree with you. Only do it if you are confident. But you are still going to DIY; a few tips that I always keep in mind

1) Have a tray/plastic container for each wheel. Make sure it's empty when you put back the suspension. Every single nut, bolt, washer must not appear in the container when completed
2) Take pictures if it gets too complicated. This helps when putting back the part
3) Always use the correct tool. 1mm differences on tools measurement sometimes makes a big difference once assembled
4) Double check all nuts and bolts are tighten once assembled.
5) Make sure whatever change in your car is the same at end with the end. I.e: If the wheel don't shake left to right BEFORE modifications; it should not shake left to right AFTER modifications

rcfd2civic
26-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestion guys! Yeah ill prob hav to get it done by the Mech.
Ill post up some pics soon. Cheers!