PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Civic.. Inexpensive ways to make it nice?

ind1
23-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Well I'm happy with my first car. Isn't a hatch or coupe.. Its a 4 door sedan lol. Honda Civic GLI, 2000 model..

Now the car is stock.. I know you can get rims and other expensive things to make cars look amazing, but what can I get to give it a little kick to make it look nice without spending thousands more?

I mean small, inexpensive things which stand out from the rest and make it look nice.

The interior is quite boring and plain. Any cool tips to brighten the dullness of it a bit?

Having a look around at some mugen things and what not, but just thought I'd ask if theres anything in particular that I haven't looked at yet.

Ty

Edit (Found a pic my brother saved to computer):

http://i51.tinypic.com/104gj9w.jpg

lsvtec
23-10-2010, 06:20 PM
if i may ask, how much did u pay for this car?

ind1
23-10-2010, 06:25 PM
I will ask mum soon.. How much we should have paid you reckon? Idk.. Have to call her soon..

I added a pic.. Does it look ok?

SajadEG
23-10-2010, 06:41 PM
what model? colour?

have a look around cos there is some affordable shit out there...like u can get some decent rims with rubber for about $400, add another 300 or so for some lowered springs and ur set

performance wise, cheap would be getting an air filter (car will sound nice and rev freely) or some headers

describe the car a bit more and well be able to point u in the right direction

ind1
23-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh wtf must of deleted that part out of my original post.. -.-

Its a 2000 GLI, 4-door sedan..

Would I be able to make it look something like this?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1630/dscn1955uh6.jpg

SajadEG
23-10-2010, 07:02 PM
absofruitely! minus the spoiler and add some dumpage

oh just seen ur pic...nice wheels just needs some lowering

wat size rims btw?

ind1
23-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Ey,

Whats dumpage btw?

Rims are 16".. Wheres a good place to lower and how much would I be lookin at you reckon?

anzai
23-10-2010, 09:07 PM
dumpage: moar lows.

son you have a lot to learn! ;)

tylerjames
24-10-2010, 12:30 AM
$270-$300 = look at lowering springs, (not too much otherwise you'll have to worry about changing shocks etc)
$50 - colour coding your door trims (and possibly side skirt).
$150-$250 - tint
$20-$30 - throw over seat covers
a few other overnight parts from japan.
just put it on your tab at harrys.

jks24
24-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I dont suggest you look at Mugen parts if you want to make it nice in an inexpensive way.

Nice first car though dude its a good daily driver. If it was mine I would leave it how it is now :)

FK-1337
24-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Where about are you located?

Whatever you do in regards to lowering your car, do not chop your springs! Very unsafe and can cause severe damages to you, your car and others who are around you!

Well imo you can start lowering your car professionally, from there you can get a cheap sports exhaust and say no to cannons. Lol.
Diy ek9 head lights? (With these, I recommend use night shades instead of acryiic spray on paint, it will turn out more legit), colour coded (as previous post), rear lip?
DIY ek9 grill (30mins job).

Interior, grab those rubber anti slip thing for your consoles, there is a diy here which looks good and costs less than $10!
Diy door trims to suede or any of your choice, seat covers? And maybe a decent sound system? :)

That's all from on top of my head haha.

Good luck! And maybe you should start a build thread!!

ind1
24-10-2010, 10:59 AM
$270-$300 = look at lowering springs, (not too much otherwise you'll have to worry about changing shocks etc)
$50 - colour coding your door trims (and possibly side skirt).
$150-$250 - tint
$20-$30 - throw over seat covers
a few other overnight parts from japan.
just put it on your tab at harrys.

Thanks for that man! Thats exactly what I was after :)

@Jks24,

Yeah thats probably good idea. Thanks mate.

@FK-1337,

I'm located in Melbourne. Lol I don't plan on chopping anything.. Hoping to learn a lot from this car without massacring it ;) Awesome post thanks a lot man. Will have a look into the things you mentioned.

Mugen Civic
25-10-2010, 08:25 AM
i reckon u could start with color coding everything and also get a rear lip, then you'll have a full lip kit on that car.
Then type r grill it.

should be wat less than thousands...

Riced_Civic
25-10-2010, 09:44 AM
if u DIY painting and buy replica lip kit should be less than 300 to 400

Oz_Striker
25-10-2010, 04:58 PM
i'd get everything other people have sugested, for the rear lip i'd get an access lip like this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?120635-JDM-Mugen-inspired-EK-sedan...-in-progress-pics&highlight=access+lip). Maybe an ek9 style shift boot and a new gear knob like a skunk2, i have them and they go well together, looks good and is a fairly cheap little mod. Maybe some headers as previously said, and also as previously said i probly wouldn't look at Mugen mate if your on a budget, it's expensive gear. just don't get clear altezza tail lights and you'll be right ;)

SajadEG
25-10-2010, 06:41 PM
It all comes down to taste mate, if i had your car i'd look at suspension next for a dramatic change rather than some exterior mods. You car with the current wheel setup will look heaps better lowered.
Look around eBay, gumtree and this site for some bargain springs

ind1
25-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all the posts. :)

^SajadEG,

What springs should I be looking at on eBay? I typed in "Honda Civic springs" and received a few results. Just those, or?

Thanks

SajadEG
25-10-2010, 10:54 PM
King Springs, Pedders, Teins, JDM Lowering springs but generally ones that are in good condition and havent been overused or chopped.

Alternatively u can buy them brand new for about $350 (kings) and get them installed for an additional cost or go pedders and get the whole thing done for $600

mugen_ctr
26-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Try an get most of ur parts from usa now.. with our currency as it is, nows the time 2 buy, shipping mite be a killa, but sure hell beats paying more here than say in the states

julian_s13
26-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Like someone else has already said ek9 grill.

ind1
27-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for responses guys.

Just got my car today.. Absolutely love it.. :D