PDA

View Full Version : stock type r vs stock wrx99

adam_jdmHEAD
24-10-2010, 06:16 PM
what would be the quicker car and what would you prefer

DLO01
24-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Would be close. Equal drivers, WRX off the line and ITR keep up with it on the fly.

noobcake
24-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Surely a 99 WRX would be quicker due to AWD format from a stand still point, i heard a DC2R handles like a dream and it can keep up with wrx's (track wise)

Mikecivic78
24-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Surely a 99 WRX would be quicker due to AWD format from a stand still point, i heard a DC2R handles like a dream and it can keep up with wrx's (track wise)

Like Deano said, AWD Subie will be quick off the mark in a drag race but DC2r will catch it as soon as Vtec kicks in. DC2r can hold a gear for longer and an experienced driver will be able to match the GC8 Subie.

Personally I would be happy with either car. They are both about the same to insure (not cheap mind you). Subaru has 4-door practicality, has a soft stock ride and responds well to mods. Type R has a hard ride and isnt ideally suited to daily driving, even though it can be used as a daily. Integra has the 2dr coupe style factor. Mods wise you will be paying top dollar per HP compared to GC8.

Handling wise the GC8 is a soft understeerer, while DC2r is a great handler out of the box.

89lude
24-10-2010, 08:34 PM
my b18c5 eh didnt have a problem racing a 99wrx off the line. pretty sure the sedan weighs close to the itr too for comparison. but if you're talking about an sti, then the itr will be in trouble.

l__i__l
24-10-2010, 08:56 PM
In a straight line mate the wrx will put the dc2r to shame

I mean look at the stats;

Gc8f
206 kw
1270kg
p/w: 0.16kw/kg

dc2r
141kw
1087kg
p/w:0.13kw/kg

on a track itll be the reverse

id take the wrx im a trafficlight warrior

Mikecivic78
24-10-2010, 09:20 PM
In a straight line mate the wrx will put the dc2r to shame

I mean look at the stats;

Gc8f
206 kw
1270kg
p/w: 0.16kw/kg

dc2r
141kw
1087kg
p/w:0.13kw/kg

on a track itll be the reverse

id take the wrx im a trafficlight warrior

We are talking about a regular WRX (160kw), not an sti (206kw).

0-100 times for both Integra and WRX are roughly the same.

burak213
24-10-2010, 10:09 PM
i myself prefer the dc2r over the gc8

i have driven both

and i must say sitting in the dc2r you feel the road the steering has much more feed back. The gear box is superb, can take a beating meaning more enjoyable drive and more rewarding when you get it right.

The gc8 has great acceleration, great torque and when you give it, it puts you in your seat. makes the car seem so much faster but in reality the dc2r will keep up if not beat in a straight line. the ride in the gc8 feels soft the gearbox isnt has fast as the dc2r and it has a problem with torque before the turbo kicks in

i dont notice any lag in the dc2r before vtec kicks in, can drive it fine in traffic i think that is meant for the slower less powerful hondas (example civics where torque down low is a problem)

just my opinion

dc2r-0636
24-10-2010, 11:12 PM
A standard wrx only pulls around 90-95kw at the wheels. All wheel drive lose power. Where as stock dc2r is similar.. abit more tho in some cases

Euro08Jaz
24-10-2010, 11:34 PM
would turbo lag be a factor?

EVLGTR
24-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Somehow im sensing an inevitable drag race out of ones curiousity......don't do it on the street boys (and girls)

Wez_R
25-10-2010, 11:39 AM
iv raced my brother in his 03' sti

i launched and he didn't and we stayed next to eachother most of the way but soon as we got to 140+ he was gaining slowly but i have a dc5r

dc2r-0636
25-10-2010, 11:40 AM
well this is sought of an indication.. i got a 'wheels' car magazine from 2006 where they test the 2006 wrx. (2.5litre 169kw and 320nm) weighs 1415kg
its 0-100kph - 6.6secs
0-400m - 14.6secs

i ran my stock dc2r at heathcote and got a 14.6 quarter mile too so they are the same stock

Wez_R
25-10-2010, 11:59 AM
well this is sought of an indication.. i got a 'wheels' car magazine from 2006 where they test the 2006 wrx. (2.5litre 169kw and 320nm) weighs 1415kg
its 0-100kph - 6.6secs
0-400m - 14.6secs

i ran my stock dc2r at heathcote and got a 14.6 quarter mile too so they are the same stock

don't you have a poddy and didn't you have street slicks on? lol

dc2r-0636
25-10-2010, 12:15 PM
don't you have a poddy and didn't you have street slicks on? lol

lol poddy doesnt do shit, just sound. i had toyo r1r's on. not really semi slicks, more road

eNGee
25-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Somehow im sensing an inevitable drag race out of ones curiousity......don't do it on the street boys (and girls)

too late... hehe

WRX ftw.

michaelz
25-10-2010, 01:30 PM
if you watch best motoring. they've had plenty of comparisons like this in the late 90s and early 00s with the said models.

the DC2R will outrun a 99 WRX every single time @ Tsukuba.

pure straight line speed the WRX will beat a R easily even with someone who can't shift but once we get to the corners the lighter and better handling R will walk away.

i've got a 2000 issue of motor mag that has this exact comparison. i think the conclusion was something like "rexy will be quicker on the straights but we prefer the type R for it's best all round package."

EVLGTR
25-10-2010, 11:15 PM
too late... hehe

WRX ftw.

Fair enough, but you do that (drag) on the street you're in for a treat

alot of '99 WRX arent quiet stock out there

GSi_PSi
26-10-2010, 11:05 AM
people that dont know how to launch a wrx properly will lose in drag or if they are scared to damage the box on them (which are ridiculously weak, my cousin replaced his gearbox 3 times due to breaking )

noobcake
29-10-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJx3YeR5SL4&feature=related

Wrx vs the dc2

GSi_PSi
30-10-2010, 08:08 PM
^ thats a WRX STi Type-R btw

Wez_R
30-10-2010, 09:52 PM
No way a standard wrx would beat a ITR around the track

Mikecivic78
30-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Turbolag can be annoying on a WRX. It's kinda gutless when it's off boost. You can always launch it well from standtill, but it's annoying in busy traffic. It's worse on the STi.

7ypeR
31-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Stock for stock, Dc2R is an easy pick. As a base platform for street speed, you'd have to take the WRX. Even with basic STI turbo bolt-on, the Subie will run around 110mph+ depending mods etc. Most Hondas barely reach the 100mph mark with basic bolt-ons. To put it into perspective, you're looking at approx 3-4 car lengths over a standing qtr.

cyber_scriber
06-11-2010, 10:38 PM
No surprises that on a Honda forum, most of us put on those rose coloured glasses and declare the Integra to be the faster car.

Unfortunately, I don't think rose coloured glasses are very clear to see through!

Let's specifically answer the question - which is quicker, a stock Type R or a stock 1999 WRX?

If you mean quicker in a straight line, assuming all things are equal (equal driver skill, equal good launch, both cars in stock and good mechanical condition, tested on same day in same conditions etc), a WRX should almost always out accelerate a Type R in a 0-100klm/h race.

Big revs, dump the clutch and the WRX will shoot off the line, leaving the Type R behind.

1999 WRXs are consistently rated in the low 6 second and even high 5 second range for the 0-100 dash. Stock Type Rs are not.

If you mean quicker as in quicker through the corners on the circuit, well, the Type R will reverse a lot of the deficit with its light weight and less under steering handling.

However, when most people ask which car is quicker, they usually mean in a straight line. I'm afraid to say that the WRX gets the nod here.

Wez_R
07-11-2010, 12:22 AM
No surprises that on a Honda forum, most of us put on those rose coloured glasses and declare the Integra to be the faster car.

Unfortunately, I don't think rose coloured glasses are very clear to see through!.

Did you even read other peoples post?

Mostly everyone is stating that the WRX will beat the ITR in a straight line.

cyber_scriber
07-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Did you even read other peoples post?

Mostly everyone is stating that the WRX will beat the ITR in a straight line.

I sure did!

"DC2r will catch it as soon as Vtec kicks in"

"my b18c5 eh didnt have a problem racing a 99wrx off the line"

"0-100 times for both Integra and WRX are roughly the same"

"in reality the dc2r will keep up if not beat in a straight line"

"they are the same stock"

"Stock for stock, Dc2R is an easy pick"

Maybe we've been reading different threads? ;)

Wez_R
07-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I sure did!

lol i must have mis read your post i was drinking last night i read over it twice and still couldnt get it haha

AE092
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I sure did!

Fkn awesome reply!

mrntegra
08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
having owned a my98 wrx and driven numourous dc2 type r's before i brought my wrx i would have to say the wrx would beat the type r everytime.. only time the type r would keep up is on the track around corners!

my wrx ended up with a 160+kw at wheels and was an absolutely bitch to drive under 3k as there was nothing at all(vf-23 & 14psi boost helps that) and after a while the gear box's stuff up :-(

I now drive a dc5 type S and my mates 98 wrx launch's but then i catch him as soon as i hit vtec in second... (but thats comparing 2 different cars as to what was stated in opening post)

Mikecivic78
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Like I've said before, you can't say one's faster than the other. Stock for stock, they are the same 0-100. Only problem is, there are no stock 99 GC8s around anymore, so I bet all you guys that say GC8 is quicker are talking about modified GC8s..

NightKids
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
The dude with the awesome reply claims that a stock WRX can do high 5s? Absolutely absurd...

His prob gonna say it's some Jap spec version and then the fan boys will start talking about their JDM Type Rs, this is never gonna end!

Wez_R
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
The dude with the awesome reply claims that a stock WRX can do high 5s? Absolutely absurd...

His prob gonna say it's some Jap spec version and then the fan boys will start talking about their JDM Type Rs, this is never gonna end!

lol this is true^

cyber_scriber
08-11-2010, 09:21 PM

Yes, I have to agree with you completely NightKids.

Wheels, Motor, Drive and Autospeed are all absurd publications.

How dare they test an Aussie spec MY99 WRX and prove us (actually, you) wrong:

"The cars comprised a bog standard MY99 WRX with 14,000km on the clock. Our best 0-100 km/h time for the standard car was 5.71 secs."

"Wheels have recorded a 5.8 sec 0-100 in the MY98. Motor rate the MY99 at 5.91".

"Note the standard MY98 runs a turbo pressure of 12.76 psi (0.88 Bar) whilst the MY99 standard boost is set to 13.6 psi or 0.94 Bar. Also of interest is that Wheels normally test with a full tank and single passenger aboard, while Motor tests with half a tank and only the driver aboard. This extra weight does make a difference!"
http://autospeed.com.au/cms/A_0396/printArticle.html

"The WRX gets annual upgrades to its specification and the latest takes it to model year 1999, from which it gets its MY99 designation. Anything more than a semi-serious squirt of the throttle pins the driver back in the seat and leaves other cars behind. Find another car costing less than $100,000 that will accelerate to 100kmh in less than six seconds and you're doing well."
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-car-reviews/the-joker-runs-wild-20100824-13ng8.html

Absolutely absurd - I agree!

NightKids
08-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Relax man I was just being sarcastic, now you know what it feels like to have a taste of your own medicine... lol

nvmee
08-11-2010, 09:39 PM
lolol its funny how you guys sayif the wrx didnt hit turbo then it would be gutless, well thats the same as vtec LOL

type r handles better, yeah like u are going to turn that fast on the street anywais

cyber_scriber
08-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Relax man I was just being sarcastic, now you know what it feels like to have a taste of your own medicine... lol

???

I am relaxed! Especially when it comes to showing that you were wrong - sarcastic or not ;)

But we digress. Back on topic.

So we basically have several reputable motoring organisations repeatedly confirming that a MY99 WRX is capable of high 5's to 100klm/h.

I think that pretty much answers the original question, unless someone knows of similar motoring organisations consistently recording better than high 5's for stock Type R's.

And I agree with you nvmee. Fan boys love to critique "turbo lag" but seem to remain deafeningly silent on the issue of "vtec lag", which isn't cured until around 5,500rpm+.

nvmee
08-11-2010, 10:02 PM
people always complain about the gearboxes for wrx....yes they are weak if u hammer them week in week out, but I have seen my fair share of posts of the forums of people breaking their boxes/motors with hondas too (fanboys make it as if they are unbreakable)

if you ever look at honda, they make shit boxes too. A few examples of this is the D series (bearing issues) and the 99 automatic accords ( begins to shutter after 120,000kms, semi auto prelude boxes break often too ( why else is everyone trying to rid their auto preludes after 100,000kms.

keep in mind ( D series ) and also accords arent exactly sports cars so why would they break so easily? ( i dont hear anyone complaining about shit honda boxes)

oh i just remembered that the tiptronic for the jazzes **** up over time as well ...... sorry fan boys, sometimes its frustrating.

Mikecivic78
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM

"The cars comprised a bog standard MY99 WRX with 14,000km on the clock. Our best 0-100 km/h time for the standard car was 5.71 secs."

"Wheels have recorded a 5.8 sec 0-100 in the MY98. Motor rate the MY99 at 5.91".

"Note the standard MY98 runs a turbo pressure of 12.76 psi (0.88 Bar) whilst the MY99 standard boost is set to 13.6 psi or 0.94 Bar. Also of interest is that Wheels normally test with a full tank and single passenger aboard, while Motor tests with half a tank and only the driver aboard. This extra weight does make a difference!"

"The WRX gets annual upgrades to its specification and the latest takes it to model year 1999, from which it gets its MY99 designation. Anything more than a semi-serious squirt of the throttle pins the driver back in the seat and leaves other cars behind. Find another car costing less than $100,000 that will accelerate to 100kmh in less than six seconds and you're doing well."
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/used-car-reviews/the-joker-runs-wild-20100824-13ng8.html

I stand corrected. I thought the number was close to 6.6 for 0-100.

And WRX gearboxes aren't that weak. JUst like a Honda box, if you mistreat the box it will fail however, as will extracting too much power out of the engine through increased boost..

NightKids
08-11-2010, 10:52 PM
???

I am relaxed! Especially when it comes to showing that you were wrong - sarcastic or not ;)

But we digress. Back on topic.

So we basically have several reputable motoring organisations repeatedly confirming that a MY99 WRX is capable of high 5's to 100klm/h.

I think that pretty much answers the original question, unless someone knows of similar motoring organisations consistently recording better than high 5's for stock Type R's.

And I agree with you nvmee. Fan boys love to critique "turbo lag" but seem to remain deafeningly silent on the issue of "vtec lag", which isn't cured until around 5,500rpm+.

If anyone can run high 5s in a stock Rex in real life we woulda heard about it by now instead of you bringing these 'reputable' organisations in.

So overall we can confirm that the Type R will beat a WRX around the track and a stock Rex can run high 5s after a professional drives it and but left with a broken gearbox.

THE END.

NightKids
08-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I stand corrected. I thought the number was close to 6.6 for 0-100.

And WRX gearboxes aren't that weak. JUst like a Honda box, if you mistreat the box it will fail however, as will extracting too much power out of the engine through increased boost..

If you're 'consistently' recording high 5s in a stock Rex then gearboxes will be broken...

cyber_scriber
08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
If anyone can run high 5s in a stock Rex in real life we woulda heard about it by now instead of you bringing these 'reputable' organisations in.

So overall we can confirm that the Type R will beat a WRX around the track and a stock Rex can run high 5s after a professional drives it and but left with a broken gearbox.

THE END.

No sarcasm this time, NightKids? ;)

First, you state that it is impossible for a standard WRX to run high 5's - I quote, it's "absolutely absurd".

Then, when you are given objective, reputable and repeatable information that proves you are mistaken, you then run to the (predictable) and safe sanctuary of the WRX's gear box, only pro's can get this time etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it. You are either wrong, misinformed or in denial.

I also take it that you've rarely had a chance to launch a WRX. It's easy as pie - bounce it off the rev limiter, side step the clutch and away you go, regardless of whether you're a pro or just fully sik.

I've also had the opportunity to drive Integra VTI-Rs, Type Rs and Type S' and they were generally trickier to launch well compared with the WRX.

I love Hondas as much as you do but I'm not so oblivious to cold, hard numbers, nor am I under the mistaken assumption that nothing in a Honda breaks but everything in other car manufacturers crumble.

The moment we start thinking like that, we become fan bois ;) Sarcasm included ;)

EVLGTR
08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
@cyber_scriber: you do have a point there

Ive given up lining up against 99 WRX, whats the point if im going to get left behind. I love my DC2R too much

GSi_PSi
08-11-2010, 11:45 PM
WRX gearbox is weak as, my cousin went through 3, another mate went through 2 , he was scared to launch it after that.
Ive seen countless ITR's beating WRX's at the 1/4mile but they obviously not stock.
IMO for a FF N/A Integra Type-R's do pretty well against the AWD Turbo WRX, be it at the track or 1/4mile
so modded ITR will beat stock WRX in drag imo

NightKids
09-11-2010, 11:44 AM

First, you state that it is impossible for a standard WRX to run high 5's - I quote, it's "absolutely absurd".

Then, when you are given objective, reputable and repeatable information that proves you are mistaken, you then run to the (predictable) and safe sanctuary of the WRX's gear box, only pro's can get this time etc.

You can't have your cake and eat it. You are either wrong, misinformed or in denial.

I also take it that you've rarely had a chance to launch a WRX. It's easy as pie - bounce it off the rev limiter, side step the clutch and away you go, regardless of whether you're a pro or just fully sik.

I've also had the opportunity to drive Integra VTI-Rs, Type Rs and Type S' and they were generally trickier to launch well compared with the WRX.

I love Hondas as much as you do but I'm not so oblivious to cold, hard numbers, nor am I under the mistaken assumption that nothing in a Honda breaks but everything in other car manufacturers crumble.

The moment we start thinking like that, we become fan bois ;) Sarcasm included ;)

OK come back here when you can get under 6 seconds in a stock MY99. Post video too plz.

Sarcasm included too.

raffyboy
09-11-2010, 12:07 PM
WTFace no more bitching for me i will choose the dc2r because of the quality and the enjoyment you will get catching wrx on track hahaha - IN! before close thread

NightKids
09-11-2010, 03:25 PM
WTFace no more bitching for me i will choose the dc2r because of the quality and the enjoyment you will get catching wrx on track hahaha - IN! before close thread

This man speaks the absolute truth! No more bitchin', if you wanna go fast in a straight line get a VL Churb0...

Thread may offically be closed now...

act_gooner
09-11-2010, 04:27 PM
WRX's are every second car on the road too. DC2R's are rare in comparison to most Japanese sports cars.

nvmee
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
obviously he hasnt been to liverpool, specifically cabramatta. u see idiots with number plates like illest, cool, vtc247, vtec, vtak, vttak (total face palm) -_- with their squeely exhausts and hitting vtec to get onto cumberland hwy.

dont get me wrong, i love my hondas but i hate it when majority of vtec owners are straight line warriors and its only when they lose they go " RACE ME ON THE TRACK THEN"

EVLGTR
09-11-2010, 06:57 PM
ROFL @ "Ive lost in a straight line at the lights, now lets take it to the race track" - you probably wouldnt be seeing that dude in a WRX in the next 10 years

twelve
09-11-2010, 07:14 PM
might point out guys that a lot of the time the factory 0-100 times are based on a formula. They dont always reflect the actual times that can be done, driver influence is massive.

Motorbikes are much the same, my r6 is claimed to get to 100 in something like 3.3 secs but this is based on the formula of a 90kw bike being ridden by a 60kw man (for example), generally this is not going to occur!

quangsuke
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I sure did!

classic =D

NightKids
09-11-2010, 09:29 PM

Now this is classic and this man is a legend...

Indie
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Hm. DC2R for looks, but you can't go past AWD...

cyber_scriber
09-11-2010, 10:36 PM
OK come back here when you can get under 6 seconds in a stock MY99. Post video too plz.

You come up with some very illogical arguments!

Why would I have to go out and personally get under 6 seconds in a stock My99 WRX when this has been repeatedly and consistently achieved by different and independent motoring journalists?!

In case you didn't read it (or chose to ignore it) the first time:

Autospeed - Bog standard MY99 in 5.71 seconds.

Motor Magazine - Bog standard MY99 in 5.91 seconds.

Wheels Magazine - Bog standard MY98 in 5.8 seconds.

And what do we have here? Hello! It's another nail for your coffin - see the attached image.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/chargvn/ev2.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/chargvn/ev1.jpg

Sometimes you should quit when you're already a bit behind, rather than continuing on and looking even less credible.

This is the interweb and you wouldn't be the first guy that's been wrong on it.

I take my hat off to mikecivic78.

The moment he saw the facts comfirming the high 5 second time for the WRX, he put his hand up and was happy to be corrected.

You could learn a lot off him ;)

EVLGTR
09-11-2010, 11:28 PM
LOL Thats not good enough...can you find a 4 sec 0-100 ? ;)

GSi_PSi
09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
13.9 stock wrx? hmmmmmmm really? what does the STi Run then? 0-100 times? very interested

7ypeR
10-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Cyber Scriber...what a champion :D

curtis265
10-11-2010, 09:44 AM
might point out guys that a lot of the time the factory 0-100 times are based on a formula. They dont always reflect the actual times that can be done, driver influence is massive.

Motorbikes are much the same, my r6 is claimed to get to 100 in something like 3.3 secs but this is based on the formula of a 90kw bike being ridden by a 60kw man (for example), generally this is not going to occur!

omg, a 60 kW man?!!
he could bench hundreds of kg's!

NightKids
10-11-2010, 10:06 AM
You come up with some very illogical arguments!

Why would I have to go out and personally get under 6 seconds in a stock My99 WRX when this has been repeatedly and consistently achieved by different and independent motoring journalists?!

In case you didn't read it (or chose to ignore it) the first time:

Autospeed - Bog standard MY99 in 5.71 seconds.

Motor Magazine - Bog standard MY99 in 5.91 seconds.

Wheels Magazine - Bog standard MY98 in 5.8 seconds.

And what do we have here? Hello! It's another nail for your coffin - see the attached image.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/chargvn/ev2.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q113/chargvn/ev1.jpg

Sometimes you should quit when you're already a bit behind, rather than continuing on and looking even less credible.

This is the interweb and you wouldn't be the first guy that's been wrong on it.

I take my hat off to mikecivic78.

The moment he saw the facts comfirming the high 5 second time for the WRX, he put his hand up and was happy to be corrected.

You could learn a lot off him ;)

Please see attached image...

http://www.ihasafunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ihasafunny-calm-down.jpg

xtan
10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Beaten plenty of GC8's on the street off the lights and on freeway runs. I have pretty basic mods, intake/header/exhaust/lightpulley/lightfly etc. (no internals)

Know 2 different people who have blown their gc8 gearboxes as they are really weak and can't handle much.

ITR - much more race orientated, very stable at high speed corners when stock compared to gc8 stock.
GC8- understeer understeer... then snap oversteer = gg, for daily gc8 would be better imo, but i still love my itr.

Mikecivic78
10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Stock Subaru GC8 5.7 0-100 & 13.9 Quarter mile = impressive. The car lives up to its name.

Even though I've driven a few, I didn't realise that they are that quick.

Ugly as **** but awesome performance. Pity about the insurance premium however.

Still, ITR insurance can be more.

xtan
15-11-2010, 03:29 PM
you actually believe thats possible?
Trying pulling a low 14 in a stock gc8, perfect launch/shift.
My mate regularly goes drags (not a amature) had 200hp at 4wheels, got 14.0 at best.

It's only a claimed 13.9. Try getting a 5.7 0-100 lol probably blow the gearbox before you can finish the quartermile.

gc8 will always be more for insurance, the turbo factor > 2door coupe. Maybe your insurance costs differently in qld.

Don't get me wrong, i love both cars. But gc8's will never pull that stock.

seihoa
15-11-2010, 03:47 PM
WRX's are every second car on the road too. DC2R's are rare in comparison to most Japanese sports cars.

Are u sure ? I see heaps more dc2rs than wrx these days... Esp due to being a p platers car.

Stock wrx will beat a dc2r off the line. The people that have raced a wrx raced one that didnt bother launching.

Everyone knows awd launches will always smash rwd n fwd cars. Esp at the lights in the first 2 gears atleast. Which by then you would be slowing down.

Also who drives stock car on the road these days ? 90% of the time all the cars would have atleast an exhaust.

Mikecivic78
15-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Are u sure ? I see heaps more dc2rs than wrx these days... Esp due to being a p platers car.

Stock wrx will beat a dc2r off the line. The people that have raced a wrx raced one that didnt bother launching.

Everyone knows awd launches will always smash rwd n fwd cars. Esp at the lights in the first 2 gears atleast. Which by then you would be slowing down.

Also who drives stock car on the road these days ? 90% of the time all the cars would have atleast an exhaust.

Where do u live? I rarely see DC2Rs, while GC8s are a dime-a-dozen.

I agree Esp. with WRX, its pretty rare to find one without at least exhaust done.

Indie
15-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah, there are WRXs EVERYWHERE in Melbourne. The place is crawling with them. There are a few Type Rs around, but there would still be more WRX STis on the road than Type Rs. Seriously, WRXs and Skylines are EVERYWHERE. Shitload of Silvias, too. The rarest Japs around here would be the Evos and RX7s. When you see one of those on the freeway, you notice it.

p3akin
15-11-2010, 08:37 PM
evos are very very common in melb.. clean rx7s on the other hand.. rare

NightKids
15-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, there are WRXs EVERYWHERE in Melbourne.r The place is crawling with them. There are a few Type Rs around, but there would still be more WRX STis on the road than Type Rs. Seriously, WRXs and Skylines are EVERYWHERE. Shitload of Silvias, too. The rarest Japs around here would be the Evos and RX7s. When you see one of those on the freeway, you notice it.

There's Evos everywhere... STi's are way rarer....

Huge influx of Evo 7s these days, think it's cause they're only 20K or so making them pretty bang for buck...

dc2r-0636
15-11-2010, 10:08 PM
i have only seen two GC8 2 door WRX STi's 22B so they are heaps are! and go for ALOT

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=1&R=9595204&keywords=&trecs=3&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__sid=1174C42BBDD6&__Nne=15&__Qpb=true&seot=1&__N=1216%201282%204294963800%204294963801%20429493 0595&silo=1011

90LAN
15-11-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfp4zxs1gNY

heres your answer here

not biased magazines with manufacturers in their pockets

ive own both cars too
if you want to own a wrx has to be at least a sti

GSi_PSi
15-11-2010, 11:20 PM
mate thats because there is only like 500 of the 22b sti worldwide or something,
theres so many different kinds of wrx , wrx sti , wrx clubspec evo, wrx type-R, wrx 22b sti , i see daily around 5 wrx's in sydney, probly see 3 dc2r a week here

plus that 1/4 mile time is kinda shifty cause i recently talked with owner of a wrx sti which manages a 14 flat stock, and he said the sti is around the high 13 low 14 mark

dc2r-0636
16-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Yer exactly my point. Rare coz theres only 400 ever made

pure_na
16-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Yeah, there are WRXs EVERYWHERE in Melbourne. The place is crawling with them. There are a few Type Rs around, but there would still be more WRX STis on the road than Type Rs. Seriously, WRXs and Skylines are EVERYWHERE. Shitload of Silvias, too. The rarest Japs around here would be the Evos and RX7s. When you see one of those on the freeway, you notice it.

lol don't know where your from, evos are everywhere in melb, and i reckon outnumber sti's easily atm. you can't drive through the city at night without seeing one. rarest japs are the rx7s and supras. i have no idea why supras are rare because they seem to go fairly cheap, but i never see them. maybe they break :P.

dc2r-0636
16-11-2010, 10:03 AM
There are too many riced up ugly supras around that kill the image for the rest of them. Big arse body kits that have bad fitment on small wheels.. The clean nice ones are rare.

Indie
19-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Sorry mate, there's no way this is true, at least in Melbourne's south and east. There are Supras all over the place! And yeah, they're usually big balls of rice.

act_gooner
22-11-2010, 04:37 PM
In Canberra its more like 1 DC2R every couple of months. WRX, 3 or 4 a day, STI about 5 a week or something. Even STI's are common as these days.

Mikecivic78
22-11-2010, 05:16 PM
IMO it's pointless comparing the two cars as they are are so different. One thing they have in common is similar price, and they are both good bang for your buck.

tiah313
26-11-2010, 11:55 PM
http://www.hondaclub.lv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13346

has an artical of the above 2 cars

EVLGTR
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
know whats a better match on the other hand? DC5 Type-S/R vs GOLF GTI 2.0L turbo......both FF (and stock), seen a few having a go at each other lately

dc2r-0636
01-12-2010, 06:54 PM
gti has heaps of torque due to its turbo. but will be interesting. ive raced a few gti's and golf r32's honestly they dont go THAT hard

Tai
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Golfs are quite heavy cars