PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2004 price changes

Lacrosse19
10-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Euros rule , pitty Honda didn't advise when we bought ours in Dec that the 10% import luxury tax was being reduced to 5% .
No big deal ,who wants a full size spare (takes up too much room) and anyway I probably would have chucked the 17" wheels for the 18 inch ones anyway.
Would have been nice or polite by Honda to advise of the change.
They could possibly be challenged by people who bought close to the end of Dec if they were not told of the changes to importing laws ,as Honda would have known month's if not a year before hand.
Disclosure of changes known by the seller should have been the buyers option to use or at least be known of to make or influence a decision in purchasing so close to the end of the year.
My first 1,000 k service is tomorrow & I will challenge Honda on this point.

yfin
10-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Hey Welcome - we need to see some pics of the 18s.

Honda has no obligation to advise you of changes in revenue law. Nice, maybe. Polite, I guess. Otherwise it is caveat emptor my friend ( let the buyer beware).

Lacrosse19
10-01-2005, 10:58 PM
At least I will feel better having a chat with them re ,why didn't they at least let me know about 2005 changes and models.
Next time I will look before I leap.
No regrets the 2004 Euro is great.
Should have logged on to "OZHONDA" before I purchased. :wave:
I have posted a pic of the car in the "Gallery" under wheels, 18", Honda Accord ,Euro.
If you don't like the Giemax E-920's ,another style I would have put on is "Concept 9's" in a shadow chrome finish.
Not sure who makes Concept 9's ,I think ANZ ?
The concept 9's almost look "Audi" like 9 spokes going all the way to the edge just like the E-920's , the Concept 9's are cheaper than the Giemax.

Catcha
10-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Euros rule , pitty Honda didn't advise when we bought ours in Dec that the 10% import luxury tax was being reduced to 5% .
No big deal ,who wants a full size spare (takes up too much room) and anyway I probably would have chucked the 17" wheels for the 18 inch ones anyway.
Would have been nice or polite by Honda to advise of the change.
They could possibly be challenged by people who bought close to the end of Dec if they were not told of the changes to importing laws ,as Honda would have known month's if not a year before hand.
Disclosure of changes known by the seller should have been the buyers option to use or at least be known of to make or influence a decision in purchasing so close to the end of the year.
My first 1,000 k service is tomorrow & I will challenge Honda on this point.
Why bother? if they told you they won't be able to get rid of there 04 stock, you never asked, so they can argue they don't have to tell.

Like that place in melbourne that had the gozalas murder, whole family killed ( excuse the spelling ) some people brought it, but if they had known what had happend there of course not, real estate people said they never asked so they never told.

Like you i just brought my car in July 30, I knew the new model jazz was coming out, but at that time i needed a car, i'm gald i got the 04 model VTI-S as the 05 are well bit radical for me. But if like you i knew of the tax exemption, i would of held off, $700 difference between now and then.
But in the end it's a car, my honda dealer is great, everytime i get a service i get to borrow a car took the honda Insight for a drive today.
Some people are lucky to get runout models just got to be at the right place at the right time.

Lowenhart
11-01-2005, 02:36 AM
I signed up for a Euro in early Decemeber and they told me about the new 05 model and its changes.....so I waited for it......but don't worry you didn't miss out on much.

SeraphimX
11-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Euro requires luxury tax?? i thought only cars above 62k required a payment of that tax??

Pum[Z]
12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Lacrosse19: Which Honda dealer did u get ur euro from??

Wohooo another perth Euro owner...

Lacrosse19
12-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Perth Euro driver

Got it from "Prestige Honda" Melville

Pum[Z]
12-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Perth Euro driver

Got it from "Prestige Honda" Melville
Cool same place i got it from... About a month ago i was at Prestige Honda and i was already talking to them about the decrease in import tariffs by the government...

which salesman did u buy ur euro from?? Was it John Chen...

Lacrosse19
13-01-2005, 10:31 PM
']Cool same place i got it from... About a month ago i was at Prestige Honda and i was already talking to them about the decrease in import tariffs by the government...

I goy it from Peter ??? the Italian salesman no mention of reduced tarrifs.

Lacrosse19
13-01-2005, 10:35 PM
']Cool same place i got it from... About a month ago i was at Prestige Honda and i was already talking to them about the decrease in import tariffs by the government...

I goy it from Peter ??? the Italian salesman no mention of reduced tarrifs. :confused:

Type R Positive
14-01-2005, 11:24 AM
hehe! dodgy wog salesman!

You should have gone through Honda North and get stuffed around like I did!