PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline 'ASR' or tie bar for EG civic

SXC-84K
25-10-2010, 01:35 PM
hey guys and girls, i have searched the whiteline website and have also called them to ask about their reinforcement kit for the rear sway bar for a EG civic. its pretty much an ASR brace but the whiteline version, but their saying they dont have it for the EG civic or the DC2R.

does any1 know where i can get it from, or if the ASR brace will fit with a rear whiteline sway bar?

thanks

AXS
25-10-2010, 01:41 PM
asr bar can be purchased from jdm yard, and a dc2r swaybar or uprage will fit onto that. but a stock dc2r sway bar is 22mm if im not mistaken is more than enough for a eg. im runnin F7 controller arms with asr bar and stock dc2r swaybar, reinforcement couldnt get much better than that! hope that helps!

quangsuke
25-10-2010, 01:50 PM
to answer ur question, the asr brace will fit the whiteline sway bar.

kcokla
25-10-2010, 02:27 PM
you can also get the BWS(i think?) reinforcement bar from shift performance in the traders section.

does the same thing as the asr !

SXC-84K
25-10-2010, 04:53 PM
to answer ur question, the asr brace will fit the whiteline sway bar.

thanks mate u answered the question perfectly LOL, nice and simple =)

TheSaint
25-10-2010, 05:06 PM
when i put a whiteline 22mm kit on my Dc2 VTIR it was way to stiff - back end went a bit slidey

i now have a EG8 sedan - and i have put on the stock VTI/VTIR swaybar (14mm i think) with a skunk2 tie brace and it helped but it still isnt 100%

will going to a Dc2R bar make it too slidey like when i upgraded on the Dc2?

slidey = drift or too rear end happy

SXC-84K
25-10-2010, 05:31 PM
im pretty sure u can counter it with a front 1 as well? to make it more balanced rather than just get the rear

will the dc2r whiteline fit on the EG civic? cause i know the standard dc2r sways fit on the eg

MM89
25-10-2010, 05:55 PM
when i put a whiteline 22mm kit on my Dc2 VTIR it was way to stiff - back end went a bit slidey

will going to a Dc2R bar make it too slidey like when i upgraded on the Dc2?

put your foot down while you're still turning, that'll get rid of the oversteer. it's a different driving style.

AXS
26-10-2010, 02:58 AM
im pretty sure u can counter it with a front 1 as well? to make it more balanced rather than just get the rear

will the dc2r whiteline fit on the EG civic? cause i know the standard dc2r sways fit on the eg

Yes it will...

VT3C
26-10-2010, 04:36 PM

bwahahah too funny.. i know exactly what you mean though.. but please familliarise yourself with the terms 'oversteer' and 'understeer'..

your sedan will like the stiffer rear bar a lot more than a hatch or integra.. the extra wheelbase and weight over the rear half of the car will make your sedan feel more like a hatch / integra. Personally I cant stand the feel of a sedan's tail (or even a coupe) - but a decent rear swaybar will definately help it a lot.

TheSaint
26-10-2010, 06:23 PM
ah good - yeah i really hated the 22mm bar on my integra haha

might go put 22mm bar + asr brace on the shopping list lol

dougie_504
26-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Goes the DC4 GSi come with a sway bar? And how much does a DC2R 22mm RSB set you back?

And what do you need the ASR brace for?

:)

mugen_ctr
26-10-2010, 08:10 PM
gsi does come with swaybar, 14mm i think, same as ek4/em1... with regards to tail happy, id say get good tires fitted, an shouldnt be any problem... never heard of such problem with 22mm rsb fitted
cheaper alternative to asr is blackworks racing rear bracing, slightly cheaper, but essentially the same deal, different company

if im not mistaken vtir have 24mm front an 14mm rear, so 22mm should even out the body roll more so

TheSaint
26-10-2010, 08:28 PM
the ASR brace helps the rear subframe from not tearing as the EG etc were not designed to handle a 22mm swaybar - especially at the age they are getting to now

anyone know what the stock front swaybar on an EG sedan is?

jks24
26-10-2010, 08:34 PM
gsi does come with swaybar, 14mm i think, same as ek4/em1... with regards to tail happy, id say get good tires fitted, an shouldnt be any problem... never heard of such problem with 22mm rsb fitted
cheaper alternative to asr is blackworks racing rear bracing, slightly cheaper, but essentially the same deal, different company

if im not mistaken vtir have 24mm front an 14mm rear, so 22mm should even out the body roll more so
same, I have never had a problem with the car being "tail happy" with the EK9 sway in the rear, mind you I have pro c's and good rubber also.

Pretty sure EM1 rear is 16mm...its shit lol

mugen_ctr
26-10-2010, 08:46 PM
its shiit alright, lol got one in atm...cant wait to chuck in a thicker sway bar

jks24
26-10-2010, 08:51 PM
its shiit alright, lol got one in atm...cant wait to chuck in a thicker sway bar

yeah man one of the best bang for buck mods forsure!

MM89
26-10-2010, 10:33 PM
anyone know what the stock front swaybar on an EG sedan is?

Measured my EG4 hatch front swaybar today - 18mm

I can't imagine the front swaybar of the sedan being too far off from that.