PDA

View Full Version : will JDM front pass vehicle inspection?

fung9420
26-10-2010, 10:59 AM
How legal on the JDM front conversion?
i am looking a JDM front-ed DC2R registered in Vic.
If have to bring it to Transport SA to register to SA,
how difficult? no to mention other mod, would they pick on the non-standard radiator support, headlight?

Has anyone brought any JDM into SA b4?
i just dont want to risk my 13-15k for a car risk on registration.

Much appreciate on help.

foujee
27-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure i read somewhere about someone doing this and getting knocked back once he got back to SA.

quangsuke
27-10-2010, 09:26 PM
theres a red import jdm dc4 gsi automatic in melbourne.
www.firesport.com

that should pass sinces its oem.

WATAJK
27-10-2010, 09:30 PM
If it's been imported then it will pass no probles as thats OEM... Correct info dude :)
If your buying one thats been converted then MOST likely you will need it engineered sadly.

specialst
26-11-2010, 04:50 PM
JDM Front will pass vehicle inspection at Regency in SA under 2 conditions.

that is -
1) The fog light globes and wiring are completely removed as they dont meet ADR's. JDM Fogs do NOT meet ADR's because: the fog lamps cannot be more than 400mm from the side of the vehicle and thus JDM headlights would not comply in its current configuration.
2) Head Lights are of Halogen type. HID's are NOT ADR approved for DC model Integra's (we all know this anyway i hope, ie. Retrofit HID Kits)

I personally have written a proposal to the Coordinator of Vehicle Standards (Regency) detailing whats involved in JDM front and he said its ok as no changes to the chassis itself is being done. The Fog Lights and Halogen Globes are your only concern.

I did the conversion after he consulting and having my formal proposal reviewed. He's a good guy - just dont ask him stupid questions. They are a busy bunch.

I hope this helps.