PDA

View Full Version : NSW NSW licence Mobile Speed Camera Interstate in QLD

integragsi96
26-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey I just got done by a Mobile speed camera which was very well hidden...
one second i was doing 60 next second when i saw a flash i was doing 80...
now im a p1 driver (should be on p2 by now) but i just moved interstate from NSW and now living in QLDand havent had a chance to change licence over as yet..
yehh i know p plater loose licence for 3 months and a fine but my problem is that i have a interstate licence and i have been told that whilst having an interstate licence is cant loose any points but do get the fine.
is this true?
or will i have get the brunt of it and have to go to NSW for court then hand in my licence to the RTA
not in the mood to be flamed just need an answer
Thanks Sam

tiksie
26-10-2010, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter where your license is from.

You lose points.

I hope I answered your question.

Pay more attention next time.

integragsi96
26-10-2010, 04:14 PM
spewin...
oh well i was in the wrong so ill just take the punishment...
but my biggest thing is do i still have to go down to NSW?

tiksie
26-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not too sure about that one!

quangsuke
26-10-2010, 06:47 PM
It doesn't matter where your license is from.

You lose points.

I hope I answered your question.

Pay more attention next time.

thats odd. i've always thought that when interstate u dont lose demerit points, only can get fines....
thats how it is in melbourne.....unless the laws have changed.

integragsi96
26-10-2010, 06:56 PM
yehh thats what i thought too...thats what my parents have told me.
but i guess the laws have changed to be tougher on p platers...even tho the average speeder is between 22-25 apparently.
im just stressing because i think i saw a flash...i dont know the speed really of when or if it flashed and yehh...
im not whinging or anything just confused of whats going to happen..id hate to have to go to court in NSW when i live in QLD now

seihoa
26-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Nominate someone else LOL

noobcake
26-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I hope your answers are backed up with evidence, not some bullshit he criticises people who speed.

tiksie
26-10-2010, 11:58 PM
thats odd. i've always thought that when interstate u dont lose demerit points, only can get fines....
thats how it is in melbourne.....unless the laws have changed.

My brother had a western australian license here in Sydney and had lost points for speeding.

Maybe it's different for different states, but seeing as you were caught in NSW, I'm assuming the same rules would apply, unless there are some laws with NSW and WA that clash.

integragsi96
27-10-2010, 03:00 PM
My brother had a western australian license here in Sydney and had lost points for speeding.

Maybe it's different for different states, but seeing as you were caught in NSW, I'm assuming the same rules would apply, unless there are some laws with NSW and WA that clash.

Sorry mate other way round...i have a NSW licence and got caught in QLD where i now live...been here for a month but dont have to chance the licence over for another month or 2...im thinking about doing it friday...then get my greens