PDA

View Full Version : efi conversion

ek_king
29-10-2010, 11:37 AM
i recently bought a ee3 wagovan with a d15 twin carb, and i want to convert it to a d16 vtec. i wanted to know how hard it is to do the wiring to efi. im debateing wether to try it myself or get someone to do it because i heard its pretty hard and storys of people replaceing all the wireing in the car. any help would be great thanks

markismaximus
29-10-2010, 01:15 PM
bit of an open ended Q. depends how confident you are doing wiring? Whats easy for one person is difficult for another etc

In my opinion its easier to replace all the wiring instead of trying to hack up the carby wiring harness

ek_king
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
what is the best harness to use for it?
between me and a couple mate we should be able to do it im just debateing wether to try it or just let a professional do it

jdm_b16a
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
what is the best harness to use for it?
between me and a couple mate we should be able to do it im just debateing wether to try it or just let a professional do it

When you get your D16Y1 get the harness with it - the complete wiring out of the donor car. Believe me, you will be thankful later.

Even better, if you are removing the wiring harness yourselves, do what Mark did and label every connection. I know it takes a little longer but its well worth it when you go to reconnect everything.

Do a search on markismaximus or read his Build Thread. You could read mine too (but it may put you off)!

Peter

ek_king
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
When you get your D16Y1 get the harness with it - the complete wiring out of the donor car. Believe me, you will be thankful later.

Even better, if you are removing the wiring harness yourselves, do what Mark did and label every connection. I know it takes a little longer but its well worth it when you go to reconnect everything.

Do a search on markismaximus or read his Build Thread. You could read mine too (but it may put you off)!

Peter

haha i can be pretty determined, i got the motor off a mate who got it off someone else and it was turbo so the harness is all hacked up.
is it better to use a ef9 dash loom?