PDA

View Full Version : advice on prelude 94-vtec

smuda
29-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey guys came across this site while searching for information on Honda, glad to be a new member :D

Was wondering if i could get some advice, after saving up for some time i managed to get my car but i'm still fresh to the technical aspects on cars..

I need to replace all my rubber seals , they have shrunken and some are coming out. I tried reading up on doing it DIY but i don't have the technical knowledge to do it.

1) How Much would it cost to get them all changed?
2) My sun roof is rusted and i was thinking of either replacing(any better suggestions?)
3) I need to do so minor detailing as well.

It'll probably cost a bomb if i went to one of those big car centres.. was wondering if anybody has contacts to someone who could get all this done for me.. i've saved up another $1500 for this..hope its enough. I'm in perth, south perth along mill point road... any help would be greatly appreciated.:D

furorsekka
29-10-2010, 08:28 PM
what specific rubber seals are u talking about? as in door/window seals?
there are methods to replacing your sunroof i believe the cheapest being finding a wrecker and getting a 5 gen roof :) make sure u clean off any rust and relube before you put it back i think.
I highly suggest you join http://www.preludeaustralia.com/ :) it has a lot more threads specifically based on preludes.

smuda
29-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply, yep rubber seals for the windows ..front and back and for the doors as well.

I'm actually an international student , so i'm not too familiar with the wreckers, do i just go down and buy the parts of em? any good wreckers to go too in perth?

Thanks again :D

furorsekka
29-10-2010, 08:51 PM
http://www.honbits.com.au/index.html is one of the wreckers recommended on PA.
the seals can probably replaced by a mechanic.
I've been recommended
Cypher Industries
1/9 Blamey Place
O'Connor WA 6163

T: +61 (08) 9331 8488
F: +61 (08) 9331 8466
E: cypherind@westnet.com.au
hope this helps, anyways if u need other stuff yeah join PA and use the search button there should be quite a few threads relating to your problems